anybody know anything about property management?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 3, 2014
So i moved out of my old place on November 2nd. I got an email a few days ago with a move out bill for $1,500 bucks saying they replaced the carpet, painted and did some work in the bathroom. They say they sent a letter to my forwarding address but it never came. I know by law they are required to let you know within 21 days of any money that you owe. The email was more than 30 days after i moved out. Do they have to show any kind of proof they sent the letter? and is there any way i can fight this or am i just fucked? feels like they are just putting in brand new shit to rent it for a higher price to the next person and making me pay for it.

Last edited:

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
So i moved out of my old place on November 2nd. I got an email a few days ago with a move out bill for $1,500 bucks saying they replaced the carpet, painted and did some work in the bathroom. They say they sent a letter to my forwarding address but it never came. I know by law they are required to let you know within 21 days of any money that you owe. The email was more than 30 days after i moved out. Do they have to show any kind of proof they sent the letter? and is there any way i can fight this or am i just fucked? feels like they are just putting in brand new shit to rent it for a higher price to the next person and making me pay for it.
by law they are required to let you know within 21 days of any money that you owe. The email was more than 30 days after i moved out.
you answered your own question.

let them know your attorney will handle this & ask their attorney's name / business contacts & they'll drop it.

Had someone do that to me before & they backpedaled once I mentioned my lawyer would be contacting them

In Cali if you lived there over 24 months by law they have to repaint & replace the carpet anyways, not on your dime.

Feb 3, 2014

let them know your attorney will handle this & ask their attorney's name / business contacts & they'll drop it.

Had someone do that to me before & they backpedaled once I mentioned my lawyer would be contacting them

In Cali if you lived there over 24 months by law they have to repaint & replace the carpet anyways, not on your dime.
i only lived there one year...and they said they sent a letter 3 days after i moved out...which i never got...do they have to prove they sent it? with a tracking number or something?

Mar 6, 2014

^this

Watch how quickly they will retract the bill.

When you let them know, try and sound as professional as possible. Use correct grammar and spelling, use a fucking theseaurus for words that sound like your rich.

Feb 3, 2014
^this

Watch how quickly they will retract the bill.

When you let them know, try and sound as professional as possible. Use correct grammar and spelling, use a fucking theseaurus for words that sound like your rich.
why would they just drop it though? I can get an attorney through my union but dont they know most people are just full of shit when they say theyre getting a lawyer?

Nov 24, 2003
I don't know about California, but in WA you don't even need a lawyer you just go to small claims court and if the Landlord/Property Manager can't prove that they followed the law exactly (ie. giving notices within the proper time frame) you get your full damage deposit refunded and I think the judge can order them to pay 2x or 3x times the amount as damages.

Feb 3, 2014
I don't know about California, but in WA you don't even need a lawyer you just go to small claims court and if the Landlord/Property Manager can't prove that they followed the law exactly (ie. giving notices within the proper time frame) you get your full damage deposit refunded and I think the judge can order them to pay 2x or 3x times the amount as damages.

yea someone told me that if they dont give you the proper notice in the right time frame they owe you double your deposit...there was a SMALL portion of the rug that had a burn mark..but why the fuck do they have to replace the entire carpet upstairs and down?

May 22, 2006
I get sued several times a year and for 1500 it will be handled in small claims court without lawyers if it comes down to that. And like someone else said the burden of proof is on them.

I just got sued by some cocksucker who tried to burn me and then sue me, I countersued and won. Lawyers cost bread tho. Litigation a lot of times comes down to who got more lawyer bread.

Small claims court is different tho. No lawyers just an argument in front of a judge and he decides.

My court room record similar to Floyd Mayweather

Feb 3, 2014
I get sued several times a year and for 1500 it will be handled in small claims court without lawyers if it comes down to that. And like someone else said the burden of proof is on them.

I just got sued by some cocksucker who tried to burn me and then sue me, I countersued and won. Lawyers cost bread tho. Litigation a lot of times comes down to who got more lawyer bread.

Small claims court is different tho. No lawyers just an argument in front of a judge and he decides.

My court room record similar to Floyd Mayweather
my union rep told me i get free representation up to a certain dollar amount...idk how high it is...but i cant imagine this process would take long..but i guess i dont need a lawyer in small claims...would it be good to show up with one or would it be completely unecessary

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Write them back and say that your pictures do not show damage to the carpet and ask if they can send you pictures showing how bad the damage was. They don't need to know that you don't have any. Then tell them if they don't pay you 1500 dollars you will take them to small claims court with your lawyer, Johnnie Cochran. If they mention the fact that Johnnie Cochran is dead just deny it.