bay blowing up?....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
tadou said:

By the way...if you are going to be an ass, and make ludicrous threads like this, filled with pointless rhetoric and pointless rambling, the LEAST you can do is wait til i go on vacation, so i will not come down on you and make you look like a fucking fool.
give it your best shot. You don't have much of an argument. If the bay was tight that would be one thing, but it's not. ludicrous, rhetoric, rambling? Ok dogg, I ain't just making this shit up. It's all true.

Apr 25, 2002
facebook.com
Damn...I just heard a few rappers that I think will make it from the bay....

Mr. Kee and Mista Cane... I have'nt really heard anyone else with so many tracks that I like....but then again...I have'nt heard a whole lot of cd's...Its just that these 2 stand out 2 me......

Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
D-Style: can i ask you a few questions? Here goes.

Do YOU rap? Do you write lyrics? Do you write whole songs in a single sitting? Do you have the ability to put fucked up things you see happening into words?

If not, you cant and shouldnt be saying a single word on this topic, because you have no idea. How is it that The Bay--by your logic--couldn't be popular
lmfao. We are called CONSUMERS Tadou. WE DO HAVE A SAY! It isn't the rappers who say what's tight and whats not...its the consumers. We are the ones that buy the music. If we don't think the music is good, then we don't buy it. If a bunch of us don't think the music is good, then a bunch of us don't buy it. If great numbers of rap fans don't by music from Bay area artists, then it isn't popular....Our opinion is just as valid as a rappers because we have the power of numbers, criticism and praise...this is the second time you have personally attacked a consumer on the board and told them their opinion isn't worthy and also the second time you've made yourself look like an idiot...if thats the way you feel you should stop posting here or only read the threads by Peete, Dutch, 12er, and Mark 7...cause those are pretty much the only artists that are doing things on the higher level of rap that post here.

That's not to say that there aren't good musicians out here in the bay...if you look at the current number of rap artists who are selling in huge numbers (platinum, double platinum) there can't be more than 20. There probly aren't more then 6 or 7 from any given area...so you aren't gonna see THE BAY blow up, but you'll definitely see a few hopefully...In the future I am personally looking forward to these artists doing big things...
San Quinn and Done Deal
Yukmouth
Jacka, AP9 and the Mob Figaz
Mac Mall
Mr. Kee and Louie Loc

May 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
HIP HOP WILL NEVER DISAPEAR. THATS THE BEAUTY OF IT...IT ADDAPTS. I THINK ITS CHANGING. THE WAY I SEE IT THAT 360
AINT COMING OUR WAY FOR A MINUTE. IMA TELL YOU WHY. EVERYBODY SPITS GANGSTA SHIT. L.A ORIGINATED IT, THE BAY PERFECTED IT, AND MAINSTREAM EMBRACED IT. NEW YORK ALONE HAS ENOUGH MAINSTREAM GANSTA SHIT CIRCULATING RIGHT NOW THAT THEY'RE EVEN TIRED OF IT. SOON ENOUGH THEY WILL GIVE IT UP AND REVERT BACK TO HIP HOP. IM TALKIN SHELL TOE ADIDAS, DONKEY ROPES, BREAKBEATS, SAMPLES, AND RAW LYRICISM.
IF CALI REMAINS GANGSTA AS IT HAS THROUGH OUT THIS WHOLE ORDEAL WE WILL NEVER BE RECOGNIZED FOR OUR WORD PLAY. REAL TALK WE'LL JUST BE "GANGSTA RAPPERS." JUST A FEW THOUGHTS ON THE SUBJECT ANYWAY...ONE

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
^^^^^
That's why muthafuckaz need to quit with the gangsta shit...it's old, nobody wants to hear that anymore. It's one thing to be hard and use some fuckin sense, and spit some shit with meaning...that's all good. But everybody talkin about "I'm blastin" whoopty whoop, shits done. You know what really pisses ME off? The rappers that run around talkin about bein MOB AFFILIATED and callin themselves bosses. LOOK, I don't run around calling myself Hewey Newton or anybody like that, that would be some fake shit. So, these cats need to stop calling themselves DONS and CAPOS and GOTTI and LUCCIANO...rap ain't a fuckin movie, shit's supposed to be real.

