advice?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 6, 2006
i have a little problem, i sold a CD week ago that was in good condition and now i get a respond from the buyer that won the item and claims that the cd has a scratch and due to that one of the tracks dont work, and before i shipped im 100% sure it didnt have any scrathes on the cd, and now wants a refund, i know the answer is obvious but i want to make sure if there is another way around this?

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
whats his user name? i had the same problem with a buyer who bought a cd from me for $50. i was 100% sure the CD had no major surface marks and made sure it didnt skip before i even listed it on eBay.

so i send him the cd and he opens a claim through PayPal and says it didnt match the item description and that the cd i sent him has scratches and the cd skips on 2 tracks. so i tell him to send it back and he sent me a cd that didnt even look like the one i sold him. i could tell it wasnt the same cd because i wouldnt have bothered putting it on eBay in the first place if the cd looked the way it did...with deep surface marks and dirty spots all over. i think some buyers are just buying cds so they can replace it with the "bad" copy they already own. i tried emailing him again about it but he never responds.

to answer your question...if he already opened a PayPal claim you can A) try to fight the claim or B) just tell him to send it back with a tracking number for a refund

only problem with trying to fight the claim is that PayPal sides with the Buyer 95% of the time. if you choose to fight the claim then youre pretty much taking the chance of losing your money AND the cd.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
def need to have him send it back with tracking number and then once you receive it u will issue a refund. Hes trying to get a free cd here cause most people wont ask for the cd back...

May 1, 2009
Yup I had the same situation awhile back. Dude tells me that the cd is scratched and skips. 80 cd, so Im like look ill refund you your shipping because I am 100% sure it was flawless but to save time and headache I try to be nice. He opens a claim for 50 saying it was an item not as described. Guess what paypal took 50 off of me. Its unreal what some people will do to screw you over.

Jun 16, 2007
What if he is right ?
I mean does he look like a bidder with 2 feebacks that he got 5 months ago or does he look like a regular ebayer with positive feedbacks and high price bid ?
If so let him a chance.

I see lots of people coming here sayin "block this dude on ebay, he did that or that". You have to prove it ! Sometimes it's obvious but sometimes it's not and asking 20 sellers to block him just because you had a litigation with him is totally arbitrary.

Sep 6, 2006
What if he is right ?
I mean does he look like a bidder with 2 feebacks that he got 5 months ago or does he look like a regular ebayer with positive feedbacks and high price bid ?
If so let him a chance.

I see lots of people coming here sayin "block this dude on ebay, he did that or that". You have to prove it ! Sometimes it's obvious but sometimes it's not and asking 20 sellers to block him just because you had a litigation with him is totally arbitrary.
YEH THAT WAS HIS ADVANTAGE, TO TAKE AN ADVANTAGE ON SOMEONE (ME) THAT HAD 2 BAD FEEDBACKS FROM EBAY SCAMMERS, SO THATS WHY HE THOUGHT "I GOT AN IDEA, LETS SCAM THIS DUDE! CUZ HE GOT 2 NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS"

AND I LIKE TO ADD

HELLO 2006vrot (TIBOU)

Jun 16, 2007
DAMN you find me out ooooh shit ...well I though that you would be a little bit more open minded, that was just a supposition...

First, I never talk about your profile but his. I didn't check yours, I even don't know who you are on ebay and I don't care.

2, I'm french but I'm not 2006vrot. Here is my ebay profile : dtibo and I dealt with tons of people from siccness through ebay or siccness and that was always fine. But you can add me to your block list if you like to enlarge it...

3, with such reaction I would say : you 0 - 2006vrot 1

Sep 6, 2006
DAMN you find me out ooooh shit ...
I knew it... but you say prove it? thats the thing i cant prove shit cuz this french guy who goes buy the name of 2006vrot got me good, the only thing i can say i am not doing any more deals with any french... i used to see alot of posts on here saying french are this and that but now i agree with those who used to say it... i learnt a valuable lesson from this so im gonna be extra cautious when selling on ebay from now on...