POP WARNER??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
had to go through the same thing my sons first year the coach was trying to run his son when my son was the fastest on the team and did not fumble like his son did my son did not touch the ball until the last season he broke for a 50 yard touchdown then his second year new coach he had a break out season. true talent always comes out no matter what.
When you run about 30-40 plays a game on offense, and you got kids going both ways, you have to spread carries among 3-4 kids anyway. But some coaches are biased as fuck and hold kids back for sure. I hate that shit. The coaches that are there for the kids put them in a position to get the most out of their ability, no matter who they are or who their parents are. There are those times when the coaches son is the best on the team and deserves it as well, but when they don't, don't hold back litlle Timmy for whatever reason. I feel you 100%.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah I went throught that BS when my son went out to play pop warner for the first year.

They lined the kids up and the head coaches son (who by the way had his son on the team too) asked the kids who wanted to run a quick slant.... my son raised his hand and ran a quick slant and caught the ball with his "hands" not chest. They ended up putting my son on the offensive line even though he clearly demonstrated he knew how to run the route and catch the ball.

The head coaches grandson was put at tight end and he dropped two easy passes in a row and then walked back to the huddle with his head down.

I ended up taking my son off of the team that year. The next few years (with new coaches) my son ended up being the starting tight end on his team and ended up scoring his first TD against the San Bruno Rams. He caught a quick hitch, broke a few tackles and scored.

Dec 2, 2006
Yeah I went throught that BS when my son went out to play pop warner for the first year.

They lined the kids up and the head coaches son (who by the way had his son on the team too) asked the kids who wanted to run a quick slant.... my son raised his hand and ran a quick slant and caught the ball with his "hands" not chest. They ended up putting my son on the offensive line even though he clearly demonstrated he knew how to run the route and catch the ball.

The head coaches grandson was put at tight end and he dropped two easy passes in a row and then walked back to the huddle with his head down.

I ended up taking my son off of the team that year. The next few years (with new coaches) my son ended up being the starting tight end on his team and ended up scoring his first TD against the San Bruno Rams. He caught a quick hitch, broke a few tackles and scored.
It has to be about the kids, period. I get many compliments from parents on all levels, not just mine, based on my approach and ability to maximize my teams talent, which is very minimal at this time.lol. I have been asked to move up and coach the 12-14 year-olds come playoff time which I am looking forward to, I can't lie. I do get the complaining parents but only because they think there kid is better than they really are. I have one kid who is the fastest on the team but still shys away from the contact. Considering how atrocious my blocking is, I run the more aggressive kids that thrive on the contact. My slowest back averages the most yards per carry because he reads his blocks properly and always falls forward. The fastest kid's dad called me and wanted to know why his son is only getting 2-4 touches a game. I explained that is all he deserved based on his fear of the contact. I am not interested in scaring kids away from the game. He wants me shove it down the kids throat, or keep giving him the ball which i refuse to do because it is not fair to my other 21 players. The kid has potential for sure but needs to be brought along slowly. Try telling that to a parent who thinks his kid is USC bound at 8 years old.lol

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
This goes on almost everywhere then...With the team i coach one of the parents after the first jamboree was asking why his son wasnt going both ways......Then when we needed him to go both ways a couple games after the jamboree....He said he didnt want to play offense anymore....And he was the starting QB...LOL....Boy i tell ya..There has been alot of BS this season...We didnt start off well but we just won 2 straight shutting out the Richmond Steelers and blanking the Vacaville Bulldogs.....are tiny mites are catching on......

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
@ Kontac... We got the Berkeley Jr. Bears this week. I hear they got a Three Headed Monster in the Backfield so we gettin ready for that. Who you guys got this week?

