bay blowing up?....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Why do people keep saying "the bays gonna blow up this year" or "this is why the bay isn't blowing up". I hate to break it to you but every area has its time and the bays time has come and gone. When have you ever seen a city blow up twice? The glory days of the bay were to me 92 to early 97. Anything released after 97 has been ok at best with a few exceptions here and there. LA gangsta rap was big for a long time in the late 80s and early 90s but people have moved on and LA isn't gonna blow up ever again like it did back in the day. Rap as we knew it is in it's last days. It's becoming too pop. Props to all the folks keepin it real but shits gettin played out. People need to cut out this "blowing up shit" cuz the bays NEVER gonna get big again. So stop gettin your hopes up.

May 2, 2002
Who says I'm not dealing with it. I never said in this post that I want shit to be the same. I'm telling people like you (new artists from the bay) to deal with the fact that you aren't gonna get big. U especially. I mean look at your position. Your Bootlegging your own cd and other bay rappers new cds for RNS, a release group that your a part of? Come on dogg. Never has a rapper started that low and gotten big.

Oct 4, 2002
510outtapocket.com
D-Style said:
Who says I'm not dealing with it. I never said in this post that I want shit to be the same. I'm telling people like you (new artists from the bay) to deal with the fact that you aren't gonna get big. U especially. I mean look at your position. Your Bootlegging your own cd and other bay rappers new cds for RNS, a release group that your a part of? Come on dogg. Never has a rapper started that low and gotten big. [/QUO

have u heard of 50 cent.. BLADAO

May 5, 2002
fuck a whole area blowin up.. Im just waitin on a bay artist to blow up. keep it real no whole area blows up just the ppl who deserve it be it in Wisconsin, Texas, New York or California etc.

Jun 13, 2002
Mista CaNE said:
shit goes in cycles... what is it gonna just evade us forever... shit changes deal with it style
i agree with cane. this shitz goin in cycles, and the bay's been workin hard for these past years, so we will get our time to shine again. i aint sayin we blowin in 2003, but soon in the future.

Sneak

Sicc OG
May 11, 2002
Seriously the bay needs that one person who can get air play. Their shit doesnt have to be tight, someone like NELLY for instance who blew up ST. Louis. Once that happens for the BAY the flood gates will open

Apr 25, 2002
Sneak said:
Seriously the bay needs that one person who can get air play. Their shit doesnt have to be tight, someone like NELLY for instance who blew up ST. Louis. Once that happens for the BAY the flood gates will open
St. Louis blew up? I know Nelly did but I have yet to hear anyone anywhere talkin' about St. Louis.

May 2, 2002
D-Style: can i ask you a few questions? Here goes.

Do YOU rap? Do you write lyrics? Do you write whole songs in a single sitting? Do you have the ability to put fucked up things you see happening into words?

No do you? I don't know if your trying to impress me or act as if every other rapper doesn't do the same shit lol. It's my opinion as a consumer and if the consumer isn't happy and nobodies buying your shit then it's time to hang up your coat and look into another profession.

If not, you cant and shouldnt be saying a single word on this topic, because you have no idea. How is it that The Bay--by your logic--couldn't be popular, seeing as though so many Bay area phrases and slang terminologies are being ripped off daily and used by hip-hop's top acts?

So only rappers can talk about how the bay rap game (actually the whole rap game) is bullshit now? Your an idiot. I'll say whatever the fuck I wanna say about anything. The bay as of now is 99% shit. How can you expect to blow up with shit music? All the music that's coming out is half assed projects about shit that's already been said before, done before, and is played the fuck out. Artists don't even drop solos anymore they drop compilations with 20 guest appearances and they call that a solo? hahaha...fools can't sell by themselves so they have to get features. Even then most of the time they don't sell. The bay slang that's being ripped off isn't new slang if you didn't know that already. All the bay rappers that got their slang jacked came out with that shit back in the day, not these new internet rappers so don't go and compare those faggot wannabe jump on the bandwagon rappers with the legends of the bay. Plus e-40 and most of the rappers that started rappin that slang on their records are in their mid 30s now, they got my respect and I love their music but everyone knows that they are at the end of their careers as rappers.

You can only go back to the well (N.Y.) so many times, and then people will be tired of it, and a void will present itself. And once that happens, the Bay (and the whole west coast for that matter) will be one of the many areas people look to for a new sound.

New York rap has been on top since day one. It ain't changin. I hate all new rap, fuck NY too (trust I have things to say about every region) I'm just mentioning the bay cuz this is a bay board. Rap used to be tight but now it's so fuckin redundant and old, no one is original anymore, this goes for every city, coast, whatever. No new styles except for the same old club shit but not everyone is into club music and even club fools get tired of it. If things keep going the same way as they are now the rap game in general is gonna dissapear within the next decade. Fools can only say the same shit so many times cuz after a while no one wants to hear it anymore.