Another school shooting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
And that is the baby's fault, not knowing whether they can realize what is happening? WTF? Lol, do you expect humans to be born with ability to talk and know what is right or wrong out the gate or what? Comparing a human baby to animals, you shittin me, you are a fraud
You're making my point for me (and Peter Singer's)

Yes, the newborn has the POTENTIAL to become a person. But IT IS NOT one until quite a few months after it is born.

Sperm and eggs also have the potential to become a person yet we don't call masturbation genocide.

Oct 3, 2006
You're making my point for me (and Peter Singer's)

Yes, the newborn has the POTENTIAL to become a person. But IT IS NOT one until quite a few months after it is born.

Sperm and eggs also have the potential to become a person yet we don't call masturbation genocide.
So then why are newborns entered in with a social, birth certificate etc...? Doesn't that mean they are considered a person? Whatever bro, I just had to say that, I am done feeding the troll

Props: HERESY
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Strange how the thought of doing this has never crossed my mind.

When I advocate infanticide, I do this from a population control perspective - the idea is for it to become a state policy and eventually a perfectly acceptable thing and a social norm. Doing what you suggest is totally pointless. And very detrimental to one's inclusive fitness

P.S. There is no such thing as morality in nature
There is no population control perspective in nature.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
There is no population control perspective in nature.
Unsuccessful attempt.

The general argument for why infanticide is not wrong is rock solid regardless of the what position you approach the issue from. Is a newborn a person in the sense of having self-awareness? No. They can't even recognize themselves in the mirror. End of discussion.

That we need infanticide to control population is also true, but completely orthogonal

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
So then why are newborns entered in with a social, birth certificate etc...? Doesn't that mean they are considered a person? Whatever bro, I just had to say that, I am done feeding the troll
You're confusing the social conventions with the general philosophical arguments

Jan 31, 2008
You're confusing the social conventions with the general philosophical arguments
I do agree with thag on this point. Social trends don't always represent the reality that underlies society.
Its like there are different levels of the world, or of life. There is life, and then there is society and the social norms that are superimposed over it.
Social norms are always changing too.

Concerning the other points Thag makes, I understand where you are coming from when you are saying that the baby has no awareness of itself, but more often than not, you are failing to realize that philosophy and worldview are inherent in one's perceptions and perspectives.
As much as you might sway away from the things that make us all human, limitations and the like, you are never really outside of it. Your love of science is preceded by an inherent philosophy that gives you such a worldview with the value of science.

So as much as you might not consider them humans yet, you cannot escape the reality that this all depends on what being human means to you in the first place, a philosophical inquiry.
You might look at your body as limited, your emotions as irrational, and take yourself(and everybody else) to be nothing more than a self aware minds, and this is valid logic when it pertains to the underlying philosophy and worldview that you operate from.
One can even say that logic is only of value when viewed from a logical perspective, to Logic.

And what you and others fail to realize is that going back and forth on trying to prove whose logic is valid and whose isn't will do nothing in the end because it is the difference in worldviews that dictates things, meaning relative to one worldview, the logic that comes with it is valid, as with the other.

We should start making it a point to try and 'step' out of our worldviews, realize that what we place an emphasis on in our lives is very much predicated on underlying conditions. Perhaps we can then become truly Self-Aware, in its realest form.