So to all rappers, if you don't know how to wire a brick of C-4 to a car ignition...or, if you've never walked into a barber shop and scattered somebody's brains on the floor while they were gettin a shave....shit, if you only respect yourselves....QUIT WITH THE MOB SHIT...NONE OF Y'ALL ARE GOTTI'S...most of y'all wouldn't be allowed to be DON's because most of y'all ain't full blooded Italian...

Anyway, that's just my fuckin pist off opinion. I'm sick of cats talkin hella shit about fake rappers and then they turn around and call themselves GOTTI...

May 10, 2002
MAINSTREAM STUFF IS SO WACK RIGHT NOW THAT ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY START PAYING ATTENTION TO THE BAY AREA.

SOMEONE SAID WE NEED ONE PERSON TO GET RADIO PLAY SO THE BAY CAN BLOW UP, YOU FORGET ABOUT E-40???? HES TRIED TO BLOW PEOPLE UP BUT IT AINT WORKEN, IT TAKES MORE THEN ONE PERSON TO BLOW UP A WHOLE AREA

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
LOL...no doubt playa....that's REAL FUCKIN TALK right there...

I'm just sick of seein cats all pist off cause kids are out there C-Walkin and they're not crips...and then you look at dudes name or some shit, and he calls himself Wiseguy AKA John Gotti AKA Young Mafioso....its some bullshit.

Then you have MURDER INC, a PRIME EXAMPLE OF THIS BULLSHIT. Does anybody know what MURDER INC. really was???

Jul 17, 2002
like ive said before alot of artist around here are using the same formula as death row did in 95 with harder rap, but we can see that was a phase of popular music, but now everyone like that bling lbing shit and nelly rappin bout some random ass shit, i thin k only e-40 got a chance to blow up on mtv cuz hes got a whole different approach and lyrical content

i mean when you look at different types of music, for example hip hop, the coup and living legends are getting bigger and bigger everyday

May 19, 2002
www.federashun.com
tadou said:
And what you need to understand is that I as a rapper am going to touch 100x more consumers than you EVER will by simply buying or not buying albums.

Alright...as i have already said and alluded to: Your pathetic, immature, unproductive opinion as a comsumer does not mean SHIT when compared to someone who is dedicated at making things change.
Explain how YOU as a "rapper," who I definitely ain't heard of, nor anyone else outside your house, can touch 100x more consumers that whoever you were talking about. And I'm not talking about the music YOU put out--rather by "simply buying or not buying albums." Are you someone special? Does YOUR money make more of a difference than anyone else's. I really question the difference you think you're gonna make in anything....... No offense of course

Apr 25, 2002
wait...

couldnt help but find this on another board on the siccness...here's Tadou describing his rap...

I'd compare myself to.....Jadakiss, Jay-Z, Nas, Ghostface Killah, & Lil Flip...some big collage of all them! Everything i do is knowledge (nas), mixed in with silly shit (lil flip, ghostface), but it rhymes like a muhfucka (jadakiss, jay-z)....
good luck with that dogg. I can't be a critic of your music only of your words, and to say that you must think VERY VERY highly of yourself.

Apr 25, 2002
sorry, had to lmfao when i read this qoute...lets paraphrase shall we...

tadou said:

from a philosophical standpoint, i am FAR superior to most.

In conclusion....the bay will blow, but it will not be from the support of the Bay's fans, who have their head so far up their ass, they can <insert humorous joke here>. (Im sure you see my point)

from a philosophical standpoint, i am FAR superior to most.
what will it take to pop that giant blimp you call your head....you sound so full of yourself yet you havent done shit for the rap game but speak on how much knowledge and philodophy you got...first do it, then speak on it, cause until then you just like every CONSUMER ON HERE...YES....CONSUMER

May 10, 2002
As far as a whole area blowing up, I don't see that happening again ANYWHERE any time soon. That shit ended wit Nelly and the St Lunatics. Nelly got discovered and all of a sudden every A&R and talent scout was combing St Louis lookin for artists. St Louis must be crawlin wit em right? NO. Who'd they find? Pretty Willie...