Jan 9, 2009
THIS THREAD OWNS.. ALL YOU PROUD DADS WITH LIL MINI ME'S..
one day i hope to walk in your shoes on the sideline, beaming as mini me does his thing..

as far as the loudmouth parent of wimpy kid / coach who plays his own kids etc..

have any of you ever brought up the shit youre talkin about here? i wouldnt sit around watchin some shitty kid get playing time. or have some idiot tell me how to coach my team
VARSITY LIFE: NO EXCUSES... WE PREPPIN PROS ROUND HERE

Dec 2, 2006
have any of you ever brought up the shit youre talkin about here? i wouldnt sit around watchin some shitty kid get playing time. or have some idiot tell me how to coach my team
VARSITY LIFE: NO EXCUSES... WE PREPPIN PROS ROUND HERE
Of course I have brought it up and or addressed the issue. But it has been this way since the beginning of time and will continue to be this way. My goal is to recruit more people like myself that really have all the kids best interest at heart, not just a couple.

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
@ Kontac... We got the Berkeley Jr. Bears this week. I hear they got a Three Headed Monster in the Backfield so we gettin ready for that. Who you guys got this week?
We got Morgan Hill at 1pm at M.A. Mac we are both 6-1 and both already clinched a spot in the play-off's next week. Should be a good game. Good luck on the Berkeley game

Mar 12, 2010
You know what i hate as a coach... Is parents who try to live vicariously through their kids. Signing up little timmy who could give 3 shits about football, or sports in general, and expecting us as coaches to turn some wimpy ass kid into patrick willis. You know the type of kid who shy's away from contact. Any time that kid gets touched a little on the field he wants an ambulance? He would just assume quit as to be out there, but here are his parents... Stomping a dirt cloud on the track or in the stands. Recruiting any of the other sorry ass kids parents to bitch moan and complain about why his kid aint the running back. Or why he aint the middle linebacker.

who i coach for is of no importance. But we have about 6 kids on our midget team that i coach and if there is a football god, after the season he will allow me to be in a bar somewhere and one of these dads come at me on this bullshit.... Too many sissy ass kids with punked ass parents. Meaning they dont discipline their kids and wonder why they dont preform in school or on the field.

My rant.... carry on.
I ASK THE KIDS IF THEY EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL AND THEY SAY NO. ALL I SEE IS THAT I AM A BABYSITTER FOR 2 HOURS ON 4 DAYS A WEEK (COUNTING GAME DAYS) AND GET THE SAME THING ABOUT LITTLE TIMMYS AND JOHNNYS.

THE ONLY EXCERCISE THESE KIDS GET IS ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD OTHER THAN WORKING OUT THEIR THUMBS. ALOT OF THESE KIDS DONT LISTEN AND DONT CARE TO LISTEN MY BOY LOVES FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL AND IS CONSTANTLY DRAGGING ME OUTSIDE TO THROW HIM PASSES OR EVEN BATTING PRACTICE.

IF THOSE KIDS HAD HALF HIS DRIVE THEY WOULD BE GREAT BUT INSTEAD THEY ARE ONLY OUT THERE BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS ARE MAKING THEM. I FEEL YOUR PAIN AS WELL. IF THESE PARENTS WANTED THEIR KIDS TO BE A RUNNING BACK OR EVEN A RECEIVER YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD ATLEAST TAKE THEIR BOY OUT BACK AND THROW TO HIM. BUT THAT TAKES TO MUCH EFFORT ON THEIR BEHALF I GUESS. IM DONE VENTING FOR NOW

Mar 12, 2010
This goes on almost everywhere then...With the team i coach one of the parents after the first jamboree was asking why his son wasnt going both ways......Then when we needed him to go both ways a couple games after the jamboree....He said he didnt want to play offense anymore....And he was the starting QB...LOL....Boy i tell ya..There has been alot of BS this season...We didnt start off well but we just won 2 straight shutting out the Richmond Steelers and blanking the Vacaville Bulldogs.....are tiny mites are catching on......
YEAH IT TAKES A KID THAT CAN TAKE A LICK TO BE QB BECAUSE IF HE DOESNT HAVE THE HEART TO GET BACK UP AFTER CATCHING A BIG HIT FROM THE BLINDSIDE THEY ALWAYS DONT WANT TO PLAY QB ANYMORE

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
I ASK THE KIDS IF THEY EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL AND THEY SAY NO. ALL I SEE IS THAT I AM A BABYSITTER FOR 2 HOURS ON 4 DAYS A WEEK (COUNTING GAME DAYS) AND GET THE SAME THING ABOUT LITTLE TIMMYS AND JOHNNYS.

