1700-1800 to spend on HDTV

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
this is supposedly the best plasma..

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-viera-th-42pz700u/4505-6482_7-32466828.html

honestly tho any samsung is good, go check them out in person.. problem with LCDs is at a certain angle they look funky.. but plasmas are brighter and look good at any angle. Just that theyre heavier but theyre cheaper.
^^^^^

i copped a 2008 panasonic 42" plasma for 800 1300 wit warranty @ sears got a good deal caught on a sale and a hookup for a sears card.... did a channel scan and got a grip of digi channels fo freezy

May 9, 2002
Plasma ar wack. Yes, the picture is great, but LCD is catching up REAL fast, and so are the prices. One thin people do not realiae, is that if you lay a plasma down, it is ruined, period. Not to mention, fixing plasmas are more expensive than LCD's.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i heard if the TV is under a certain size your not gonna be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1040

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Plasma ar wack. Yes, the picture is great, but LCD is catching up REAL fast, and so are the prices. One thin people do not realiae, is that if you lay a plasma down, it is ruined, period. Not to mention, fixing plasmas are more expensive than LCD's.
that is all true....except the wack part... i got a warranty were the service it once a year and replace it even if i throw a baseball thru the bitch....plus wit 2 kids something is bound to happen...

May 9, 2002
Plasma has the better picture, there is no doubt about that. I prefer LCD becuase of the various sizes, what i use if for, and the low power consumption (about 1/3rd less than Plasmas).

Not to mention that plasmas use a glossy surface for their screens, which cause glare. Great for DARK rooms, not so great for bright roooms. Also, the viewing angle is much better, but how many people are going to watch a TV 170 degrees above or from the side? You couldnt see the damn TV anyhow.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Well your homie needs to do his research, theres alot of people who sell tv's out there who dont know shit.. like when you hook up your coaxial cable tv, i asked if they had quad shielded cable.. they looked at me like huh? i explained to them that regular cable is weak especially when you are running it next to power you get alot of interference, therefore quad shield eliminates all that.
HDMI is 100% digital so you wont get any degradation in picture due to interference. You get a fuzzy picture with analog whn you place the cable next to a power cord. Worse case scenario with a HDMI cable is getting digitizing due to interference but what dude said about Monster cables being overpriced is true...

Jul 3, 2008
i jus copped a 32 inch samsung its hooked up to a regular antena, but the hd channels come in, what do u mean i need to buy cables?

and i tried to hook up my 360 to it but there wasnt any sound...n eys i did hook up the green red n blue wires not the red yellow n white ones

Jul 3, 2008
i did that...u think i might have just plugged the red blue n green ones into the rong row of buttons?

and if i play my dvds on my 360 r they gon b in high def?

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
i did that...u think i might have just plugged the red blue n green ones into the rong row of buttons?

and if i play my dvds on my 360 r they gon b in high def?
Just make sure that your red and white cables are hooked up to the audio for the input that you are putting the other cables on and you will be fine. If the picture comes in fine than the RGB cables are fine and you don't need to mess with them.

Jan 5, 2006
HDMI is 100% digital so you wont get any degradation in picture due to interference. You get a fuzzy picture with analog whn you place the cable next to a power cord. Worse case scenario with a HDMI cable is getting digitizing due to interference but what dude said about Monster cables being overpriced is true...
i know this, i was talking about the RG6 cable.. you know the coax cable that goes behind the tv to your cable box?