Why is Tech rushing K.O.D?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
besides y would it matter does anyone think it would be better if he took more time on an album, and dont you like a new tech n9ne album every 3-6 months who would complain!
i only complain when the quality begins to suffer, sure everready took 5 years, but at that point i was still happy with anghellic and absolute power and the features all of which was quality and all gradually getting better, now i can see his work suffer. i went from every tech track or verse was solid to thinking he's not putting as much thought or effort into it. killer for me was a lot of filler material and not what tech described, sickology far from sick, it was a decent album no doubt but still the guest spots made it worse with every rapper basically sucking techs dick to get signed. i think tech at this point is stuck in limbo. all he does is tour to promote the new album and he has a new album tour at least every 6 months so he is rushing. he isnt taking breaks to get new ideas, really his subject matter on every track is summed up by alcohol and fucking not much more. i hate to sound like an asshole but also tech music lately has seemed to be dumbed down for everyone the industry he is now sounding like he wants to fit in more with mainstream more than what made him who is to begin. i liked the tech n9ne that was and dared to be himself and strange as they get.

Oct 6, 2008
It seems to me like Tech is rushing the production of K.O.D. and I'm not sure why. This is his quote from Twitter: "I missed two due dates maybe even 3! I'm sorry I got you guys in an uproar tryin to get my album out oct.27! I didn't think a dark album would consume me to where it would bleed over to u guys! My deepest apology to trav I know you goin thru it waitin on me my bad bro! The shit is DOPE though! We pullin off peace!"

Tech just released Killer last summer, and then Sickology a few months ago. I just don't understand why he would set a date of October 27th for the release of the album, way back when he did a few months back. Now, he's rushing to get it done in time. Why wouldn't Tech take his time on this album and make sure it's flawless, instead of scrambling to get it out by a predetermined date? I think the reason that "Everready" stand out as Tech's best album is because of all the time and thought that was put into it.

I know that Killer was recorded over a very short period of time, and to me...it showed. The entire "Sextion" and the song "The Waitress" were terrible. There was some definite weak parts of the album, even though the godd parts of the album were absolutely great. Just hoping K.O.D comes out as great as it potentially could be. Does anybody else feel what I'm saying?
I agree, because these pre-determined deadlines are inadvertantly destroying some potentially monumental collaborations.

Even with "Everready" Twista didn't make it.

For "Killer" Lynch was replaced by Liquid Assassin

and now "KOD" Corey Taylor is cut because a deadline?

Come the fuck on! Make the records and release it.

Give us "VT2" or fuckin' anything... a "Lost and Found" collection.

These deadlines are molding less than spectacular releases, from the production to the lack of creativity because it's a rushed product.

And for what?

Can someone at SM answer that?

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
kod will probably be the best album strange has released this year :mad:
if lynch released this year than no thats the album im really anticipating but thats some 2010 shit. im a fan of kaliko's album thus far. scoob was god awful for me. im hoping KOD will be a great album i havent been that impressed from snippets though FUN was enjoyable for me

Oct 6, 2008
Seriously, what difference does it make in regards to how long it takes? Would Tech write better music if he took a year as opposed to six months to work on an album? Impossible to compare. Regardless of the amount of time he takes, it'll still be the music he wants to write and record for the album.

Will the production get better over that period of time? Not likely, because again, Tech is going to pick the beats he likes and wants to record over. He might run into a new producer in that extra 6 months that he likes and decides to work with (that you might end up liking more than say, a David Sanders), but that could very well happen the month after he completes an album he spent a year on as opposed to those 6 months.

Are more collaborations going to happen? Maybe... maybe not. Deadlines are Deadlines. An artist shows interest in doing a verse for him and gets told "We need this in a week," it's on them if they meet that deadline or not, period. Extra time might make the deadline work for the other artist a little better, but that's still no guarantee that it would get done. Hell, look at Everready. There was a four year gap between it and Absolute Power, and yet... where's that Twista verse? Oh, right... he missed the deadline.

Everyone loves to point out that "killer sounds rushed," but I still feel a lot of that stems from the fact he stated on multiple occasions that it was recorded in a short period of time. Had he not done that, I doubt many would even think it "sounded rushed."
I posted before I read this.

