40's Soundscans

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 30, 2005
Bullshit. Some faulty rumor started on this board a few days ago that he had somehow sold 30000 albums in NY. According to the OFFICIAL NUMBERS, he barely sold 600-something in NYC, and about 27 000 in the bay area, which means he sold 45 times more in the bay then in NY. Think about it, it wouldn't even make sense to think he would sell more in NY than in the bay. Why, cause "the bay don't support"? NYC bootlegs as much as anywhere. Stop thinking bootlegging and downloading shit for free is somehow limited to the bay. This shit goes on everywhere.

May 15, 2004
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Meandme said:
Bullshit. Some faulty rumor started on this board a few days ago that he had somehow sold 30000 albums in NY. According to the OFFICIAL NUMBERS, he barely sold 600-something in NYC, and about 27 000 in the bay area, which means he sold 45 times more in the bay then in NY. Think about it, it wouldn't even make sense to think he would sell more in NY than in the bay. Why, cause "the bay don't support"? NYC bootlegs as much as anywhere. Stop thinking bootlegging and downloading shit for free is somehow limited to the bay. This shit goes on everywhere.
Well this faulty rumor was mentioned by someone VERY CLOSE to 40 tonight as well as C-Murder being released from custody and I doubt that he would lie about either situation but he could have been wrong his name isn't Jesus....But unless you have the numbers of both regions on black & white I'm gonna go with this individuals statement....I honestly found it hard to believe myself to be real but stranger things have happened....I honestly hope this is wrong for the bay area's sake but for 40's sake I hope it's right....I LOVE THE BAY WITH ALL MY HEART REGARDLESS...But it's time for us to get behind our artists and make a difference instead of bitching, moaning, & complaining straight up.....I'm an artist and I support other artists whenever something drops or I see someone in the streets slangin their product....So lets step our game up as a whole yall...Real chat

Sep 30, 2005
NASTY N-A-T-E said:
Well this faulty rumor was mentioned by someone VERY CLOSE to 40 tonight as well as C-Murder being released from custody and I doubt that he would lie about either situation but he could have been wrong his name isn't Jesus....But unless you have the numbers of both regions on black & white I'm gonna go with this individuals statement....I honestly found it hard to believe myself to be real but stranger things have happened....I honestly hope this is wrong for the bay area's sake but for 40's sake I hope it's right....I LOVE THE BAY WITH ALL MY HEART REGARDLESS...But it's time for us to get behind our artists and make a difference instead of bitching, moaning, & complaining straight up.....I'm an artist and I support other artists whenever something drops or I see someone in the streets slangin their product....So lets step our game up as a whole yall...Real chat
Look at the other thread about 40's soundscan though, the one townbusinessinc started. The number 600 something for NYC is mentioned many times by industry folks who have access to them, including B-12.
I think the rumor was just started as an excuse to cry about people in the bay "not supporting their artists" and bootlegging everything. The thing people need to realize is, people bootleg and download everywhere. In NYC, in the South, in other countries... everybody does it these days. And even though I still buy cds, I'm a little tired of people complaining about bay fans not supporting and everything... at the end of the day, you won't accomplish anything doing that, the quality of albums dropped as the prices went up and the bay ain't big enough to make its rappers millionaires by itself.

Aug 3, 2005
www.myspace.com
TReal spit, mayne I just had female friend out here a week prior to the MGRC release and she said the NY wasnt even speakin the hyphy movement like that. She said it [Tell me When To Go] was liteweight even on the radio.

When the numbers posted we'll know. We all know we burnin shit feelme and tha bay just need to stand up and do they part. We still gotta help out Balance and who just came out and The Team and Bailey is out in April. Do it movin family

Sep 2, 2005
How many of you have copped 40's new album?
Unless you paid for a copy, shhhhhhhhhh.....
40's new album is banging and deserves the support of the whole Bay.
JC

Sep 2, 2005
How many of you have copped 40's new album?
Unless you paid for a copy, shhhhhhhhhh.....
40's new album is banging and deserves the support of the whole Bay.
JC

May 23, 2005
NASTY N-A-T-E said:
REAL BULLSHIT..SCUDDLEBUTT..RUMORS...

What is gossip

Gossip accuses people. It charges others with wrong. People love to talk about the alleged actions of others. Does the following sound familiar?
"Did you hear what he did?"
"No ---- tell me!"
"Well, just between you and me, he..." and on and on it goes.

Listen to what God says about gossiping accusers: "An ungodly man digs up evil, and it is on his lips like a burning fire (Bible verse Proverbs 16:27). What happens to the victim of accusations? These accusers ---- this lynch mob of tongues ---- charge him, convict him and condemn him to death! Accusation is deadly gossip.

Gossip slanders neighbor. It destroys a person's character or personal reputation. But beware! He who lives by the sword of slander shall die by the sword of slander. Almighty God says, "Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor, him I will destroy" (Bible verse Psalm 101:5).

Gossip talks indiscreetly. People who say just anything that comes into their minds spread gossip. They do not engage their minds before they engage their tongues. They do not evaluate what they are about to say or its effect on others. "A serpent may bite when it is not charmed; the babbler is no different" (Bible verse Ecclesiastes 10:11).

In short, gossip is any communication that hurts people. "The words of a talebearer [a gossiper!] are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly" (Bible verse Proverbs 18:8), King James Version.)

May 15, 2004
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Raider Rick said:
REAL BULLSHIT..SCUDDLEBUTT..RUMORS...

What is gossip

Gossip accuses people. It charges others with wrong. People love to talk about the alleged actions of others. Does the following sound familiar?
"Did you hear what he did?"
"No ---- tell me!"
"Well, just between you and me, he..." and on and on it goes.

Listen to what God says about gossiping accusers: "An ungodly man digs up evil, and it is on his lips like a burning fire (Bible verse Proverbs 16:27). What happens to the victim of accusations? These accusers ---- this lynch mob of tongues ---- charge him, convict him and condemn him to death! Accusation is deadly gossip.

Gossip slanders neighbor. It destroys a person's character or personal reputation. But beware! He who lives by the sword of slander shall die by the sword of slander. Almighty God says, "Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor, him I will destroy" (Bible verse Psalm 101:5).

Gossip talks indiscreetly. People who say just anything that comes into their minds spread gossip. They do not engage their minds before they engage their tongues. They do not evaluate what they are about to say or its effect on others. "A serpent may bite when it is not charmed; the babbler is no different" (Bible verse Ecclesiastes 10:11).

In short, gossip is any communication that hurts people. "The words of a talebearer [a gossiper!] are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly" (Bible verse Proverbs 18:8), King James Version.)
I was obviously misinformed yall...I APOLOGIZE...But how did this thread turn into a bible study...I'm not clowning the lord or religion by any means but c'mon fam you took it WAAAAAAY too far....I respect ya knowledge of the good word though....One love for your opinion but do ya homework your dealin wit a factor in this game I am far from a lil rap fan....It's one thing to let me know I was wrong but it's another to try to make me look stupid....

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
NASTY N-A-T-E said:
I was obviously misinformed yall...I APOLOGIZE...But how did this thread turn into a bible study...I'm not clowning the lord or religion by any means but c'mon fam you took it WAAAAAAY too far....I respect ya knowledge of the good word though....One love for your opinion but do ya homework your dealin wit a factor in this game I am far from a lil rap fan....It's one thing to let me know I was wrong but it's another to try to make me look stupid....
Don't worry, dick riders will break out any stop they cant, dont sweat it nate.

Feb 1, 2006
Im not believing anything but if that IS true than that is sad as fuck. I bought the album and hella people asked me to burn it for them I said FUCK YOU go buy your own.