Anyone investing their 401k?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2004
I've had mine for 3 years now, and its starting to lose money. I'm worried that the fucking stock market is going to crash soon. What are yall investing in and with what results?

Apr 25, 2002
Mine is still growing. When the market started going south I re-allocated my investments so that all the money I was contributing week to week was going into a fund that was actually producing. There were only like two funds that had positive numbers out of all those available so the choice was pretty easy.

I ended up going with the one that Greenspan is down with.

As a young person you shouldn't be as concerned with a down turn in your 401k since you are investing for long term growth not simple short term gain. The market has ups and downs. You just want your fund to average growth.

Does your employer do matching of funds?

May 17, 2002
Mine did match 100% up to 6.25% of my salary, at my previous job. I just left it in there when i changed jobs. Imma take mine out if i get into law school, which i feel is a worthwhile investment in itself.