All Bay Artists - PLEASE LISTEN - NO MORE MIXTAPES PLEASE!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 25, 2003
"Mixtapes" are ruining the fucking rap scene. GODDAMN THEY SUCK....In order to qualifiy as a mixtape you have to have the following qualities:

1) A DJ with annoying reverb screaming shit like "FALL BACK" or "WHOAHHHHH"
2) Horrible shitty mixes with the vocals 20 decibals over the track.
3) A bunch of tired ass pre-styles (not freestyles) over everyone else's beats.
4) Volume jumps so that half the tracks are low volume, half the tracks are high volume.
5) Garbage bragging and bullshit punchlines on every fucking song. You're not allowed to actually make a song ABOUT something.
6) A diss track to some other rapper that nobody's heard about and/or 50 Cent.

Please... quantity does NOT FUCKING EQUAL QUANTITY. I am not going to pay for a half assed effort. Yeah putting out "Mixtapes" keeps your "Name in the street" - and it's cheap promotion - BUT IT'S NOT GOOD FUCKING PROMOTION BY A LONGSHOT!! I'M TIRED OF IT.

JUST FOLLOW THE OLD FORMULA, PUT AN LP OUT MIXED, MASTERED AND QUALITY, BUT BEFORE YOU DROP IT, DROP AN EP WHICH IS ALSO *MIXED* AND *MASTERED* AND ABOVE ALL ELSE QUALITY.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
don't buy em then pimp.....you fuckin with the wrong one's and you should ask around before you just snag anything you see.

www.MONSTAVILLE.net = QUALITY RECORDING, MIXING, NO ANNOYING YELLING, QUALITY GRAPHICS & REAL DJ WORK....REAL "MIXTAPES".

I don't even push my shit in the bay because it's a mussunderstood and overly abused concept that is getting ran to the dirt like most things in this business. I push hard in the midwest, southwest and dirty south and they move faster than I can re-order. I do what I do cause it works...when it stops working, then on to the next thang. Ask around bout any of our shit and they will tell you we only do QUALITY or it ain't droppin...period.
- PLAYA RAE

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
like I said...yall ain't feelin em don't spend ya money, don't even take the free shit....that's the luxury of this game...you ain't gotta spend on what you ain't feelin...no need to complain & moan about it...just move on.

there are PLENTY of cats doin quality work on these mixtapes, it's on yall the consumer to just lump everyone up in one pile and say fuck the mixtape game.

- PLAYA RAE

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
SAV, not only are we doin it like we did compilations, the mixtapes SOUND like compilations. A lot of cats need to learn the difference. There are some good ones out there, but the cats puttin out boo boo shit need to just STOP NOW!!

Sep 23, 2003
mixtapes are how artists get there name out, if they're not done right then there just as wack as every other piece of shit you buy. The OLD g-unit mixtapes, Siccamore's Watch me Do me pt 1 and 2, the JAcka's mixtape, and a couple others are fuckin classics. And most of the time they are or should be free. So Saying you aint feeling mixtapes is your opinion, but it doesn't mean a whole hell of allot to anybody else. LAME THREAD

Apr 15, 2003
www.thamouthpiece.com
everyone is entitled to they opinion....at first I wasn't feeling them....but they are great promotional tools....if it wasn't for my mixtape, folks might not know about me.....and I aint gonna be giving my original material away.....plus you gain fans even before your album drops...and even have folks anticipate your album....

like any othere debut album, compilation, group album....you gotta weed out the wack ones....cause they out there.....

but you got folks who put in some real work into them, and they deserve they props.....

NOT FOR $ALE - DA MIXTAPE - download for free

ThaMouthpiece.com

SlapShack.com

Northern-Ridaz.com

download it, burn it, bump it, sell it...i dont give a fuck...lol

Jun 13, 2002
i feel what u sayin folkz, but once again it all depends on who's doin the mixtape. just like it was when comp's started to flood the market, it just depended on who dropped em, cause some were and still are tyte.

so i think u should prolly just focus on tellin everybody to drop quality mixtapes (if they gone drop em) or dont drop any at all.

Apr 7, 2004
it's just too much going on right now...I think we out in the bay need to just now focus on puttin out top notch albums. That's just my opinion.

May 2, 2004
Everybody go buy playa rays industry hijack mixtape and see that not every mixtape is like this.

Some mixtapes are good and like tha saying goes turn off what your listening to if you dont like it

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
BIG UPS to PLAYA RAE, BALANCE, CUDDIE CUT, MONEY TREE, M DASH.. cause of there mixtapes im a fan now..

Feb 19, 2003
tadou said:
My ideal mixtape is: half original, half beat-jack....features all over the place....QUALITY mixing and mastering (not album quality, but in the middle)....good graphics.....pressed...and $5 shipped or less.

Mixtapes that sell for $10 and $15 aint mixtapes, those are lazy albums.

And even though somebody out there will probably bitch about me calling myself a rapper.......there's more to an LP than some people think. You can release an album and a mixtape a year, but if you release 2 albums a year, people start complaining, comparing things, saying you rush material, etc. But an album and a mixtape really dont compare.......if that makes sense.

For the less active labels, it also gives you a chance to say 'Limited Edition' and only press up a thousand or so. Whereas, an album, you're expected to push and push and push, and always have some of the back product on hand

u maaaaad :mad:
Real talk. I just judge them as they come out. Just like anything else, some are dope, some are wack. Simple as that.

PEACE!