Anyone else think the bay is flooded with bs?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
Don't get me wrong, I can't knock anyones hustle, if they workin and makin money more power to em, but is it me, or is anyone else tired with all the "YO THIS SHIT SLAPS" "THIS SHITS FIRE DON'T SLEEP" talk, and when you actually peep the album, its straight babbage, not even worthy of a download. This shit happens CONSTANTLY. I think thats why a lot of people don't take the bay seriously, cuz its hard to shift through the garbage in order to find the hot shit. Seems like every block got a rapper. I never go out and buy a bay album without hearin it first even from the artists that Ive grown up on. Lot of this shit comin out is sloppy and don't sound like time and thought was put into it. This is pretty much true for most areas in the country, but I think the bay is the worst IMO.

Apr 4, 2003
webmedia.bcit.ca
I am upping this thread.

There is a lot of repettitiveness that occurs on this messageboard. Same old post or same kind of post repeated constantly. I have noticed in the past when other people have brought this issue up, they were automatically shitted on and called "bay haters." I hope that is not the case today!

Mar 8, 2003
thats why i refuse to support local bay artists that are garbage. I take my listen'n needs else where. 90% of the niggas sayin they shit is fire, its not. Im dead ass serious.

SLY

Sicc OG
Feb 18, 2004
www.theslyshow.com
IMO... any place where someone is able too pick up a MICROPHONE or be a desinger u will have " bullshit" we just feel the bay is like that becuz this is whats exposed too us, same shit in other areas. trust that!.... as time goes on and more QUALITY shit comes thru the creases, the amateurs will be put on front street and the ridaz will prevail... :lick:

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah I feel you too, but you also gotta remember that it's gonna always be different strokes for different folks. What's tight to you may not be tight to someone else. To each his own basically....but a good point of what you're sayin' is that Yukmouth comp and that C-Bo shit that just came out. Most of the people on here hollerin' it's "slap" "fire" "slump" but all I heard was some "weak" "ass" and "shit". LoL Wasn't really feelin' none of it what-so-ever.

Mar 16, 2004
Yea there to much shit out and us fans cant buy all every cd that comes.Theres too much compilations that come out with recycled jam and too much mix tapes that are expensive that fuckin suck. That why I just buy the rappers I know from before like cellski, Yukmouth, Jt the bigga figga,etc.How many bay area cd came out this year?

Oct 31, 2003
Alot of the shit in the Bay sucks because they listening to they potnas and even cats on these forums that give them the "slap" of aprovel. I listened to that new Yuck and I'm sorry but, it sound just like everything else he has made in the last 10 years...the only difference is the change in his voice....this lack of willingness to change and become dare I say better as an artist is why the Bay ain't doin shit. Production (for the most part) sounds the same as it did a fucking decade ago...Rappers rappin about the same shit they rapped about when they first came out, like they live in a fuckin bubble or some shit. I as a fan want to hear somebody do something new and original, but yet keep they Bayness. Represent the Bay, but be a progressive artist aswell....my 2cents.

Nov 3, 2003
not only bs...............

but alot of cats nowadayz earn there lil name because they rap. not because of the streets. thats where the game gets fucked up. actors plain and simple.dont get me wrong some niggaz can make it sound good but thats all it is. shits ridiculous nowadayz. unless your momma has the money to make u a star. lol. not tryin to say im all that, but my folks know. and b-4 anybody gets offended this isnt directed towards anyone in particular. just my view. once the real cats in the game get back on top, things will get better for the bay. not these so called rappers........... its all about movement as a unit. yall going to see.............

Oct 31, 2003
To a certain degree it's the "real street niggaz" that's fucking the game up. I don't care what you have been through IF YOU CAN'T RAP. I mean I care in a "damn that's fucked up" kind-a way, but if you can't rap you can't rap. I think you should ern yo name because you can rap hella good (atleast in the rap world). Music should be based on talent- not how "gangsta" you are. Now if a rapper is actin like supathug and he is really da geek of da week then that's different. But being a criminal from the streets doesn't make you see or feel the pain of the hood any more or less then a regular Joe from that same block or hood that didn't do the "thug" shit.

C

CCCUser925

all i have to say is....IF YOU WACK AND YOU KNOW IT..DONT EVEN TRY PUTTIN ANOTHER ALBUM OUT...IF YOU WAS TIGHT AT ONE TIME AND YOU AINT ANYMORE...FIND YOURSELF A ReAL JOB...IF YO MOMMA BOUGHT 49 COPIES OF THE 50 COPIES YOU SOLD...TRY FINDING ANOTHER CAREER.....i can name alot of wack rappers from the bay area...hmm..tha gives me an idea...=D

Nov 3, 2003
NO QUESTION...........

I AGREE WITH U. BUT WHEN U GOT CATS TALKIN ABOUT DOIN THIS AND THAT BUT IN REALITY WORK A 9-5 AND NEVER OWNED A GUN. ALL IM SAYIN IS KEEP IT REAL IN YOUR MUSIC. THAT WILL TAKE U ALOT FURTHER IN ANYTHING U DO. . IM NOT KNOCKIN THE HUSTLE. DIFFERENT FOLKS DIFFERENT STROKES. WHATEVER U GOT TO DO TO MAKE IT. BUT THERES MILLIONS OF REGULAR 9-5 NIGGAZ THAT CAN RELATE. MAKE MUSIC FOR THEM. IF THATS WHAT U DO. IM NOT GOING TO SPEAK ON THIS ANYMORE AND SHOULDNT HAVE TO BEGIN WITH BECAUSE ALL THE NET NERDS WILL BE ON THE ATTACK. DONT FORGET TO PICK UP OUR SIDE OF THE STATE. DOUBLE DISC COMP OUT IN 2 WEEKS.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I've been saying this for umm, let me think here, 3 years now. When I first started hollerin it, cats were jumpin all over me, sayin' "(insert name here) is sick, and you wack", but of course that's gonna be the response.

It's good to see folks coming to the board and saying the shit I've BEEN saying, it shows me I wasn't wrong or out of line in any way, shape, or form. Now, since cats are realizing it, change can happen....and that's really good for the region.

Jun 18, 2004
Everyone is just giving hype to whack shit...no need to say it...it's there, so leave it alone...use your filter, and if shit is wack, don't let it through. People want to say the bay puts out weak music...so does every place since everyone found out you can go to a guitar center near you and pick up the tools needed to make music. The industry will always be watered down...you think that every cat that gets a NBA tryout makes it into the league? Hell no...no need to speak on it...the weak will get weeded out...and I don't mean doja.