Once again, Kain hit the nail on the head.

Fuck...

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
really his subject matter on every track is summed up by alcohol and fucking not much more.
Yes, because Sickology 101 was all about fucking a girl. Midwest Choppers 2 was this years liquor anthem. Nothin' went right back to some girl sucking him off. In The Air was totally about raising your drinking glass up before getting hammered. I guess you could weasle Blown Away into the Fucking criteria, as it pertained to being "fucked over," but I highly doubt that's what you were going for. That one line about the girls in Dysfunctional equates to it being about nothing but fucking, damn. Man, that liquor posioning really took Tech Far Away. I guess Tech has a Red Nose because he was eating it like Dracula too.

Yeah, eight tracks that have little to do with either of your subjects is "not much more," despite it being half the album once you toss out the two skits.

Jul 1, 2007
just wait for the album and dont assume that tech is rushing his album.. best bet he knows exactly what hes doing hes just tackling down his goals a lil faster to get it finished in time

everything isn't so black and white

Nov 7, 2006
well most rappers spend so much time on albums cause it takes a long ass time to find dope beats and then it takes so long for them to write shit but for ppl as talented as tech it doesnt happen like that at all it seems. 2pac would write about half an album a day and then put it on wax just like that. i think his work ethnic is just so much better than most we see so we think he's rushing albums but i dont think he is at all. i mean yeah sickology and killer werent as good as everready to some but everready was done and he cant go back on that. he rps about his life and whatever is going on at that time he seems to rap about for the most part. nothing on killer sounds rushed but some do sound different and ppl look at the "dark" tech n9ne and get pissed when he's rappin about a waitress and whatnot. dude has more talent then just dark and crazy shit and i bet that he has more good shit to rap about especially now with him poppin the way he has.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
At lot goes into making an album, and I believe Tech's statements of "I did it in a month" have pertained mostly to the recording of it. Doesn't mean he didn't select several beats for it five months before stepping foot into the recording booth. That he hadn't been writing some of it for three months before recording begins. Doesn't mean they didn't wait around a month after he was finished for any guest features to be sent back either. It also doesn't mean that all of the recording was done in a month. He was talking about laying down several hooks for Sickology back in November of 2008 or so, and the album wasn't released until April. That's five months before release...

When did the We Got This '09 sampler come out... with parts of K.O.D. tracks? Oh my... K.O.D. must've been done for a long time now, since he's doing albums in a month.

Apr 8, 2009
Heres's my 2 cents... 1. Anghellic was his best shit!. 2. Absolute power sucked! 3. Everready was only kool because of the features(Lynch & E-40) 4. Killer was a tight album, I only skip over a few songs on both discs! 5.And finally I could care less if KOD is rushed! Let Lynch work on "Dinner & a Movie" and that will be SM's best album to be released to date!

Nov 6, 2005
At lot goes into making an album, and I believe Tech's statements of "I did it in a month" have pertained mostly to the recording of it. Doesn't mean he didn't select several beats for it five months before stepping foot into the recording booth. That he hadn't been writing some of it for three months before recording begins. Doesn't mean they didn't wait around a month after he was finished for any guest features to be sent back either. It also doesn't mean that all of the recording was done in a month. He was talking about laying down several hooks for Sickology back in November of 2008 or so, and the album wasn't released until April. That's five months before release...

When did the We Got This '09 sampler come out... with parts of K.O.D. tracks? Oh my... K.O.D. must've been done for a long time now, since he's doing albums in a month.

Dude, I agree with the point your making here, but do you ALWAYS have a stick up your ass?

Jul 1, 2007
Heres's my 2 cents... 1. Anghellic was his best shit!. 2. Absolute power sucked! 3. Everready was only kool because of the features(Lynch & E-40) 4. Killer was a tight album, I only skip over a few songs on both discs! 5.And finally I could care less if KOD is rushed! Let Lynch work on "Dinner & a Movie" and that will be SM's best album to be released to date!
heres my 1 cent for your 2

1.anghellic was a great album yes
2.absolute power was just as good if not almost as good
3.everready was a classic
4.killer was long and had some tracks which werent as good as others but i agree with you it is a tight album.
5.that is all