Arturo Gatti vs Floyd Mayweather jr.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 17, 2003
Arturo Gatti
39-6, 30 ko's

VS. WBC SUPER LIGHTWELTERWEIGHT
TITLE FIGHT

Floyd Mayweather
33-0, 22 ko's

June 25, 2005
9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT
ppv $44.95
or save your money ,it'll replay next week
undercard
VIVIAN HARRIS(25-1-1 17KO)
VS
ARTURO MORUA (21-6-113KO)
WBA LIGHTWEIGHT
TITLE FIGHT
I HOPE GOTTI BEATS PRETTY BOY FLOYD,I DON'T WANT ANY EXCUSES FROM FLOYD,SUCH AS I HURT MY HAND, HE COULD RUN BUT HE CAN'T HIDE

ALSO F.Y.I. Classic Fights on HBO2
HBO2 to Rebroadcast a Gatti and a Mayweather Classic Fight as a Special Preview to the Gatti vs. Mayweather Super Lightweight Championship.

As a special preview for HBO Boxing fans leading up to the highly anticipated Arturo Gatti-Floyd Mayweather world super lightweight pay-per-view title fight, HBO Sports will present the exclusive re-broadcast of two intriguing showdowns:

On Friday, June 24 at 10:45 p.m. (ET/PT) and on Saturday, June 25 at 11:00 a.m. (ET/PT), HBO2 will air ARTURO GATTI VS. MICKY WARD II and FLOYD MAYWEATHER vs. DEMARCUS CORLEY.

May 10, 2002
sorry mayweather dont have the power, if he wins its gonna be a boring fight, hopefully my boy Gatti gonna catch him with one and shut mayweathers bitch ass up.

And the reason Mayweather seems so mad is cuz hes his own promoter now so he call talk all the shit he wants, when he had other promoters they wouldnt allow him to do it before.

Jan 9, 2004
I can see Mayweather's speed completely taking over the fight. I dont think he will knock Gatti out, but he will win by decision. Hopefully I'm wrong, I hate that cocky Mutha.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I am telling you guys Mayweather is going to KO Gatti. Gatti is a good fighter but I've seen him take far too much punishment in some fights. He's used to getting rocked. Mayweather is just too good and I believer Mayweather will win by TKO. The ref is going to have to stop the fight. Gatti has heart and probably will not want to go down but I can see him taking too much punishment to continue fighting. Mayweather by TKO.

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
Mayweather -380
Gatti +350

ur getting a GREAT deal if Gatti can win, BUT Mayweather is looking like the CLEAR favorite.....

i'm just gonna enjoy the fight, no need to risk anything here

Sep 3, 2002
THis Fight man...oh my goodness, I'm buyin it I don't give a damn, these two been callin eachother out for the LONGEST, and more recently sellin woof tickets for better ratings....I mean c'mon don't hate Floyd for talkin' he's just tryin to make some money.

Gatti is done.

That's all I can say, like Maywheather said--> Gatti can fight but he aint never seen no shit like what Floyd does.
Gatti probably has more power, even, but lets be honest Mayweather is ridiculous in the ring, dude was bred for boxing, and IT SHOWS! after his last fight he looked like he could go 24 more rounds with Brussels.All boxers can get rocked by a lucky shot, like Cotto proved against Corley, everybody gets rocked, but when Mayweather rocks you its not luck, Its the Pound for Pound best in the sport right there.

and I'ma go with Tony it will be stopped by a cut or TKO.

May 24, 2002
www.sovereign-records.com
mayweather is too skilled for the journeymen.. gatti aint the great fighter that people like to claim he is .. he is exiting to watch yea , but great , no . remember the wars with ward , they were great but you gotta remember gatti/ward 1 was just supposed to be a tune up fight for gatti and look what it turned into ...

Dec 25, 2003
In all honesty, Mayweather wins the fight decisively. Logic dictates that he should outclass Gatti, and I suspect he probably will. That being said, I want to believe that Gatti will have a chance in this one. For all the entertainment and wars he's brought us over the years, here's hoping he can somehow find a way to beat Mayweather.

GO GATTI!!!!!