what happened to san diego CHICANO RAP??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2004
www.ThisIsTheWestCoast.com
shit I remember when san diego was considered the capital of chicano rap u had lil rob, shadow, lil uno, knightowl, low pro runnning shit selling alot of records neither of them have drop any legit new shit in a couple years wtf?

Apr 26, 2006
ITS DEAD, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR CHOLOS RAP ANY MORE.

I think it's just a matter of there being no more good Chicano artists. All those dudes are just OLD now, their out of their prime. I mean LA has Conejo and he gets down IMO. Would you consider, guys like Guzzle & Omar Cruz "cholo" rappers. Technically they are, but look wise, they really ain't. So do you embrace those two because they don't neccessarily dress like cholos or rap like cholos?

The only thing that seems dead is G-Funk and that's what most Chicano rappers prefer.

They either have to sell out to this new commercial southern-influenced sound, or throw on a orange halloween hoodie like the one you have. lol, j/k, but it's the truth when speaking upon today's urban fashion.

Apr 26, 2006
WHAT HAPPEN TO LIL ROB....I AINT GONNA LIE I KINDA LIKED THAT SONG HE HAD SUMMER NIGHTS AND ANOTHER THAT WENT LIKE "ON THE STREETS OF CALIFORNIA" IN THE ROGER TROUTMAN VOICE.
AND NOBODY CANT LIE AND SAY HE DIDNT RIP THAT VERSE ON "MY LOWRIDER" TRACK BY GAME UP
This one your talking about:

Gotta admit, this song is dope.

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT PROBABLY HAPPENED IS THE WHOLE HYPHY SCENE TOOK OVER IN SAN DIEGO, AND THEM YOUNGSTERS GOBBLED THAT SHIT UP LIKE CHICKEN FEED... ITS A SIGN OF THE TIMES, I GUESS... YOUNG SICC AND LIL AL COME SICK REGARDLESS... WUSSUP TO THE HOMIES FROM SHELL TOWN GAMMA BOYS!!!