Why is Tech rushing K.O.D?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2006
FLA
i feel mostly the same way as yall. hes been rushing and it shows, not so much on the collabo albums, cuz he doesnt have to do much on those. but Killer def felt really rushed, i only like 5-6 songs off the whole thing.

Feb 9, 2006
Seriously, what difference does it make in regards to how long it takes? Would Tech write better music if he took a year as opposed to six months to work on an album?
Actually yes. Im no MC by any means but just based on common knowledge, if you take your time on something, the first time you lay it down, come back to it a lil later and you may not like something about it or see something you can add to it to make it better. I know back when I did graphic designing Id make something... Then come back to it like a week later before I submitted it. Because ur not gonna see the inperfections or corrections you can make the first and only time you see it.

Same applies to music I would think, after you record it the first time, if you have time to come back to it, you can be like ohh no we should change the hook to this, or dub it or whatever. Maybe switch the verse up with a different style, remix the beat at this part ect. But if you only have time to go into the studio and lay it down one time then send it off cuz you gotta move on to the next song. You give yourself no time to come reanalyze the track and make changes to make it more effective...

PERFECT EXAMPLE: Look at the way they do Bout To Bubble live, with hyphy shit mixed in all that shit they added to it. Imagin if all that was added to albums version when it was released... Track would of recieved MUCH higher praise if thats the version that was on the album

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
PERFECT EXAMPLE: Look at the way they do Bout To Bubble live, with hyphy shit mixed in all that shit they added to it. Imagin if all that was added to albums version when it was released... Track would of recieved MUCH higher praise if thats the version that was on the album
The trouble with that is, jacking those beats for the purpose of putting that mix on an album would open the door to legal issues. And just because he records an album in a short period of time, doesn't necessarily mean he does one take and is finished with that song for good. He very well could listen to that song a week later and suddenly decided, "we need to go back in and re-do that bridge, cause it doesn't sound right."

Nov 27, 2007
anything tech puts out is greater than 90 percent of the garbage thats out there. so i say bring me K.O.D./ Who are we to tell Tech N9ne whats good for him. Its opinions like these that turned him away from the mainstream.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Im sure he could of got clearance for the beats...

Look at "This is Why Im Hot" That shit sampled like 5 different beats.
You sure about that? Perhaps you need to re-read/re-listen to a few of the interviews that discussed the song Killer, and why it didn't appear on the disc. Or, give the Strictly Strange compilation another listen, and realize how many of those songs contain samples which is likely the reason they were cut from the retail albums and "given away" on a Tour Compilation. Or remember how it's been indicated that Psycho Bitch II was done in a way to keep it from being a sample. *Shrugs*

Jan 8, 2006
and thats the reason Tech has gotta tell u all UCK FAY OOOH YAY......
and hes off in El Paso, fuckin a bitch named GUADALUPE......
and you not knowing or respectin' Nina makes it like so F.U.N.NNNNNN....

and oh yeah.....

ask Snoop Dogg.... he will TELL YOU ALL
that Tech is TOO TALL to be studying any of you GOOFBALLS!

Nov 27, 2007
If our opinions of not wanting him to rush albums cuz it creats an unfinished product* shuns Tech from mainstream, then he aint ready for mainstream
i dont think any of his albums are unfinished. They just dont turn out to what you wanted them to be. Until Anghellic II comes out people will continue to hate.

Mar 12, 2006
and thats the reason Tech has gotta tell u all UCK FAY OOOH YAY......
and hes off in El Paso, fuckin a bitch named GUADALUPE......
and you not knowing or respectin' Nina makes it like so F.U.N.NNNNNN....

and oh yeah.....

ask Snoop Dogg.... he will TELL YOU ALL
that Tech is TOO TALL to be studying any of you GOOFBALLS!
did i miss something lol