Ages on this board?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Whats your age group?

• 15-18

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • 19-22

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • 23-26

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • 27-30

Votes: 18 23.7%

• Total voters
Apr 30, 2003
I'm curious as to the general ages of the people on this board. Reason I ask is because I'm finding it harder and harder to find rap c.d.s I really like. A lot of times a c.d. gets good reviews on here, so I cop it, and I still ain't feeling it. I'm wondering if its because maybe I'm older than the average rap fan and maybe I'm getting less tolerant of mindless rap without a point or message to it. Btw, I'm 28.

May 30, 2006
To the thread starter........i hear what u saying about takin peoplez opinionz. I go by my own judgement cuz people on thiz board be pumpin up some bullshit.

If I don't hear an entire album first or atleast hear some snippetz then I aint fuckin with it unless itz someone I'm a die hard fan of like Lynch, TECH, Yuk, Mitchy or Face. Some people opinionz I value but I still go off my own judgment az well.

I'm 29 yearz old & when I waz comin up buying a rap CD back in the 90's(esp the first half of the 90's) waz pretty eazy cuz it waz less music & more qaulity. Don't feel like your getting old, its just that the music now iz a lot worse.

Sony

Sicc OG
Nov 3, 2005
I'm 19. I've been listening to rap since forever, but I really started listening to it and doing research on older albums and digging into underground shit when I was 13 or 14.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'm 27, I started listening to hip hop when it would make its way to the radio in the 80s, but started paying attention more in the late 80s (in LA)/early 90s (when I moved to the bay)

Apr 30, 2003
The Evil Genius said:
To the thread starter........i hear what u saying about takin peoplez opinionz. I go by my own judgement cuz people on thiz board be pumpin up some bullshit.

If I don't hear an entire album first or atleast hear some snippetz then I aint fuckin with it unless itz someone I'm a die hard fan of like Lynch, TECH, Yuk, Mitchy or Face. Some people opinionz I value but I still go off my own judgment az well.

I'm 29 yearz old & when I waz comin up buying a rap CD back in the 90's(esp the first half of the 90's) waz pretty eazy cuz it waz less music & more qaulity. Don't feel like your getting old, its just that the music now iz a lot worse.
Yep exactly how I feel. I will still mostly stick with the artists I know I like. I dig Lynch, and Tech too. I've wasted a lot of dust these last couple months on c.d.s I didn't like.

Thank you for voting everyone.

May 21, 2002
im 33, old as fuck compared with some rookies on here. i started listening to hip hop in 1986..and its right - back in the day there were a lot less releases and lot more quality.

There is still quality music out there, the whole world has changed since the 80's and the music industry is going through a revolution with the aid of the internet.

sad but true though - i can't trust artists anymore, i am old school and i like to buy cds and own the thing is i feel something that much, but i have wasted too much money on music that clearly the artist or label dropping it didnt care about.

I wont buy anything now until i heard the whole thing and i know its worth my time and effort.