1700-1800 to spend on HDTV

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
best brands, sony, samsung, lg, sharp.. pretty good cheaper brands.. toshiba, mitsubishi.

i got a 42" Toshiba for 1200 out the door.

get a 1080p capable television for the future, right now all regular channels broadcast in 480, some in higher def like 720. Onlything Full HD is bluray movies. LCD for sports Plasma for movies.. thats the way i see it

Also LCD is lighter than plasma, Plasma is cheaper than LCD though.

Id recommend a SONY BRAvIA 50" for that price check out some tvs on Bestbuy.com and then go to the store, chances are theyre a couple hundred cheaper at the store.

Oct 11, 2005
I would personally go with one of these:

Samsung 46'' 650 series with the 120hz screen refresh rate:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8753645&type=product&id=1202649765246

or

Samsung 50'' 510 series:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8802833&type=product&id=1206141605017

pro's and cons:

with the 46'' your getting samsungs almost top of the line tv that comes with a 120hz processor which is better for motion (i.e. sports, and games) and an all around better picture.With the 50'' your getting samsungs middle grade tv, with only a 60hz processor but nonetheless a very nice tv, and your getting a way bigger screen. Just my 2 cents it's the better picture vs. the bigger screen.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
plasma's have a more vivid picture, LCD's last longer and have better duribility

for 1800 my suggestion would be a 46 to 52 inch LCD 1080p, go with Sony, Samsung, LG, Sharp and trusted brands like that

May 4, 2002
givin dude suggestions and not figuring in tax and a warranty lol. remember for HDTV u are gonna have to get a HD cable box and a HDMI cable also. order the HDMI cable online fuck payin 50-100 bucks for a cable at bestbuy.

Jan 5, 2006
cables are cheap.. buy them at www.monoprice.com

monster cables are the same shit, youre just paying for the fancy package it comes in. if you want cheap wall mounts, get at me i know a spot.. by cheap i mean price not quality. Warranty most tv's come with a 1 year warranty but you have to deal straight with the manufacturer. Square Trade has better warranties and they send a technician to your house to fix the tv. http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/

Jan 5, 2006
Well your homie needs to do his research, theres alot of people who sell tv's out there who dont know shit.. like when you hook up your coaxial cable tv, i asked if they had quad shielded cable.. they looked at me like huh? i explained to them that regular cable is weak especially when you are running it next to power you get alot of interference, therefore quad shield eliminates all that.

The TV with the best picture came out to be a Panasonic actually, after doing 6 months of research

In this exact order, Panasonic, Sony/Samsung, Sharp, LG, Toshiba, Mitsubishi to me atleast.

Oct 11, 2005
Well your homie needs to do his research, theres alot of people who sell tv's out there who dont know shit.. like when you hook up your coaxial cable tv, i asked if they had quad shielded cable.. they looked at me like huh? i explained to them that regular cable is weak especially when you are running it next to power you get alot of interference, therefore quad shield eliminates all that.

The TV with the best picture came out to be a Panasonic actually, after doing 6 months of research

In this exact order, Panasonic, Sony/Samsung, Sharp, LG, Toshiba, Mitsubishi to me atleast.
How you gon leave out the pioneer elite homie, hands down one of the best tv's on the market. as far as sony goes there XBR series is pretty good, but as always wit sony your payin a little extra for the name

Jan 5, 2006
i see alot of broken pioneers thats why i left it out. Plus i havent seen them in person, i was speaking for the ones i have seen, compared and price.

Im about to get the warranty for my tv, 5 years $111 In-Home repair.

Oct 10, 2005
givin dude suggestions and not figuring in tax and a warranty lol. remember for HDTV u are gonna have to get a HD cable box and a HDMI cable also. order the HDMI cable online fuck payin 50-100 bucks for a cable at bestbuy.
Good shit yall yea i know all this is gonna cost to so im trynna keep it around 2 gs after everything, plus im probably getting a xbox too. ill look into the sonys right now i do know i want 1080p

@discuss
heres a samsung plasma like the one you posted but a lil cheaper and theres a panasonic around the same price you think these are good (which is better ):

samsung
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05775028000P?vName=Computers+%26+Electronics

panasonic
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05775558000P

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005

Actually he does mostly wholesale already for about 6 years, but they also sell to special customers who order whole systems US $ 10.000 and up. He started out repairing all that shit for several years, so he knows what he's talkin about. Well, and he has a big ass Panasonic and the newest BenQ Projector.

All I'm saying is, that he told me not to buy a Sony a couple years back. So I wonder if they stepped it up in the meantime...