A7X shitting on rap music right now

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2006
I gotta say, I've been a tried and true rap fan for my whole life. Upon hearing this band's last 2 albums, I'm convinced there is nothing better. Fuck rap nowadays, A7X is the real shit.

The message in rap nowadays ( except for guys like Common, Kanye & Lupe ), is such bullshit and so destructive to the community, I find myself falling further and further away from even caring about rap anymore. I will still always listen to my classic records ( Reasonable Doubt, It Was Written, The Infamous, Carter 2, Enter the 36, etc, etc. ), but hip hop has pretty withered away and died in my opinion.

I recommend this amazing band for EVERYONE ( I didn't even like rock before I heard the albums ), great lead singer, ridiculous double bass and some of the most creative, catchy & complex riffs ever constructed. You will LOVE these records.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
lol @ A7X being an amazing band. You live up to your name.

Everyone got their own opinions and that's cool but you most seriously just be getting into rock music if you think they are amazing.

Sep 17, 2006
Eh, there videos may be a little cheesy, but what's more cheesy is the way Shadows screamed every single word into the mic on Waking the Fallen. I'm glad that they have evolved into something more than just corny ass nu-metal. You CANNOT deny how damn advanced they are especially as far as musicianship goes. Give them credit for being the ONLY popular rock band out now that prides themselevs on instrument playing. I understand most of the people on this site are gonna have A7X go over there heads, I'm just tryna open up some minds to some real music.

Sep 17, 2006
lol @ A7X being an amazing band. You live up to your name.

Everyone got their own opinions and that's cool but you most seriously just be getting into rock music if you think they are amazing.

Like I said, I am just getting into rock over the last few months, but I have been listening to everything ( Chilli Peppers, Hendrix, Blue Oyster Cult, G N R, Pantera, Green Day, System, etc., etc. ), and I have not heard anything that came out in the last 10 years that even comes close to City of Evil. maybe American Idiot, but they aren't as sick on the guitars as Avenged. I don't understand how u could think they AREN'T an amazing band.

Edit: I see some of your posts, and your definitley up on your shit ( I never even heard of the bands you are talking about ), but I gotta stick with my statements.

Apr 8, 2005
Like I said, I am just getting into rock over the last few months, but I have been listening to everything ( Chilli Peppers, Hendrix, Blue Oyster Cult, G N R, Pantera, Green Day, System, etc., etc. ), and I have not heard anything that came out in the last 10 years that even comes close to City of Evil. maybe American Idiot, but they aren't as sick on the guitars as Avenged. I don't understand how u could think they AREN'T an amazing band.

Edit: I see some of your posts, and your definitley up on your shit ( I never even heard of the bands you are talking about ), but I gotta stick with my statements.
if your just getting into rock, heres some good shit to check

adema
fingertight
deftones
element eighty
earshot
smile empty soul
endo
shaded red
finger eleven
40 below summer
orgy
seether

Apr 8, 2005
I'm going to keep my opinions to myself regarding bands mentioned in this thread lol.

I like Clutch and Deftones though, check those two out of the ones people named.
i cant see why you wouldnt like adema, well, their first cd, and have u even heard fingertight?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
What kind of music?

@ Imonone - It's all good though, people like what they like and that's cool. Come post up in the Music Industry forum sometime and maybe we can introduce you to some more bands you will like.

Plus curb you from A7X lol, just fucking with you.

Jun 21, 2006
I listened to avenged sevenfold 5 years ago and after they put out their first national single they've been shit ever since. They turned from a new fresh sound into a stupid mainstream hot-topic mall band. Get sounding the seventh trumpet to hear how they were when they weren't so well known.
Also see rise against's first album, revolutions per minute go buy it if you don't have it. one of my favorite cds

Apr 25, 2002
Rock shits on rap......I always denied it but it's true.....A7X is okay, but there are way better bands to check out. Personally, I've been stuck on old metal lately such as: Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, old Metallica, Megadeth, even fucking Queensryche. I'm digging all the metal that I disregarded back in the day......

Sep 17, 2006
I do dig the old metal too, however I love the fact that A7X has the sound that goes way beyond metal. I don't mind the softer songs and the songs with broadway/country/latin rock vibes either, it juts sounds great to me. I'm not looking to categorize there music as anything but rock and that's fine to me.

But thanks for all the opinions and suggestions on other bands, I will check as many as I can out. I still recommend that if youre only judging Avenged by "Beast & the Harlot", "bat Country" & "Sieze the Day", they have so many other styles than that. "Blinded in Chains" & "The Wicked End" from City of Evil are fucking amazing and the new self-titled album is great too, with Shadows finding a much better, stronger pitch to sing with. There is only 1 real metal track on the new abum "Critcial Acclaim", but I think any fan of metal and screaming will appreciate how much better his voice has gotten over the last 2-3 years.

Sep 17, 2006
A Little Piece of Heaven was one of my favorite songs of last year.
Yeah man, it's that type of originality that I love to hear from them. I can imagine hard-core metal fans not liking this type of muisc, but to each his own. It's kinda like people still stuck in that "gangsta rap is cool" phase, that flipped when Snoop did "Sexual Seduction". You can't stick with one sound forever. I though Sounding the 7th Trumpet was cool, but too much screaming and not enough variety.