Anyone else think the bay is flooded with bs?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
What we need is some crazy rich cat to takea risk and sign a few acts, then promote them like Interscope or Dre promote their artists. With that, only an empire can be built. Somebody to put us on MTV and BET and all the radio stations. We need people out here that believe in what we do as artists and understands it's a lot of money to be made out there, we just need to tap into it and take what's ours.

Apr 25, 2002
YOUNGMOE said:
who cares what comes out weak
, if it's wack, i'm not buying it, and it's ending at that
i'm not gonna run around sayingn it's horrible, if i'm asked, i'll give my honest opinion
besides that, worry about whats good
I agree with this. If you feel you bought a wack album is it the artist's fault for putting it out or is it your fault for buying it.

As for the bay being in depression mode...if you aren't getting attention, if you're music isn't selling, who's fault is that.

May 7, 2002
^^

As long as people out here push the envelope in music the corporate music world will be there waiting...

As the industry downsizes the largest benefit of major labels is MARKETING.. PR and Marketing make or break albums...

Tours, Biography's, Interviews, Artist Photos, Celebrity Functions, Sponsors, Commercials, Videos & (cameos), Fundraising Events, Primetime Local Radio Rotation, Billboards, Contests, Mixtapes, Cross-Country features, Internet Sites, Local Concerts, DJ Pools, ITunes, Flyers, One Sheets, Publicity events (movie premiers, fashion events, high profile award ceremony's) are all ways to be seen and stay seen....

If every serious artist makes a good stab at 3/4 of the list above they are presenting a good argument to sign with any major. If the deal is worth giving up %

Maybe not.. 50K can net you 250K give or take in indy money...

Jun 13, 2002
i mean, i agree with what this thread is talkin bout alot. but i mean, u just gotta sort thru the garbage and find the hot shit. trust me, i buy too many CD's, and for the most i get hot shit. cause i mean, no record sales are the only way for us to send a message out to these weak cats, tellin them to leave the game, or step their game up, yadameen....