50" Samsung 720p DLP +Xbox360 (HDMI)+Halo 3+1600 Xbox pts+$100NFL gift card <$1200

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 16, 2004
50&quot; Samsung 720p DLP +Xbox360 (HDMI)+Halo 3+1600 Xbox pts+$100NFL gift card &lt;$1200

Bestbuy.com got a promo going on for Samsung DLPs. Get all the aforementioned for just under $1200, free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat131300050003

Add Samsung 50" 720p DLP HDTV - HLT5075S (you can substitute other Samsung 50"+ HDTV's listed on offer page)
+ $1079.99
Add Xbox 360 (HDMI premium) B4J-00107 (you can substitute Elite, Halo, Top Spin 2 Bundle (non HDMI premium)
+ $349.99
Add Halo 3 (you can substitute Limited/Legendary edition)
+$59.99
Add 1,600 Xbox Live Marketplace Points 56P-00001
+$19.99

-$15 XBL MP discount
-$410 Halo 3 Offer discount
$100 NFLShop certificate is a mail-in offer

Total: $1,084.96
Plus Tax
And put pickup for the 360 or they will charge $8 for shipping for that.
Everything else is shipped and delivered free of charge.

Don't forget to add XBL MP points into your cart, there's no option for it in the link.

Jul 24, 2005
hella_numb said:
DLP's are wack. LCD or Plasma > DLP.

you funny my dlp 52" shit all over my plasma, but I gotta admit lcds has a nice picture I'm looking in to getting a 42 "lcd before the years out

May 9, 2002
Plasma's have the best picture, but have the shortest lif span (if you think 10,000 hours is short) and the can "burn in" images.

LCD's have longer life spans (15,000 hours or more), but not as good as a pic as plasmas( although, they are gettin real close) and they dont burn in images.

Cons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LCD#Drawbacks

DLP's are projectors and can be blurry at certain distances and dont usually have as good as pictures as plasmas but can have the same effect as LCD's...they also can have "ghosting", but the newer ones are usually rid of that.

Cons:

In single-chip designs, some viewers are bothered by the "rainbow effect"

Some viewers experience eye strain, headaches, and migraines when viewing DLP screens.

Not as thin as LCD or plasma flat-panel displays (although approximately comparable in weight), though newer sets are thin enough to be wall-mounted.

Some devices may have fan noise.

Silk screen effect

"Screen door effect" (SDE) may be visible at close distance and/or with lower resolution models (720p resolution and lower). SDE can also be perceived as artificially sharp looking (due to dark gaps between mirrors/pixels which are high frequency content, not part of the image displayed) and not film-like.

Dithering noise may be noticeable, especially in dark image areas. Newer (post ~2004) chip generations have less noise than older ones.
Error-diffusion artifacts caused by averaging a shade over different pixels, since one pixel cannot render the shade exactly.

Mediocre on-off contrast compared to CRT reference.

Response time in video games may be affected by upscaling lag. While all non-CRT HDTVs have some lag when upscaling lower resolution input to their native resolution, DLPs are commonly reported to have noticeably longer delays. Newer consoles such as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 do not have this problem as long as they are connected with HD-capable cables.

Color rendition can be off, especially the bright reds and yellows when at maximum brightness.

More mechanical than traditional CRT, LCD, plasma, and LCoS displays.
Poor viewing angle compared with direct-view technologies such as CRT, Plasma, and LCD.

I own a LCD and i fuckin love it.

Aug 7, 2003
yeah i got a 32 inch lcd and love it. my boy got a plasma and its tight. and my friends dad got a dlp in the main room. the picture is kinda fuzzy maybe just a bad signal. but lcd's and plasmas are flat panel (which are less the 4 inches thick, dlp's are like 15 inches deep) and are lighter ( dlp's weigh over 90 pounds while lcds and plasmas are like 40-50). if you like dlp's then go for it but i wouldnt spend my money on a dlp.

Nov 16, 2004
hella_numb said:
yeah i got a 32 inch lcd and love it. my boy got a plasma and its tight. and my friends dad got a dlp in the main room. the picture is kinda fuzzy maybe just a bad signal. but lcd's and plasmas are flat panel (which are less the 4 inches thick, dlp's are like 15 inches deep) and are lighter ( dlp's weigh over 90 pounds while lcds and plasmas are like 40-50). if you like dlp's then go for it but i wouldnt spend my money on a dlp.
This DLP is 57 pounds and had nothing but great reviews from people paying full price, some paid $1,600 and have no complaints. It's a good deal for those that want to buy the 360, halo 3 and an HDTV.

Fuck plasmas and lcds, SED and Laser TV will rule the market and will be available this holiday season. Cheaper, more efficient and by far superior pictures. Learn about it.

May 9, 2002
smeezy said:
Fuck plasmas and lcds, SED and Laser TV will rule the market and will be available this holiday season. Cheaper, more efficient and by far superior pictures. Learn about it.
Cons of Laser and SED TV's....which wont even hitthe market for awhile.

Cost. Although a laser system can eliminate several components such as the color wheel and filters, the laser devices themselves are currently expensive. As manufacturing processes improve, however, this may be alleviated.

