Are Bay Videos a Waste of Money?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Hey all,

"ARE BAY VIDEOS A WASTE OF MONEY?!"

Khadafi - Fast, Mistah FAB - Ghostridin, Big Rich - That's the Business, Frontline - What You Want were all videos created in the past year or so. The Bay video game has been stepping up with the production, as good as any I've seen on TV. People complaining that the farthest these videos go is MTV Jams or BET Uncut (When it was still out). Other than watching them on Youtube, what's the point? Let's get this CIVIL conversation going.

FYI: I'm hoping for Trax's In The Hood video to blow. Let's see if next stop is "mainstream" success or MTV Jams at 1AM on a Thursday night.

Simple Question.

Thanks,
J:M

Sep 17, 2006
If the videos are being created with hopes to do big on MTV/BET then yes it is a waste. The industry doesn't play Bay area shit.

They are good for Youtube, and at least helping rappers that won't be on regular TV get heard. Believe me, in this ipod era, the youtube videos help sales more than you think.

Apr 24, 2006
not if you don't pay anything to make it...and even if it's cheap, all videos are are promotion anyway. if you just expect to hand out flyers and put up myspace bulletins then good luck, you're gonna have to put up some money to promote yourself.

Jan 15, 2006
If youre goal is to get it played on mtv and bet then yeah i would say it is a waste og money but these days with the youtube and all the other sites Videos are another form of promotion...

Oct 28, 2003
It's not a waiste if the artist do the follow up and try to actually take advantage of the buzz the video's create. Plus, in order to be taken serious you have to invest into yourself and present yourself to the world as an artist who is willing to put his or her money where his or her mouth is.

May 12, 2006
RealRich said:
It's not a waiste if the artist do the follow up and try to actually take advantage of the buzz the video's create. Plus, in order to be taken serious you have to invest into yourself and present yourself to the world as an artist who is willing to put his or her money where his or her mouth is.
^^ and thats where grills come into play.sarcasm.

Feb 4, 2005
they are good promotion an hella people watch them on youtube so they only a waste if u thinkin u gona get regular plays on mtv etc.

p.s that trax track is wack, the vid is coo but that song sounds like sum wannabe old no limit shit.

C

CcytzO_Loc

not a waste if you throw em on DVD and sell it.....or have it as a bonus on a cd....might help your album sales.......

Oct 21, 2006
Yea I'm surprised none of those songs made it big in mainstream. Big Rich and Frontline had songs that weren't strictly bay. They didn't overuse the same played out words. I'm surprised the frontline song didnt even blow that big in the bay

Is fast strictly bay slang? Cuz the video + song did have a lotta bay shit, and it had Keak da Sneak.

So Hood made MTV Jams.

Ghost Ride it, that's a bay thing and the song isn't even that good, but the way they made it, it coulda had ppl interested. Then it got banned tho.

And Hell Yea video didn't make any noise at all.

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
Imonone said:
If the videos are being created with hopes to do big on MTV/BET then yes it is a waste. The industry doesn't play Bay area shit.

They are good for Youtube, and at least helping rappers that won't be on regular TV get heard. Believe me, in this ipod era, the youtube videos help sales more than you think.
like Turf Talk?

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
they seem to be just that, a waste of money.When the only place that they get aired is the bay area its seems pointless. You would think you want would try to get it put out in other areas where the sales are needed. It is nice to see a bay video but its not doing much for it just being aired on CMC.

Dec 6, 2005
i don't know why artists and record companies pick the dumbest catchy songs to make videos with. they need to stop hopping on bandwagons and keep it real

Jun 6, 2006
yea they are a waste cuz jus a few thousand ppl view it so wats the point...i bet theres plenty ppl that love the song hell yea by quinn and dont even no theres a video.

Dec 6, 2005
ya another thing is we don't have big record labels out here that are really doing things, instead there is a bunch of mini-labels that are fighting in competition to get air play on TV which makes the music they put out catchy mainstream garbage

catchy music is crap and record labels usually put the shit out to make a quick dollar, with that the products always flop most of the time and fail