2012 fantasy football roster discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
in leagues that use team defense, is it common for people to carry two defenses?

I'm also HURTIN for a RB, not a single waive wire pickup worth dropping one of my players for, so I rolled without a second RB and lost my week by 8 points.

It also doesn't help that I didn't play Antonio Gates, who finally did something.
I have two defenses...JETS AND GIANTS...I want to drop one but they both caught fire as of late so im probably gonna ride them out...If someone becomes worthy on the Waiver wire (which is slim pickings right now, your right) I have Titus Young who will get dropped before those two defenses at the moment...Fantasy guides had Young high this year so i grabbed him in like the 9th round but he has not done shit besides that lucky hail mary catch and i didnt start him that week.......Hes only been in once for me anyways and im gonna have to start him this week because of byes...

I know what you mean about gates..I also have him on my roster and didnt start him monday night either...He has started every other week for me prior to that 2...I still won the matchup but still...If i hadnt i would have been pissed...

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
this guy in my league is trying to trade Brees and Percy Harvin... the 2nd top scoring QB and the top scoring WR... crazy

I'm on that shit

this is my team right now:

QB - Cam Newton, Andy Dalton
WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Demaryius Thomas, Greg Jennings
RB - Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Stevan Ridley, Reggie Bush, Felix Jones
TE - Aaron Hernandez, Kyle Rudolph
K - Greg Zuerlein
D - JJ Watt, Lance Briggs, William Moore, Mike Adams

Thinking about offering Cam and a RB, I'm assuming he wants a RB... would you offer Ray Rice and Cam for Brees and Harvin? I'm gonna try Cam and Forte, but he might not do it..

I do have more WRs than RBs right now though... so I dunno...

what do you guys think?
Forte has so much potential though...hes a major part of thier offense...Of course im bias because i have him..But Forte is not tradeable to me right now..

Props: Meta4iCAL
Sep 24, 2006
in my one league i have
qb: Cam newton, Joe Flacco
RB: Adrian Peterson, Michael Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Mikel Leshoure, Rashard Mendehall
WR: Andre Johnson, Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, Malcolm Floyd, Donnie Avery
Te: Martellus Bennet, Rob Gronkowski
K Mike Nugent
Def: Baltimore

Dude wants to trade me Brandon Lloyd, RGIII, and Steven Jackson. He wants Marshawn Lynch, Jordy Nelson, and Joe Flacco. What you all think about the offer?

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
in my one league i have
qb: Cam newton, Joe Flacco
RB: Adrian Peterson, Michael Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Mikel Leshoure, Rashard Mendehall
WR: Andre Johnson, Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, Malcolm Floyd, Donnie Avery
Te: Martellus Bennet, Rob Gronkowski
K Mike Nugent
Def: Baltimore

Dude wants to trade me Brandon Lloyd, RGIII, and Steven Jackson. He wants Marshawn Lynch, Jordy Nelson, and Joe Flacco. What you all think about the offer?
I don't think I would do it. Lloyd is pretty average and Steven Jackson has been garbage this year. I don't think losing Lynch and Nelson are worth it to get RG3.

Props: nrodgers

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
this guy in my league is trying to trade Brees and Percy Harvin... the 2nd top scoring QB and the top scoring WR... crazy

I'm on that shit

this is my team right now:

QB - Cam Newton, Andy Dalton
WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Demaryius Thomas, Greg Jennings
RB - Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Stevan Ridley, Reggie Bush, Felix Jones
TE - Aaron Hernandez, Kyle Rudolph
K - Greg Zuerlein
D - JJ Watt, Lance Briggs, William Moore, Mike Adams

Thinking about offering Cam and a RB, I'm assuming he wants a RB... would you offer Ray Rice and Cam for Brees and Harvin? I'm gonna try Cam and Forte, but he might not do it..

I do have more WRs than RBs right now though... so I dunno...

what do you guys think?
so I offered Cam Newton, Stevan Ridley, and Steve Smith for Drew Brees and Percy Harvin. I have a feeling he's not gonna want Steve Smith. if that's the case I'll probably willing to give him Demaryius Thomas instead.

you guys think that's a good trade?

Jun 23, 2002
^yea i think that's way better deal. your original proposal wasn't too bad IMO.

some dude sent me this trade: mcfadden/willie powell for julio jones/kevin smith (lol). although i picked up powell off waivers haha.

i really need a wr and matt ryan is my qb but i dunno, jones has been hit or miss. plus my other backs are trent richardson (boss) and demarco murray, who got fucking got hurt at the worst time. my other backs are alex green and donald brown lol

what ya'll think.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
^yea i think that's way better deal. your original proposal wasn't too bad IMO.

some dude sent me this trade: mcfadden/willie powell for julio jones/kevin smith (lol). although i picked up powell off waivers haha.

i really need a wr and matt ryan is my qb but i dunno, jones has been hit or miss. plus my other backs are trent richardson (boss) and demarco murray, who got fucking got hurt at the worst time. my other backs are alex green and donald brown lol

what ya'll think.
yeah I cancelled my proposal and switched it to Torrey Smith. 2 other guys in my league offered him trades as well. he rejected Hakeem Nicks and Ryan Matthews for Percy Harvin already. we'll see what happens

as far as your trade, I dunno... I'd ask for someone other than Kevin Smith. dude is a complete non-factor right now... he gets no playing time. depending on how bad you need WRs I might do it, but tell him you want someone better than Smith

Last edited:

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Thats not a good trade for you IMO...I have Brandon Lloyd and i dont know what your scoring system is like but he's maybe avereging 7-9 points right now for me...His stat line usually looks like 6 rec 80 yards no td's...In my league thats 8 points...Decent..but not good enough to compensate for Nelson or lynch Lynch..Jackson could but hasnt really got it going yet...Dont do it...

RG3 is the only positive in that deal for you.

Props: nrodgers
Sep 24, 2006
thanks for the advice on that trade i turned it down now i got a question about my other league.

We can start 2 rb's 2 wr's and a flex. I got
matt forte @det
Felix jones @car
Alex Green @stl
jonathan dwyer who is starting @ cin
Jordy Nelson @stl
Andre Johnson @bal
Mike Wallace C @CiN
Darrius Heyward-Bey @jac
Steve Johnson @ten

who would u start. Right now I have Forte, and Jones as rb's and Jordy Nelson, Andre Johnson as wr's and Mike Wallace as my flex. the last 3 weeks johnson hasnt even cracked double digits and Steve johnson is projected to get 14 against the titans.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Banged up Richardson at IND
Or
Felix Jones at CAR?

I'm just worried bout Richardson's ribs. He could get hurt first carry and bang them up and sit rest of the game. He's wearing a flak jacket over them so thats positive. I'm 90% sure I'm going to start T. Rich, just wanted to see what the brehs trhought.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Banged up Richardson at IND
Or
Felix Jones at CAR?

I'm just worried bout Richardson's ribs. He could get hurt first carry and bang them up and sit rest of the game. He's wearing a flak jacket over them so thats positive. I'm 90% sure I'm going to start T. Rich, just wanted to see what the brehs trhought.
I think you gotta go with T. Rich as long as he plays, which it looks like he will

Jun 23, 2002
yea i got the same issue soco. if he gets hurt in game its gonna suck big time. gotta roll the dice with him tho, high risk high reward hopefully