Safety. The high power emitted by the coherent laser sources is inherently dangerous to human vision. Proponents claim that integrating the devices with the needed diffusion filters removes this risk

Speckle. Due to the narrowband coherent light source, speckle will be an issue at the display. This has also been a problem in laser lighting displays and has been solved through modulation of the light source thus widening the bandwidth and reducing the possibility for coherent interference. Proponents claim that this issue can be minimized by the use of diffusing elements and multiple sources. These, however, may impact displayed resolution and system cost.

Furthermore, some have questioned the credibility of Laser TV development efforts. Apparently, some information regarding Laser TV developments can be traced to the pre-IPO publicity campaign of Arasor, and its partner, Novalux.

A number of major consumer TV manufacturers have indicated that they have no plans to incorporate Laser TV technology into their product ranges.

A reversal by Mitsubishi saying that they in fact do plan a Laser TV offering

To the contrary however, companies such as Novalux have shown what appear to be viable demonstrations at industry conferences such as SID and CES.

As for SED's:

As with any phosphor-based technology, SED may also be susceptible to screen burn-in. This was a constant problem for people using CRT television monitors for security camera systems. Early plasmas also had this problem, but with phosphor development, the problem has largely been reduced.

On May 25, 2007, Canon again announced due to prolonged litigation, it will postpone the launch of SED televisions, originally planned for October-December of 2007. The company said it will announce a new launch date in the future

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-conduction_electron-emitter_display#Disadvantages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_tv#Drawbacks

You wont be seeing either of these technologies for a minute.

Nov 16, 2004
sNEAK 70sEV said:
so after 10,000 hours they dont work no more or wat im confused
10,000 hours is referenced for the plasmas, and yes they will die and you'll have to replace the whole unit. DLP's are rear-projectors, they use a lamp and they have a lifespan of 3k-5k hours, some have had theirs working for over 5k hours and some less. Basically with normal use, they will last 2-3 years and you'll need to replace the bulbs. Replacing the bulbs give the DLP a lifetime of using. Bulbs right now are $125 (ebay, $200 from samsung) but in 2 to 3 years you'll see a dive in prices.

Nov 16, 2004
I Fucked Your Mom said:
Cons of Laser and SED TV's....which wont even hitthe market for awhile.

Cost. Although a laser system can eliminate several components such as the color wheel and filters, the laser devices themselves are currently expensive. As manufacturing processes improve, however, this may be alleviated.

Safety. The high power emitted by the coherent laser sources is inherently dangerous to human vision. Proponents claim that integrating the devices with the needed diffusion filters removes this risk

Speckle. Due to the narrowband coherent light source, speckle will be an issue at the display. This has also been a problem in laser lighting displays and has been solved through modulation of the light source thus widening the bandwidth and reducing the possibility for coherent interference. Proponents claim that this issue can be minimized by the use of diffusing elements and multiple sources. These, however, may impact displayed resolution and system cost.

Furthermore, some have questioned the credibility of Laser TV development efforts. Apparently, some information regarding Laser TV developments can be traced to the pre-IPO publicity campaign of Arasor, and its partner, Novalux.

A number of major consumer TV manufacturers have indicated that they have no plans to incorporate Laser TV technology into their product ranges.

A reversal by Mitsubishi saying that they in fact do plan a Laser TV offering

To the contrary however, companies such as Novalux have shown what appear to be viable demonstrations at industry conferences such as SID and CES.

As for SED's:

As with any phosphor-based technology, SED may also be susceptible to screen burn-in. This was a constant problem for people using CRT television monitors for security camera systems. Early plasmas also had this problem, but with phosphor development, the problem has largely been reduced.

On May 25, 2007, Canon again announced due to prolonged litigation, it will postpone the launch of SED televisions, originally planned for October-December of 2007. The company said it will announce a new launch date in the future

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-conduction_electron-emitter_display#Disadvantages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_tv#Drawbacks

You wont be seeing either of these technologies for a minute.
Most of the cons could easily be rid of. They are just stating possible risks, nothing definite. SED is phosphor based technology and it maybe susceptible to burn-in, according to wiki. Then it says CRT and plasmas had this problem but has been reduced due to phosphor development. If SED is phosphor-based tech, and phosphor development reduces screen burn-in, how is SED susceptible to burn-in? It's different tech from CRT and Plasmas.

As for the laser tv's, it seems the proponents figured out how to solve the major problems. Most of the components are cheaper than LCD and Plasma components with the exception of the needed major components to make it work, so it should balance things out. We'll see what happens.

May 9, 2002
Even if it IS cheaper to make, manufacturers are going to set the price at a stnadard that will be more expensive then LCD's/plasmas/DLPs when first on the market...its called profit margin and its going to be HUGE. New technology AINT cheap.

Nov 16, 2004
I Fucked Your Mom said:
Even if it IS cheaper to make, manufacturers are going to set the price at a stnadard that will be more expensive then LCD's/plasmas/DLPs when first on the market...its called profit margin and its going to be HUGE. New technology AINT cheap.
They have stated prices will be around LCDs and Plasmas, we'll just have to wait and see. If you set it at the right price come holiday season, it can take most of the market share away from Plasmas and LCD's, thus driving out the competition. I'm just stating things from what I read. We'll just have to wait and see.

Nov 16, 2004
Masked Lemon said:
You can find that same tv for a lot cheaper on the web, if you know where to look.

refurbelectronics.com for one.
Show us where you can get it brand new for $700. I only saw one HL-T series 1080p model and it was a refurbished for $1600.