B-DAWG ALBUM

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
??????? I DONT KNOW WHT YOU MEAN HOMIE.... ITS CALLED BEING CREDITED FOR YOUR WORK.
There are different ways to receive credit for one's work. When I look at the rap CDs I've purchased over the past 15 years or so, the vast majority of them do not have the label's name printed on the cover artwork, much less two labels' names.

For example, the covers of my Ice Cube albums do not say "Priority Records presents" on them, my 2Pac albums do not say "Interscope presents" or "Death Row presents," my Above The Law CDs do not say "presented by Tommy Boy," and Jive apparently never felt the need to be credited for its work on the covers of seven consecutive Too Short albums (1989-1996, the last album I bought was Gettin' It, so I don't know about his newer stuff).

I am not criticizing the artist or the music. B-Dawg is one of the most talented rappers on East Co. Co. Records and I'm looking forward to hearing his solo effort. I am criticizing the presentation as I find it unseemly. It seems like for many years it was not like this, and at a certain point, things changed and I started seeing it more and more.

Sep 22, 2007
There are different ways to receive credit for one's work. When I look at the rap CDs I've purchased over the past 15 years or so, the vast majority of them do not have the label's name printed on the cover artwork, much less two labels' names.

For example, the covers of my Ice Cube albums do not say "Priority Records presents" on them, my 2Pac albums do not say "Interscope presents" or "Death Row presents," my Above The Law CDs do not say "presented by Tommy Boy," and Jive apparently never felt the need to be credited for its work on the covers of seven consecutive Too Short albums (1989-1996, the last album I bought was Gettin' It, so I don't know about his newer stuff).

I am not criticizing the artist or the music. B-Dawg is one of the most talented rappers on East Co. Co. Records and I'm looking forward to hearing his solo effort. I am criticizing the presentation as I find it unseemly. It seems like for many years it was not like this, and at a certain point, things changed and I started seeing it more and more.

what the???????? I see alot of cds wit the record label on the cover.... there isn't anything wrong with that, sav it out is droppin heat, and they droppin Woodie shit even tho he is not here, as far as Sav it out is concerned I think they stepped up to the plate. after Woodie's passing no one else has dropped unrealeased woodie shit, i appreciate it mayn

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA

Its probably because it was Sav It Out presenting an east coco artists album, and I dont think Interscope, Tommy Boy, and Jive need their million dollar names on the cover of their albums, and Death Row is all over their own shit, that logo was all over just about everything. As far as the B-Dawg cd I ran over to Rock Bottom and grabbed it, it is really good after my initial run through, thus far I am very impressed, my only gripe is the slower song, dont have the cd in front of me, but its near the begining, hes rapping about a girl, its a little touchy for my tastesm and doesnt fit as great in the scope of the whole cd, but if thats the only problem its a great cd

Feb 13, 2004

WHO CARES ABOUT ALL THAT. ALL THAT COUNTS IS THE QUALITY OF THE MUSIC.

Mar 13, 2007

I don't think sav it out is a million dollar establishment like the companies you mentioned.They need their name in front of everything they could possibly put it on cuz that's what you do when you're on the come up.

Apr 11, 2005
Kinda late on this shit, but I haven't been up North in a minute. I picked this shit up in Poros and this shit is sick as fuck! Track 15 is pretty sick and it was cool to have that RIP Woodie track on cd. Good Buy....

Oct 3, 2006
Kinda late on this shit, but I haven't been up North in a minute. I picked this shit up in Poros and this shit is sick as fuck! Track 15 is pretty sick and it was cool to have that RIP Woodie track on cd. Good Buy....
where in poros?? can u give me and addy ???