Anyone ever been a waiter?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 26, 2006
How is it? Im thinking about becoming one at this one restaurant. Seems pretty chill despite the late hours you have to work sometimes. The tips would come in handy too.

Apr 23, 2006
my sister is a busser at claim jumpers and all the servers in her section have to tip her out 2 PERCENT OF THEIR TOTAL SALES she makes 90 to 120 every night she works and 160 on thanksgiving on tips alone closest we will ever get to arab money lol

but i was a wiater at dennys for a month and i couldnt take it
it gets pretty stressful when its busy and you gotta have a real good memory

but just like anything it gets easier with time

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Waiter= dealing with asshole customers, dealing with asshole cooks/staff, customers running you to death for butters,napkins, condiments.., getting stiffed with tips or have an 8 top and only get like a $2 tip.

Busser is not dirty job unless you're going thru the tub trying to find food to eat like you're poor.

Apr 23, 2006
Busser is not dirty job unless you're going thru the tub trying to find food to eat like you're poor.
hey man some of that food is still good lol

and all of that beer is still good

best thing about being a dishwasher is you get all the beer you can chug... before your manager finds out and fires you
nothin like gettin fired when your drunk lol because you REALLY dont give a fuck

Apr 23, 2006
ANyone know the pay for a newspaper route
*thinks to self* why have a had or tried to get every shitty job

i tried to be a newspaper delivery guy the pay for my area was 10.25 but they didnt pay for gas and you have to wake up at 3 AM to get the papers and then deliver them in the wee hours of the night

Dec 9, 2005
I didn't do a paper route, per se.

But I did sell SF Chronicle subscriptions door to door for like 3 years when I was 14-17.

I was making a killing ! All cash pay, no taxes.

$800 a week in cash every saturday !

We'd roll around in a big ass white van, and just get dropped off and have blocks assigned to us. I remember being invited into hella people's homes, them giving us food, drinks, money. Hahaha...hella fun.

We used to get dropped off in Chinatown and blow all of our money on dumb shit like throwing knives and other asian trinkets.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
my sister is a busser at claim jumpers and all the servers in her section have to tip her out 2 PERCENT OF THEIR TOTAL SALES she makes 90 to 120 every night she works and 160 on thanksgiving on tips alone
I smell bullshit, bussers never make that much in tips!!!!!

So say she makes on one night $120 which is 2% of the waiters gross sales. That means the waiter sold $6000 in food/drink before taxes.

Which also means the waiter, before tipping made $900 if she made 15% his/herself. I doubt it.