BBQ season

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
me too, but in the winter months out here, the grass is pretty dry and if it's windy, you'll catch the whole damn area on fire.

Gemini @Gemini , good point about the flipping. You should only have to flip once if you know what you're doing.

Also, keep the lid closed when you're grilling for more even heat distribution. A lot of people don't do that. You lose a ton of moisture and flavor when you don't keep the lid on while cooking.
I agree 100%.

If there is anything that annoy's me is people that keep flipping the meat while grilling. Especially chicken, a lot of people burn the living shit out of it & leave the inside raw.

I stopped buying / supporting BBQ take out for any fundraisers. It seriously never fails, the chicken looks awesome from the outside, but pink ass pussy inside.

I think those BBQ chicken fundraisers are overkill. It's way too much chicken to Q up in that amount of time & have it cooked right. I felt I was supporting a good cause, but $7 to $10 for a plate of whelped overdressed salad, cold beans, a dry ass dinner roll & raw chicken wasn't cutting it on my end.

Dec 28, 2009
I like to throw some burgers and those Lil chicken wings on the grill every now and then

For the burgers I will get the cheap ground beef with higher fat ratio and add a chopped up onion, egg, bread crumbs, garlic salt , worcestershire sauce and some hot sauce.

For the wings I just get them frozen and throw them on there straight from the freezer. Once they're just about done I toss them in the spicest hottest BBQ sauce I can find aka kinders xxxtra hot then I throw them back on the grill till there ready then I toss in Sauce one more time.

Don't get me started on my potato salad recipe its.........