Weight Loss journal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
Since I mostly post here and it is somewhat sports related I thought I would post a log of my current battle with weight loss. After I lost my last job, I took almost half a year off, and got up to my most ever 366 lbs. I am 6'2 31 years of age. I decided to get back in the gym and watch what I eat.
I started keeping a log the first week of July. Any tips help is appreciated. My goals are to drop 3 lbs a week and get down to around 245-275 in 12 months.

July 2-8 355
July 9-15 349
july 16-22 344
july 23-29 339
aug 30-5 344 Went to LA eat shitty and did not go to the gym at all.
Aug 6-12 330 I really buckled down after I put weight back on, lots of cardio. Small portions.

I am at a total loss of 36 pounds in about 2 months.

Mar 16, 2005
Good start man good start.

Good luck with it. The only thing I could maybe offer is to make sure to EAT.

I know it sounds funny but you should have some food nearby at all times, but make sure it's good shit. Celery sticks, some carrots, even lettuce by it self or with some fat free dressing. It may seem like you will be stuffing yourself and eating like a pig but it works bro. The more stuff you eat it keeps that metobolism going and as long as it is good no or low calorie stuff like celery.

Nov 5, 2004
Good shit man. I gotta lose some myself, I got a wedding to attend in a month and i wanna looke sharp.

And don't forget to take multivitamins due to the nutrients u are missing out on from dieting.

Jun 1, 2002
TRY NOT TO EAT CARBS AFTER 4PM. FRUIT AND EGG-WHITES IN THE MORNING. CHICKEN AND SOME VEGETABLES FOR LUNCH. ALL PROTEIN FOR DINNER. DON'T EAT AT ALL PAST 9PM. NO FRIED FOODS. NO CANDY. LOW TO NO SUGAR. LOTS OF WATER.

I LOST 20 POUNDS BY DOING THIS RECENTLY..

May 2, 2002
You give advice, yet you don't know what kind of advice you are giving? Way to go....

You eat because you are basically fasting for 6-8 hours...putting your muscles in a catabolic state.

A high protein, no/low carb meal can also ENHANCE fat loss.

Jan 2, 2004
BigE916WRM said:
Since I mostly post here and it is somewhat sports related I thought I would post a log of my current battle with weight loss. After I lost my last job, I took almost half a year off, and got up to my most ever 366 lbs. I am 6'2 31 years of age. I decided to get back in the gym and watch what I eat.
I started keeping a log the first week of July. Any tips help is appreciated. My goals are to drop 3 lbs a week and get down to around 245-275 in 12 months.

July 2-8 355
July 9-15 349
july 16-22 344
july 23-29 339
aug 30-5 344 Went to LA eat shitty and did not go to the gym at all.
Aug 6-12 330 I really buckled down after I put weight back on, lots of cardio. Small portions.

I am at a total loss of 36 pounds in about 2 months.

I've recently done the same thing..

Mid January or so, I had a doctor's appointment, and I weighed in at 360 and I was like "whoa!" I knew I was a fat ass, but I didn't think I was that fat.

I was scared because I have a lot of diabeties and heart failure and shit in my family so I decided it was time to buckle down and lose the weight. I'm doing it the right way, no surgeries or none of that shit.

But, since mid-January, I've lost almost a hundred pounds. Last time I weighed in, I was at 263. I'm still a fat ass, but I feel better about it.

I just cut out junk foods pretty much. I haven't eaten fast food in ages, and I eat a lot of chicken. I eat chicken pretty much every night. Sometimes fish and sometimes turkey, but mostly chicken. I totally cut out red meats.

I've been slipping a little lately, though, because I quit going to the gym, so I'm only losing like a pound a week right now, but I started going to the gym again this week.

I was walking/jogging over two miles a day.. I started that back up. Hoping to pass that 100 pound mark soon...

Another thing that's kinda funny about this.. My cousin got that weightloss surgery, and she was bigger than me, and she got the surgery a month before me, and I've lost about ten more pounds..

But keep at it, you just have to stay away from those shitty foods.. The hardest part is when you go out with people and shit and they are at restaurants and shit like that, you have to really watch what you eat.

Good luck to you.

Apr 20, 2003
Good Luck and think positive.... Eat small portions of food 6 times a day instead of 3 big meals and a snack. Eat your fruits and vegetables and exercise at least 3 days a week!

May 15, 2002
I just lost almost 70 lbs. over a 4 month span. Im 5'7, when I started the weight loss, I was 205 lbs. At one point, I was 230 lbs. I started dieting back in March, now its August and Im 136 lbs. I got to 136 lbs. sometime back in July, I've been stabilizing my body since then so I wont put no weight back on when I go back to normal eating. But real talk tho, keep doing your thing bruh, it'll happen for you if u work hard at it. Dont give in to the temptations of wanting to eat foods you know arent good for you. And NEVER, I mean NEVER settle for a weight that u know is not your goal weight.

Jan 9, 2004
BigE916WRM said:
Aug 6-12 330 I really buckled down after I put weight back on, lots of cardio. Small portions..

330? I'm confused, how do you know how much you weigh on 8/12 if you post up on the 7th and today is the 10th? Is this your projected weight loss?

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Young Cutthroat said:
I just lost almost 70 lbs. over a 4 month span. Im 5'7, when I started the weight loss, I was 205 lbs. At one point, I was 230 lbs. I started dieting back in March, now its August and Im 136 lbs. I got to 136 lbs. sometime back in July, I've been stabilizing my body since then so I wont put no weight back on when I go back to normal eating. But real talk tho, keep doing your thing bruh, it'll happen for you if u work hard at it. Dont give in to the temptations of wanting to eat foods you know arent good for you. And NEVER, I mean NEVER settle for a weight that u know is not your goal weight.
Damn what'd you do? I lost 50 pounds since mid march and everyone says I look so different. 225 to 175 now, was like 240-250 in high school.

Dec 2, 2004
The way i did it was situps everynight. About 40. 20 pushups(get a low coffe table,or chair or leg rest. It's easier and its still affective. Try those for about couple of months. 25 pushups everynight. Then regular pushups will become easier." 10 arm curls both right and left everynight. My body is looking good. I was around 215. Im now down 205. 6'2 205.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Solitary 1 said:
OH YEAH AND HIT THE STAIRMASTER AT THE GYM.

That mothafucka works miracles...if you are down for the "soreness" after wards....

Shit I did the Stair master for about 3-4 months straight 4-5 times a week..for 30-32 mins..

talk about gettin in shape...

when I started working out last July (05)...I weighed 362
now Im prolly down to about 320...maybe?

I havent weighed myself in a while...prolly like 2 months..

One of the best things I can tell you is DO NOT WEIGH YOUR SELF WEEKLY..
Do It MONTHLY or something..

Believe me...YOU Will go through periods of NOT LOOSING WEIGHT..
and it will depress the FUCK out of you....cause you are working hard..and its just not coming off as fast as you want..

I cant wait to weigh myself again...
Im outside now...instead of a gym...
I use the Kansas Humidity as a "help" to keep me sweating faster and longer while I jog....

now my excersise is..

Running a mile and a half.....(thats 6 laps at this track I go to)
and inbetween each lap...i do 60 crunches..

Talk about a fucking workout..

Keep it up..
Good post.