Why is Tech rushing K.O.D?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 1, 2006
It seems to me like Tech is rushing the production of K.O.D. and I'm not sure why. This is his quote from Twitter: "I missed two due dates maybe even 3! I'm sorry I got you guys in an uproar tryin to get my album out oct.27! I didn't think a dark album would consume me to where it would bleed over to u guys! My deepest apology to trav I know you goin thru it waitin on me my bad bro! The shit is DOPE though! We pullin off peace!"

Tech just released Killer last summer, and then Sickology a few months ago. I just don't understand why he would set a date of October 27th for the release of the album, way back when he did a few months back. Now, he's rushing to get it done in time. Why wouldn't Tech take his time on this album and make sure it's flawless, instead of scrambling to get it out by a predetermined date? I think the reason that "Everready" stand out as Tech's best album is because of all the time and thought that was put into it.

I know that Killer was recorded over a very short period of time, and to me...it showed. The entire "Sextion" and the song "The Waitress" were terrible. There was some definite weak parts of the album, even though the godd parts of the album were absolutely great. Just hoping K.O.D comes out as great as it potentially could be. Does anybody else feel what I'm saying?

Feb 9, 2006
I think you got a good point. I know after Everready dropped he told us he would never let his fans wait that long for his music again. But for him to be puttin out 2 cds a year since that I dont feel is necessary. I dont complain cuz I love gettin new Tech shit all the time, but ya if its gonna cause half assed music then I prefer to wait longer...

We will see with K.O.D. Killer was a let down for sure, so if it happens again I will be pissed he rushed to get it out just to get it out instead of makin it big. Cuz right now the hype behind K.O.D is pretty big and for him to fail twice will im sure cause much loss of interest in him. Especially now when he is gaining so much exposure and print and radio. For him to come out with a weak ass album again will just increase the doubt people have in him to be a huge star...

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
I can still knock everready and enjoy it fully. even MLK. killer and sickology were weak tech albums if KOD flops which there is good chance of it doing then tech needs to step back relax and conjure up an album worth waiting 2 years for. because for me, killer and sickology doesnt even come close to what everready was. im glad that tech wants to put out music but seriously if the music suffers he should release some vault material for awhile and then drop one that blows everything out the water

Jul 16, 2008
I thought the same thing I guess he's just puttin out albums for all the years he was on hiatus (5 Years) so I guess he thinks he owes the fans BUT I ain't against what he's doin because it gives us shit to listen to when half of the shit on the shelf is wack anyway.

Sep 12, 2005
besides y would it matter does anyone think it would be better if he took more time on an album, and dont you like a new tech n9ne album every 3-6 months who would complain!

Nov 14, 2002
Even if Tech puts albums out too quickly, in the end I'm still happy to have those 3-4 good new songs to add to a playlist from each album sooner rather than later.

Nov 14, 2002
Blown Away and Far Away are the two songs I really like besides Sickology on that album.

Has someone brought up the fact that it sounds like Tech's vocals are slowed down in the beginning of Far Away? I guess it was intentional...?

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Seriously, what difference does it make in regards to how long it takes? Would Tech write better music if he took a year as opposed to six months to work on an album? Impossible to compare. Regardless of the amount of time he takes, it'll still be the music he wants to write and record for the album.

Will the production get better over that period of time? Not likely, because again, Tech is going to pick the beats he likes and wants to record over. He might run into a new producer in that extra 6 months that he likes and decides to work with (that you might end up liking more than say, a David Sanders), but that could very well happen the month after he completes an album he spent a year on as opposed to those 6 months.

Are more collaborations going to happen? Maybe... maybe not. Deadlines are Deadlines. An artist shows interest in doing a verse for him and gets told "We need this in a week," it's on them if they meet that deadline or not, period. Extra time might make the deadline work for the other artist a little better, but that's still no guarantee that it would get done. Hell, look at Everready. There was a four year gap between it and Absolute Power, and yet... where's that Twista verse? Oh, right... he missed the deadline.

Everyone loves to point out that "killer sounds rushed," but I still feel a lot of that stems from the fact he stated on multiple occasions that it was recorded in a short period of time. Had he not done that, I doubt many would even think it "sounded rushed."