Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2006
ATTN any one who has rooted there phone with unrevoked do not install the new update to the evo. IT will brick your phone and u will be SOL as it voids the warrenty. have some one you know uninstall the unrevoked and then update

Dec 4, 2006
sold my Evo for about 750 on Ebay a couple of days ago.........Still with my HTC Hero tho..

I'm gonna wait for the new evo's that are being made though...

those will have the screen peeling off issue fixed ..

Oct 23, 2009
Looks like Froyo just got pushed out to the Nexus One.

Google has finally pushed Android 2.2 Froyo to its otherwise abandoned Nexus One handset. The update should either already be living on your phone, or be arriving over the air any time now.

One of the problems with Android is the scattering of different versions running on various devices. Unlike Apple’s iOS machines, all of which have their upgrade cycle controlled by Apple itself, Android updates are in the hands of individual manufacturers or telcos who would rather you bought a new phone and signed a new contract to get the latest OS.

And while you’d probably be foolish to buy a Nexus One now that you can have the Droid or any number of better phones, Googlephone owners who haven’t already hacked their Nexuses can look forward to some goodies. Best of these is probably the MiFi-like hotspot ability, which lets you share your cellular data connection over Wi-Fi. Even if you don’t care about that, you’ll see a general speeding up of the whole OS, and the premature draining of your battery should you manage to get the browser’s Flash support to work.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/android-2-2-froyo-update-pushed-to-google-nexus-one/