5 GREATEST RAPPERS OF ALL TIME??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2002

i see somthn wrong bout this shit now yall nyggaz puttin pac numba 5 and not numba one cuz yall think betta dayz iz wack im juz thinkin dat diz album is his tightest how da fuck some of yall nyggaz gon say dis shit is wack most da nyggaz think 2pac is da tightest and i do agree wit diz shit but some nyggaz juz aint feelin pac no mo cuz da beats changed and it aint like me against da world or all eyez on me diz is a new time and new material beatz but anywayz diz yall opinion tho im just puttin mah thoughtz...... here my top 5

2pac
brotha lynch hung
master p(i respect erythang he's done in 94-98)
scarface(the diary made me say this nigga is one ofem period)
spice1

Oct 21, 2002
1.x-raided with out a doubt
2.2pac he woulda been first but cmon x got the best lyrics in the west i think x is a better rapper i mean thas all he has time for is rap and rap more yall gotta feel me on this one.
3.biggie
4.cannibus
5.Eminem even tho i dont like the white piece of shit he got skills

Jun 20, 2002
ummm.

first i'll base this off of sales or media exposure...

#1. all time would have to be a tie between PAC and EM...i say that because they both will regardless of the circumstances and the trouble they are in.

#2 also another tie between SCARFACE and JAY-Z, both have had very long careers, plus they both have made classic albums, and have a very strong presence within the media and on their own record sales.

#3 i probably would have to go with LL COOL J, not because i think anyone including myself listens to him here(i could be wrong), but the muthafucka been doin this for a long time, and he always goes gold or platinum.

#4 Snoop Dogg, not ever would consider him as far as lyrics go, but the man has the charisma for the media and makes good "RADIO" music, it can't be denied...

#5 Eric Sermon pretty much the same as LL, but not quite the sales that LL gets off of most of his albums, but Eric usually puts out quality music.

ok...now for Lyrics...this means words, not just the words you hear, but the context in which they presented, also i take into account, the level of the lyrics within the enitre album, not just on one song. i also only consider an artist that has three or more SOLID albums

#1 another tie except this one is a threeway...EM, SCARFACE, BUSTA RHYMES...i know, some people won't agree, but this assesment does not mean any of the three are the absolute greatest of all time, there can be no one winner. I chose these three based on 3 albums, the level at which they have risen over the course of their careers, and that all three remain true to what each raps about.

#2 another tie...NAS, JAY-Z, COMMON...all three are respectable(doesn't mean you have to like their music), but they all write well and make on the average quality albums, or they have rebounded from a sub-parr album and have bounced back.

#3 another tie...KRS-1, REDMAN, KURUPT...all three will be considered greats one day, but i don't think they will ever be able to be considered in the same brackets as the first 2 sets above them, but time will tell, KRS-1 is a master on the mic, but his delivery and sound, plus production has always been laciking to me. KURUPT has the chance to advance up higher if he can make quality albums, not so much about bangin, and women and the LA scene, which is getting really old to hear, he has the talent, but needs to extent his vocab to other issues.

#4 another tie...MAC MALL, E-40, TECH N9NE, these three are really good, probably better than some of the others ahead of them on the mic, but quality is always an issue with these guys, one album will be decent the rest allright, they all have one classic album, but never could rekindle the fire that made them household names. TECH N9NE has done that with his last album, so will see how far he can go.

#5 PAC...i know some of you are gonna curse me to death, but to be honest with myself i can't rate him that high, his one purely epic album that defines who he is, is the 7 DAY THEORY album. which by all means will go down as one of the top 10 albums of all time. but his other albums especially his early albums were average at best. i'm not knockin his delivery, or his emotion, which besides EM will be the best of all time, but his lyrics were never anything special, BIGGIE would have murdered PAC on the mic, and if you think otherwise, you only fooling yourself. Ilove PAC also, but i'm not to blind to think that others couldn't wipe him off the floor with a mic

example PAC vs EM

both show emotion in their lyrics
both have troubled pasts and within the media
both have sold millions of copies
both have had solid production for the most part

but

EM murders PAC on the mic, period, can't be denied...EM has sold more records...EM has had a bigger impact on the record industry that PAC did, regardless if he is white or not, he is the better rapper overall....

let me ask a serious question:

a one time battle PAC vs EM, you have your last $100 dollars to your name, and you have to bet on a winner. you win you live, you lose and you lose you money and you life...who do you bet on?????

i bet on EM, and i think we all realistically know why...