*a moment of silence for the career of Pretty Willie*

Basically what I'm sayin wit that one is, if the talent aint there, it aint there. Just because one cat makes it from a particular area that don't mean the whole area blows (nowadays anyway). That shit is over.

There's some talent here, but only a select few will break thru .. eventually. I have my idea of who they are cause I've worked with em. There just has to be a work ethic in place for these certain cats to take it to where it needs to go. A label rep aint just gonna show up at your doorstep with a negotiating table and 2 chairs. Mufuckas gotta work for that shit. You gotta be ready for when the conventions and the functions come to town. You gotta find out about functions that aren't in town and go network. You gotta have your stage show together, you gotta have your look, your image and all that shit together. How many of y'all 'artists' went to that A&R convention in Oakland? How many of y'all went to the one before that in San Jose? Cats think them little conventions and get-togethers is a waste of time cause it's so many mufuckas, but I tell you this - Riddla waited in line at both of those conventions, got in there and had mufuckas from Bad Boy, Epic, and a couple of other labels on his dick. That don't necessarily mean nothin right now cause that happens to would-be artists everyday, but the fact that he was there networking is big cause he wants this shit.

To me, these are the cats from out here that have the ability to be factors in the Mainstream Hip Hop game. Everybody I'm about to mention will be mentioned because they are incredible writers and have charisma. Both of those traits apply to all of these cats but for different reasons. They all could come out right now, being from San Francisco and sell as solo acts because none of em will sound like each other or anyone else...

San Quinn
Willie Hen
Bailey
Big Rich
The Riddla

Yea I know. Y'all think I'm being biased. But I'm not. I don't listen to too much Bay Area Music anymore so some of y'all will think I'm leavin your favorite rapper out. But trust me, in my heart I KNOW with a lil push these cats can make it in the mainstream and have LONG careers. Not that one hit wonder bullshit. These cats can WRITE THEIR ASSES OFF in their respective categories...

In a nutshell, no whole area is gonna blow up again. There might be a few cats from here, there or wherever crackin but it won't be a whole area. It's just who comes with the GOOD MUSIC. Remember kids, we strive for GOOD MUSIC. Alicia Keys is GOOD MUSIC, Jay-Z (for the most part, lol) is GOOD MUSIC, Dr Dre is GOOD MUSIC, Eminem is GOOD MUSIC, etc.....

GOOD MUSIC

two fangaz

Jun 1, 2002
Finally, somebody takes it back to the subject at hand. This was a real-ass post Mr. Peete. I feel every word you spoke on.

You're right about The Riddla. He's nasty as fuck, one of the hardest lyricists I've ever heard come up outta the Sco. He laced my nigga Gennessee's solo album and I know that Noble House album will be fire too....

It's a couple more cats who will carry the torch though....:cool:

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
^^^^
Got a very valid point Mr Peete. Cats need to start gettin off their asses if they plan on goin anywhere. My boy and I went to the convention in Oakland, and there were a shitload of muhfuckaz there. But that's what you gotta go through if you tryna make it in this damn game. Think of it this way, is it easier to go to a convention to meet these reps and have them hear you? Or is it easier to mail your demo along with everybody else in the fuckin country, so they won't even think about listening to your shit unless your package is radioactive and it glows???

TADOU, so far your gums are flappin. What makes you so special and different? Why would a label want to pick you up? They don't want a rapper who sounds like somebody else. You think if I sounded like Eminem or Pac the majors would be tryin to sign me? FUCK NO, cause the industry already has or had those people. Feel me? So if you think you're gonna make an impact, you better think about making your voice and style YOURS, and nobody elses. Otherwise you will be another name that blows away with the wind.