40,000 POSSIBLY infected in LV with HIV

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2005
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nearly 40,000 people learned this week that a trip to the doctor may have made them sick.

In a type of scandal more often associated with Third World countries, a Las Vegas clinic was found to be reusing syringes and vials of medication for nearly four years. The shoddy practices may have led to an outbreak of the potentially fatal hepatitis C virus and exposed patients to HIV, too.

The discovery led to the biggest public health notification operation in U.S. history, brought demands for investigations and caused scores of lawyers to seek out patients at risk for infections.

Thousands of patients are being urged to be tested for the viruses. Six acute cases of hepatitis C have been confirmed. The surgical center and five affiliated clinics have been closed.

Feb 12, 2008
damn fuck going to hospital for real oh wait this was a clinic. im scared to even get a shot because i don't trust no one to actually do their job correctly.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah...nice way of sensationalizing the story. LOL

"May have"..."might"..."as many as"...

They asked 40,000 people to get tested. That is all.

And boo that clinic.
lol For real. I thought dude ment 40,000 confirmed. That is still some really fucked up shit that clinic did though. They should all be charged with assault or attempted murder for knowingly using used needles, etc on people.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
What makes it even funnier is the fact that the 6 diagnosed with something didn't even get HIV...

In a good way though... I don't wish that shit on anyone.