Anyone play guitar?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I started with a Fender Squier Strat and I really wasn't happy with the sound so I traded it in on the LTD. I like the sound much better.....The Strat was too blues sounding.....

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Syk0tic said:
I play guitar a little, rather play bass but I don't have one. Have any of you seen Guitars Suck? If not check it out.

Let me just say that I sold my gee and now I'm OFFICIALLY never getting another one thanks to this video. Especially because: the 12 string dude, the slap dude, Rusty Cooley, and Bumblefoot. Thanks syk0.

Apr 25, 2002
That www.justinguitar.com site is tight. I saw his videos on YouTube before. He does a great job of teaching.

STUPID QUESTION: What the fuck is the spring thing that came with the guitar with the alan wrenches. I figure it's used to restring the guitar but I'm not sure.

I'm addicted to playing right now. My free time is consumed with fuckin' with this shit......

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
I'm guessing it's to adjust the string height, but I don't think you're going to use that to change strings, at least I don't. You just need to fit the string through a hole and tie it to the tuners. But yeah could be to adjust the string height (action).

This last summer I did 4 am-ers just playing and learning songs, and also reading, unfortunately college is really going to ruin all that. I should be playing right now.

Apr 25, 2002
See now that I'm out of school I feel like I need something new to learn. I think that's why I'm so excited to learn guitar since I haven't been in a classroom/learning setting in a while......

Dec 25, 2003
1 Deep said:
Let me just say that I sold my gee and now I'm OFFICIALLY never getting another one thanks to this video. Especially because: the 12 string dude, the slap dude, Rusty Cooley, and Bumblefoot. Thanks syk0.
Id really recommend getting solid on guitar before picking up a Chapman stick or something similar. You want to go in it with solid form and habits before you get into the next step, or else you will sound like a simp on a stick...lol.

Jun 23, 2003
I been playin for around 10 years.

I have a Ventura Acoustic which is real vintage,

And an Ibanes rx series which is deep green. It was real cheap 10 years ago but they arent around much anymore and the dual humbuckers sound way better than a strat.

As far as learning man. You should learn your favorite songs. This is how music you listen to will influence the music you will one day create. What better teacher can you have than marty friedman or kirk hammet. Learn those bad ass solos and riffs and you are learning from masters.

Thats what I did and I can pretty much shred riffs all day. Im not into soloing but I can throw the shit into 1 1/2 step down and drop some hardcore shit.

I love it. I can let out so much aggression an energy just buy picking up the axe.

Good luck to all of you who are learning, and to those of you that havent played in a while. Pick it up. It is good for the soul.

Apr 25, 2002
Anyone have suggestions on some real nice pickups? I want some fuckin' hot pickups with a lot of sustain that just fuckin' sound mean. The stock ESP's just aren't hot enough.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Hey, don't know much about pick ups, i've actually stopped playing electric. How's it going now with it?

I started classical at the start of this year, and i enjoy this much more. Just bought a real guitar also, so i'm really excited and looking forward to it's arrival...

Looks a bit like this, except mines going to have a lighter top,

Anyways, I read a lot about pick ups last year, and you basically can't go wrong with emgs. Are you going to take it to a shop or are you going to try to do it yourself, because a local shop might be able to point you in the right direction.

Apr 25, 2002
I'm still playing a lot. I feel like I should be better by now with how much I play. I'm still taking lessons too. I actually bought a Fender acoustic/electric and I picked up a Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature too. LOL, I keep spending more money on guitars. I still think I like my ESP the best as far as the feel of the neck goes, but the pickups just aren't strong enough. If I get pickups I'm going to have a shop do the install, epecially if I go with active ones like the EMG 81/85's.

Also, I'd love to get a guitar with a Floyd Rose style trem so I can do dive bombs without it going out of tune. That's probably further down the road but I would definitely like to add one to the collection....