Anyone have the Motorola Droid?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
IPHONE OR GTFO!
The Hero is the only other phone I would consider. Too bad that shit is on whack ass Sprint. You can cop the GSM version, but fuck spending $500 when I already have an iPhone. I like the customization features on the SenseUI that Hero runs, but Android needs more apps before it thinks of challenging the iPhone.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
All Android phones do the same shit app-wise, but the Motorola Droid is an ugly-looking motherfucker. The only advantage it would have over the Hero is a physical keyboard, but I'm an iPhone user so I'm used to on-screen keyboards so that makes absolutely no difference to me.

By the way, the touchscreen on the Hero SHITS on the Motorola Droid. It supports multi-touch, so unlike the Droid, you can pinch-to-zoom.
It supports multi touch, just not in the browser right now, don't believe me? Look it up. Besides pinch to zoom is really not that fucking epic lmfao!

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
The Hero is the only other phone I would consider. Too bad that shit is on whack ass Sprint. You can cop the GSM version, but fuck spending $500 when I already have an iPhone. I like the customization features on the SenseUI that Hero runs, but Android needs more apps before it thinks of challenging the iPhone.
What apps can you get for the iphone that you can't get for android?

Nov 20, 2002
Stockton
one of the biggest complaints i had with my g1 was the lack of memory.. sure the memory is expandable via microSD, but what good is it, if your phone isnt rooted to let you run apps off the microSD card.

some apps on the android marketplace are like 10MB and that was practically overkill on the G1, where as on the app store, there are apps/games that are close to 500MB and hardly put a dent into the phone.

Edit:

on topic... im trying to win a HTC Hero or Moto Droid via phonedog.com... leaning toward the droid atm.

Apr 25, 2002
It supports multi touch, just not in the browser right now, don't believe me? Look it up. Besides pinch to zoom is really not that fucking epic lmfao!
I don't need to look it up, my coworker has one. Don't get all hurt because other phones are better than that ugly ass Droid. Motorola has been a shitty product for years. You expect them to come out of nowhere with a great phone that shits on all others? Please.

HTC >>>>>> Motorola

And about the apps.. Don't be a fuckin retard. Android has around 8,000 apps, the iPhone has over 70,000. You really wanna know what apps the iPhone has that Android doesn't? How much time you got buddy?

I like Android and I do believe it is the future, but right now it's not on iphone's level and the Motorola Droid is NOT the best Android-run phone.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I don't need to look it up, my coworker has one. Don't get all hurt because other phones are better than that ugly ass Droid. Motorola has been a shitty product for years. You expect them to come out of nowhere with a great phone that shits on all others? Please.

HTC >>>>>> Motorola

And about the apps.. Don't be a fuckin retard. Android has around 8,000 apps, the iPhone has over 70,000. You really wanna know what apps the iPhone has that Android doesn't? How much time you got buddy?

I like Android and I do believe it is the future, but right now it's not on iphone's level and the Motorola Droid is NOT the best Android-run phone.
:cheeky:

Yeah droid market place is also up to 12,000 apps.:cheeky:

I've had 3 HTC smartphones, excellent stuff, but you sound like a fuckin fanboy who doesn't know much!

Jun 2, 2002
i got the droid on wednesday...i've been wanting the iphone for hella long, but i am more than happy with this. besides having access to the itunes store, and the pinch to zoom shit, i actually like it better than the iphone. it has a bigger screen with better resolution, and since android is open source or whatever, the possibilities are endless...

by the way, the google maps and navigation is DOPE...so is the voice recognition shit.

Apr 25, 2002
:cheeky:

Yeah droid market place is also up to 12,000 apps.:cheeky:

I've had 3 HTC smartphones, excellent stuff, but you sound like a fuckin fanboy who doesn't know much!
You sound like a douche trying too hard to defend the little phone you were expecting to get props for.

By the way, Android is up to 12,000 apps huh? They're really closing in on that 70,000+ aren't they? Fuck outta here.

Show me what makes the butt-ugly Droid better than the Hero. It definitely isn't looks. It can't be the software. So what is it?

iPhone > both of them anyway.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
I got the droid,I love it..never wanted the iphone cuz it didn't have the keyboard.navi is filthy..internet is fast..now my lazy ass don't need to leave the couch.if your into how your phone looks like fatal,maybe go with the iphone,I personally don't give 2 shits

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
You sound like a douche trying too hard to defend the little phone you were expecting to get props for.

By the way, Android is up to 12,000 apps huh? They're really closing in on that 70,000+ aren't they? Fuck outta here.

Show me what makes the butt-ugly Droid better than the Hero. It definitely isn't looks. It can't be the software. So what is it?

iPhone > both of them anyway.
You sound like a faggot ass fanboy. Just because you let your boy slob you up while you fucked with his phone it doesn't mean you know what the fuck you are talking about. 12k apps or 70, how many have you actually ever used?

So what makes the Droid better than the Hero you ask?

OS Version
Droid - Android 2.0
Hero - Android 1.6

Processor
Droid - Arm® Cortex™ A8 processor 550 mHz
Hero - Qualcomm® MSM7200A™, 528 MHz

Display
Droid - 3.7"; WVGA (480 x 854 pixels); 16:9 widescreen
Hero - 3.2-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 320x480 HVGA resolution

Camera
Droid - 5.0 mega pixel with image stabalization Video DVD quality (720x480 resolution) up to 24 fps capture; up to 30 fps playback
Hero - 5.0 megapixel color camera with auto focus

Keyboard
Droid - Phyiscal slide out keyboard + virtual keyboard
Hero - virtual keyboard

Storage
Droid - 16gb microsd card included
Hero - 2gb microsd card included

RAM/ROM
Droid - 256mb RAM 512mb ROM
Hero - 288mb RAM 512mb ROM

So yeah, the hardware is much better than that of the Hero's you fucking idiot.