THE ONLY EXCERCISE THESE KIDS GET IS ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD OTHER THAN WORKING OUT THEIR THUMBS. ALOT OF THESE KIDS DONT LISTEN AND DONT CARE TO LISTEN MY BOY LOVES FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL AND IS CONSTANTLY DRAGGING ME OUTSIDE TO THROW HIM PASSES OR EVEN BATTING PRACTICE.

IF THOSE KIDS HAD HALF HIS DRIVE THEY WOULD BE GREAT BUT INSTEAD THEY ARE ONLY OUT THERE BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS ARE MAKING THEM. I FEEL YOUR PAIN AS WELL. IF THESE PARENTS WANTED THEIR KIDS TO BE A RUNNING BACK OR EVEN A RECEIVER YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD ATLEAST TAKE THEIR BOY OUT BACK AND THROW TO HIM. BUT THAT TAKES TO MUCH EFFORT ON THEIR BEHALF I GUESS. IM DONE VENTING FOR NOW
If you coaching Mighty mites I understand those kids got wandering minds but a good coach is also a motivator, how you act out in the field rubs off on your team. What team you coaching for? You in Fresno right? My nephews are in Sunnyside Jrs and Peewee. We got talent but shitty careless coaches on the pewees. Jr's are defending champs.

Mar 12, 2010
If you coaching Mighty mites I understand those kids got wandering minds but a good coach is also a motivator, how you act out in the field rubs off on your team. What team you coaching for? You in Fresno right? My nephews are in Sunnyside Jrs and Peewee. We got talent but shitty careless coaches on the pewees. Jr's are defending champs.
no bro i coach the 10 and 11 year olds you see the ones that want to be out there are the one giving 100% but then there are the kids that are out there that are just there for the uniforms or because they drop em off.

i dont give up on any of them and dont yell at the kids in a degrading manner just encouragement telling them they can do it. during practice if i see them mess up i pull the kid or kids aside and walk them thru what they are suppose to do but like i said there are those kids out there that just phone it in during practice and during games and have gotten a few guys hurt this year (one of the kids hurt was my son) but i havent given up and actually one of the kids that was just going thru the motions actually stepped up and was doing his thing on offense (blocking) and defense (made a couple tackles in the back field).

where I coach is a small community where there are not very many kids that come out for football many of the kids play other sports like soccer and even fall baseball and thats why the kids we do have we have to coach them up. in years past total players on the team have ranged from only 12 players the first year and i think this is the first year we have had 20+ on the team. even with those number these kids go out and whoop on teams with way more players our record this year is 4-2 and we are going into the playoffs.

i will try and figure out how to put some of the pictures i have on my phone in this thread. believe me we have talent but we also have those little timmys that though they were going to come out and run and catch the ball but they cant catch and they have no one other than us coaches that work with them. so i feel and see what some of these guys are saying.

Jan 7, 2004
My sons on his second year, he's 8. He plays in the Diablo Valley Youth Football Conference for DVYF in Antioch. He loves Football, I have to make him miss practice when he has been really sick (weezing sick). He loves to hit and is now asking for a Patrick Willis jersey for xmas.

Heres some pic from his last game. He's the white kidd, #33, the one making the tackle.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Patrick Willis is a good linebacker to idolize.... your son is going to be deep. Judging from the pics it looks like he already knows how to take the correct angles.

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
We won today 26-6 over the 6-1 Morgan Hill Raiders my son ran 8 times for 157 yards 2 touchdowns overall record is now 7-1 play-off's next week. Win 5(gonna be hard) then off to Florida for the National Championship's

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
We lost to the Berkeley Jr. Bears. They had a good team. At least 9-10 of their boys are going up to Mighty Mites. I'm proud of our boys. They never threw in the towel even though we had a very young team. Out of 22, only 4 had ever played the game before. I'm looking forward to next year. It can't come soon enough. Next NJB Basketball.