2002 Angels World Series Champions *

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Source: Glaus received steroids
Pipeline pharmacy provided drugs to All-Star 3B

By Luis Fernando Llosa and L. Jon Wertheim, SI.com

Former World Series MVP and four-time All Star Troy Glaus, currently a third baseman for the Toronto Blue Jays, received multiple shipments of performance-enhancing steroids, according to information obtained by SI.

A source in Florida with knowledge of a Signature Pharmacy client list alleges that between September 2003 and May 2004, multiple shipments of nandrolone and testosterone were sent to Glaus at a Corona, Calif., address that traces to the player. Though the information only pertains to receipt and not actual use of steroids, both nandrolone and testosterone were on Major League Baseball's banned list at the time.

Glaus, then with the Angels, missed much of the 2003 season with a tear in his right rotator cuff and frayed labrum and underwent season-ending shoulder surgery after attempting a comeback in 2004.

The prescriptions, written in Glaus' name, were obtained through New Hope Health Center, a California-based anti-aging clinic that advertises the sale of anabolic steroids and human growth hormones on its Web site. The prescription was sent through Signature, the Orlando-based compound pharmacy. The prescribing physician was Ramon Scruggs, M.D. According to the Medical Board of California, Scruggs is currently on probation and is prohibited from prescribing drugs over the internet. He also was reportedly involved in a lawsuit with Mobile-based Applied Pharmacy, which, ironically, was the subject of a previous multi-agency raid. (Contacted through New Hope and given the chance to comment on Friday, Scruggs responded with expletives and ended the conversation abruptly.)

Glaus hit 47 home runs in 2000, his breakout season, for the Angels. He was named World Series MVP in 2002. Despite missing significant portions of several seasons, he has hit 277 home runs in his career, an average of better than one every 16 at-bats. Messages seeking comment left for Glaus through both the Blue Jays and his agent were not returned.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i cant believe people honestly give a fuck about steroids. OH MY GOD IM SHOCKED! ATHLETES USED SOMETHING TO GIVE THEM AN EDGE OVER THE COMPETITION. SAY IT AINT SO! BOO FUCKIN HOO!

they all did it so fuckin what? baseball sucks nowadays anyways

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i defend bonds too. i dont give a fuck what these guys did and the more that come out having done steroids, then the less its gonna matter over time. the cute little asterisks will be meaningless when theyre next to every player to step on a plate or a mound in the last 15 years.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
If bonds gets an asterisk (he never will), then all these other players get one too. I just laugh at all these guys that swear steriods automatically make you Barry Bonds.

I just brought this thread up because Im still bitter about 2002 when we hand the Angels a World Series Championship. I think its funny that Troy was there MVP too..........

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i feel ya, the roid police get on my nerves. all those "ruth did it with beer and hot dogs" dumbasses fail to mention he did it without negroes too. wheres the babes asterisk?

Apr 25, 2002
Wasn't Scott Spiezio using em too?

They don't need to give em asterisks, when it's all said and done this is gonna be known as the steroid era anyway and all the records are gonna be under some kind of scrutiny.

Mar 12, 2005
Dusty Baker handed the World series to the Angels knowing that THE ANGELS WERE A GOOD FASTBALL HITTING TEAM, he put F-Raud Felix Rodrigues who 99.9% of the time threw a 98 MPH heater then occasionally .05% of the time threw a slider and the other .05 percent threw a straight change.

Feb 12, 2004
Hahahaha I love the double standard. It's ok if the Angels players used roids, but if Bonds uses roids it's the end of the world!! Nothing he accomplished in his career matters anymore!! Blah blah blah!! hahahaha homerun king bitches!!

Apr 5, 2005
SHIT I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF ALL OF THE ELITE ATHLETES TOOK STEROIDS AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIFE. ITS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT SOMEONE WAS ON 'ROIDS IF HE HAD A COUPLE BREAK OUT YEARS AND THEN DECLINED FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER.

Sep 25, 2005
BROWN GUERRERO said:
Hahahaha I love the double standard. It's ok if the Angels players used roids, but if Bonds uses roids it's the end of the world!! Nothing he accomplished in his career matters anymore!! Blah blah blah!! hahahaha homerun king bitches!!
what double standard? all i said was that they both were steroid users. fuckin cheaters, period

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
fuck no...glaus was a hog.....he was a top prospect around that time b4 he got hurt.....if he used roids..it was in 2003 after the 2002 season when we beat ur precious shitty giants!....plus glaus didnt beat u guys,...speizio is the one who homered in game 6 to give us a lift and we just out played you guys wit our small ball!.....point is no angel was on roids back then and we beat the giants fair and square...ya'll just bitter still and always will be about that!!!....cuz u guys had the whole series and season in ur hands and let it slip away!..just like in 89 or wutever..first u guys blame the "big quake" back in the day for losing then now u guys are gonna blame ur losing again on sumthing u heard bout glaus 5 years later?....lol...gmafb!

Jun 15, 2005
Bonds accomplishments are no more tainted than anyone else's who used performance enhancing drugs.

However, I'm not stupid enough to believe that roids don't help you in some form or fashion. Some folks on here make it seem that since roids can't make you into Barry, then they aren't that serious an issue.

You really believe that? If so, then give some to your youngin when he plays high school ball. Fuck it - feed the little fucker some steroids when he plays little league/pop warner.

Sep 25, 2005
P.E. said:
fuck no...glaus was a hog.....he was a top prospect around that time b4 he got hurt.....if he used roids..it was in 2003 after the 2002 season when we beat ur precious shitty giants!....plus glaus didnt beat u guys,...speizio is the one who homered in game 6 to give us a lift and we just out played you guys wit our small ball!.....point is no angel was on roids back then and we beat the giants fair and square...
i dont think your giving gluas enough credit, trying to remember, but i am pretty sure glaus lit it up with the HRs during the playoffs that year

Jan 28, 2005
The way I see it... if you're going to take steroids to excel in any physical activity, you're performing outside of your own abilities. So why would you feel good even if you won a world series or broke a home run record? Cuz your punk ass KNOWS youd've never gotten that far without the drugs.

Shit, thats how I feel about my first semester of college. If it wasn't for all the drugs, I wouldn't have been able to pull out of my slump toward the end with all the crazy extra credit and beautiful test scores.