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
1. 2Pac - Although he was not the one to "blow up" rap music, he was the pioneer of the mainstream thug mentality - what I mean is that he successfully combined thug life with songs that the entire nation loved. From mainstream positive soundin' songs like How Do You Want It, to the underground gangsta cuts like Breathin'.

2. Eminem - One of the greatest lyricist's and "word rhyme manufacturor's" ever. And although race shouldn't have anything to do with it - it does. The first white rapper to ever be this successful. One of the greats no doubt, even before the Slim Shady LP came out his shit has been tight.

3. Nas - Putting it down for Brooklyn, Nas has a style that hip hop enthusiasts anywhere in the country can feel. Although im not *too* much of a fan, I understand the impact his music has had on the rap nation. His words mean so much and he puts them together in a very nice professional way.

4. NWA - The pioneers of west coast gangsta rap, hands down. Dr. Dre, being the best producer of all time, mixed with the lyrical skills of Ice Cube and Eazy E, and the charisma of Snoop... can't get much better than that. Songs like Fuck Tha Police, Aint Nuthin But A G Thang (not NWA but still dre and snoop) and basically each of these artists CD's at the time (Doggystyle, The Chronic, Death Certificate) were nothing less than revolutionary.

5. E-40 - Although STILL not totally known throughout the nation (Getting there, but it seems the mainstream can't hang with his off-beat erratic and metaphorically-enhanced flows), E-40 has been putting it down for the bay and the west coast for more than a decade now. He does not have a CD that isn't worth listening to - that's unbelievable for rappers these days. He helped blow up Vallejo (one of the rap capitals and hubs in my opinion...) and surrounding cities, making himself and his crew known throughout the bay. His unique style definitely gets him a place on the list.

Well those are my opinions, feel free to flame.

Oct 21, 2002
my new list

1.x-raided with out a doubt
2.2pac he woulda been first but cmon x got the best lyrics in the west i think x is a better rapper i mean thas all he has time for is rap and rap more yall gotta feel me on this one.
3.biggie
4.cannibus he will kill eminem in a battle but yall aint gonna have the same oppinion
5.nas that nigga got lyrical skills

Aug 7, 2002
^^i know dem nyggaz talkin bout da new pac materials is weak LOL dats dey opinion though i thought da makaveli bootlegz tight as fuck but da ones dat aint are betta

May 21, 2002
SAM SAVAGE said:
Lynch_Hung said:
Are you talkin about lericly, or sales, I should be in there Lericly, but maybe I'm wrong [/QUOTE

maybe you should learn how to spell lyrically before you decide to
consider yourself in the top 5......lyrically.....top 20 your in there!!
maybe lynch by inch will change my mind though...i hope

:confused:

SHOW SUM FUCCIN RESPECT.

2-Pac wasnt a great rapper lyrically, Although he had a certain charisma and attitude that a lot of great lyricists lack.

Jun 4, 2002
why should i show respect? what makes lynch any different than any one
else on this board.....i was being nice......how is he ever gonna learn how
to spell if some one don't teach him

Nov 24, 2002
www.mr-dr.com
1. 2pac
2. Dr. Dre
3. BIG
4 Snoop
5. Eminen (not a fan)

I do not think it is very fair to try to compare Eminem with Tupac at this time. Eminem is at a peak right now and can see why some individuals would actually say he is better then him. Greatest rapper ever? Way too early to tell. Ive heard all of both artist albums and would agree that eminem has an edge lyrically. However, he does not posses the heart and feeling tupac put into every one of his songs and his natural flow of verses. Yes Eminem is on top right now but has yet earned the right to be the greates of all time.