Anyone play guitar?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
So I got the EMG 85/81 pickups for my ESP a few months ago. They sound pretty fucking good. I thought they would scream a little bit more, but oh well. Yesterday my girl got me a Dunlop Crybaby Wah 95q for my Bday. That shit is fun as fuck to play with....Anyone else fuck with the Wah?

Apr 25, 2002
5 kickass online guitar websites
http://www.satishsays.com/2008/07/12/5-kickass-online-guitar-websites/
The internet can well teach us a lot of things and it surely can make you an adept guitarist. Here are 5 websites to hone your skills with the guitar(and with the ladies, if you so wish). At your pace.

Ultimate Guitar:

UG easily has to be one of the best guitar sites around. You’ll usually find the tablature for most songs around here. The website also features interviews with many guitar greats and has a very active community.

www.ultimate-guitar.com

Guitar Cardio:

Yes, your fingers need the workout and GuitarCardio will give you just that. Just like on a treadmill, you choose what kind of scales or chords you need to practice upon, and et Viola! We are on a nice session of working your finger muscles up. (My, my)

www.guitarcardio.com

The Guitar Thing:

The content on this site is created by Chandresh Kudwa of Dream Out Loud who is heralded as one of the best guitarist on the Indian rock scene. The site now offers all its content for free and has some really good video lessons on a myriad of topics. I swear I did not know what “Chicken Picking” was earlier.

www.theguitarthing.com
Essential Guitar:

This is a rather simple looking site but don’t let your eyes fool you. It’s got a great deal of information within it. All the articles are easy to understand and are punctuated with illustrations. Just what the doctor ordered.

www.essentialguitar.com
GuitarSite:

Another magazine style guitar website with loads of news and interviews. Head to the “Guitar Lessons” section to see a load of articles ranging from “How to nail a solo” to “What should I practice” etc etc.

www.guitarsite.com

Of course these sites are good only if you’ve had some guidance from an “offline teacher”. There are some really nifty things only a good human tutor can tell you. For the rest, there’s the internet.

Apr 25, 2002
Still playing as much as I possibly can. I have become completely obsessed with playing and learning guitar. When I'm not playing, it's pretty much all I think about. I bought a Strat not too long ago and it was the best guitar purchase I've ever made. I never liked Strats until I played this one and now my other guitars just hang on the wall.......

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
thats good, i was on spring break for this past week and that was the longest period that i didn't play guitar, i'm afraid to start again because i feel like my technique has deteriorated. I played in two school classical guitar concerts a couple of weeks ago and that was probably the most fun i've had since i started playing guitar.

Uzzle

Sicc OG
Oct 13, 2004
Just bought a Squier Strat by Fender with a Benringer 15watt amp for $80. Very excited to learn how to play, hopefully I can stick to it. Very relaxing to come home from school & work and just strum, hahaha.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
congratulations, just stick with it and play what you like. Make sure that you're comfortable with the string height and also make sure that the neck is straight, otherwise you'll have an uncomfortable learning experience.

Also, LEARN HOW TO READ SHEET MUSIC!!! It's just like reading, it opens new doors for you. i recommend this one,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0871666103
and if ur interested i can give it to you for cheap, i mean, just the postage. or if anyone wants it. I don't need it anymore. I also have the frederick noad guitar method vol 1, which i also highly recommend.

Apr 25, 2002
Carnage: I got that maybe 9 months ago or something. I like it a lot. You can play pretty much any kind of shit on a good Tele. That thing resonates like crazy through that beat up finish, it sounds badass. I've really got into Fenders lately. I play a Strat quite a bit of the time now too. I've kinda moved away from the shred style playing and shred style guitars that I used to really dig playing.....

Apr 25, 2002
good shit ive been alternating between my schecter hellraiser dlx electric guitar and this fender j bass. im still amateur though. i just learned the bassline to The Game - Ole English from a bass tab haha

those finger blisters are a bitch

May 16, 2002
Carnage: I got that maybe 9 months ago or something. I like it a lot. You can play pretty much any kind of shit on a good Tele. That thing resonates like crazy through that beat up finish, it sounds badass. I've really got into Fenders lately. I play a Strat quite a bit of the time now too.
Tele's are pretty fuckin sick. I am looking to get a Tele next. Fenders are my favorite, I have 3 of them...a 1994 American Standard Strat, a 1969 Mustang and a 1996 First Issue Jag-Stang (not the great of a guitar, but I am that big of a Nirvana fan)

I put a hot rail in my strat's bridge and it fuckin squeals!!!

I like PRS guitars a lot too...I have been tryin to find one on craigslist...I dont want to drop 3000 so hopefully some drug addict will post one up sometime so i can get a steal haha.

Apr 25, 2002
Wow Carnage, I have a friend with a guitar exactly like that. It has the seashell abalone or whatever inlays, right? That's a sweet guitar dude. I've played one just like it and it was a cool Strat.......