Weight Loss journal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
This last weekend I had a burger, beers, rum, 1/2 pizza, half bag of chips/salsa, chicken, doritos, cheetos, candy, Lol....the whole shit was ridiculous. But I'm back on my game again because...well, that's just how it is. I hope everyone else in this thread trying to drop weight feels the same way

May 12, 2002
Didnt get my -5 pound drop. But did manage to lose -2 to put me at 328. I have been working out a lot and all though my weight hasnt dropped like it did at first, clothes are starting to fit different. I gotta wear a belt with almost every pair of pants and shorts now.

May 2, 2002
BigE916WRM said:
Diet dude at the gym told me to eat like half a cup of NF yogurt or NF cottage cheese before bed to keep it rolling. I have and it seems to help. He said try to stay away from carbs and anything heavy before bed.
I said this on the first page...nobody wants to listen to me though.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I dont' fuck with the shakes or any of that mess, just straight water. Supplements, I take multivitamins, Lipo-6 and thats it. Once i cut all the way down to what I need to be at, i'll worry about all the other crap

May 12, 2002
I drink a lot of water chilled of course. Also drink Sugar free Sobe No Fear when I am dragging at work. Gatorade sometimes. Crystal Light. Lemonade sometimes, not much. Jack Daniels and Grey Goose. Mostly water.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I'd switch the Gatorade to Powerade if i were you.......all that sugar is just a waste

Do yourself a favor. head on over to BodyBuilding.com and check out their info on KETO, it's the best diet plan I've ever used. It's low carb most of the week, but on the weekends you can go a little crazy. It's awesome

Hutch

Sicc OG
Mar 9, 2005
Robby2Slobby said:
I check calories, but I don't write them down.. I was for a while.. I keep mental tabs on what I eat though.

Usually, I'm around 1200 calories a day.
Damn! You must be starving yourself! In order for 1200 calories to sustain you, you would have to be 4 ft tall and weight about 100lb (or 5'4 and weigh 70lb!).

If you're going to count calories, check your BMR (basal metabolic rate - the amount of fuel you would consume in the average day whilst resting). There are a few websites that do it for free, and although they're not extremely accurate it's still a good measure. I'm 6'3 and 210lb, it suggests that my BMR is approximately 2,100 calories. Don't eat too far below this figure - although you will lose weight, you'll put your body under stress which is unhealthy. Heres one: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Also, personally I eat before I go to bed - no carbs, very high protein (usually whey protein powder). I do this as I am trying to bulk up and put on muscle - if you are trying to lose weight however, then I wouldn't recommend eating before you go to bed. Even without exercising, every pound of lean muscle burns a significant amount of calories - gaining muscle will help lose weight (if you are rather large though, it may seem contradictory putting on muscle whilst trying to lose weight!).

Some supplements help you lose weight, but most are placebos trying to milk us for money. As long as you have a good heart, caffeine before exercise is beneficial. Caffeine releases fats into the blood stream, which makes it easier for the body to use it for fuel. Also, a good liquid L-carnitine supplement also increases the bodies ability to metabolise fat - carnitine is a fat transporter in the mitochondrial membrane - it ferries the fats from the outside of the mitochondria to the inside, allowing it to be used as fuel.

Hutch

Sicc OG
Mar 9, 2005
Dirty Shoez said:
Do yourself a favor. head on over to BodyBuilding.com and check out their info on KETO, it's the best diet plan I've ever used. It's low carb most of the week, but on the weekends you can go a little crazy. It's awesome
Looks interesting - self-induced ketosis. I'll have to look into it more, but it definitely has potential for weight loss. I just read somewhere that keto diets can also be used to treat epilepsy...

May 12, 2002
I am shooting for 260 but a built 260. The whole time my diet has been #1 priority after that working out with weights, and now I am adding mucho cardio. For my height 260 is still 50 pounds or so overweight but I want to be as realistic as possible and maybe when I get there I will want to lose more. I have a little over 8 months to get there in my time frame.

Feb 28, 2005
i lost 75 lbs since january...i was 320 now im 245...trying to get to about 230...id recommend lifting weights now instead of when you get closer to your goal cuz lifting burns fat faster and the muscle will eat away the fat...congrats though and good luck

May 12, 2002
Update: as of 9/18 I weighed in at 318, for a total weight loss of 48 pounds. 2 pounds from 50 has me excited. I want to be 300 by my birthday in a month so i will have to bust ass in the gym and watch my diet.