Mixed Plate thoughts and more....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2002
I don't know what color Zero Media is, but he/she is quite possibly the dumbest message-board poster I've ever had the pleasure of reading. He/she is one more stupid post from me calling bullshit and believing it's someone playing an elaborate joke. No one is that stupid.
Do you still have your little sports show sir?

Maybe I can call in and we can discuss it. Not that I'd ever get past your screener.

I get that you think you're so intelligent because you won a few awards for your writing. That's all good. Keep your head held high, sir. The world needs more obscure Kansas City MO sports writers just like you. Because lord knows, it would be near impossible to replace you.

I'm sure it's really hard to find a black sports writer in KC.

The only elaborate joke being played here is your career and the fact that people actually read your bullshit.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com

Maybe I can call in and we can discuss it. Not that I'd ever get past your screener.

I get that you think you're so intelligent because you won a few awards for your writing. That's all good. Keep your head held high, sir. The world needs more obscure Kansas City MO sports writers just like you. Because lord knows, it would be near impossible to replace you.

The only elaborate joke being played here is your career and the fact that people actually read your bullshit.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah

May 6, 2002
I don't know how this thread is still alive. To give Whitlock any time of day is ridiculous. I've read a lot of his stuff, and it's garbage. Anytime I saw him on ESPN, he sounded stupid. Some of the he writes and says is a little racist though. He just sounds ignorant a lot of the time.

As far as Mixed Plate goes, Tech said there was going to be a happier/more party vibe to this album. There are a couple of good songs on it, but I didn't like a lot of the features, and some of the songs are pretty lame. It does seem that albums have gotten progessively worse. Hopefully his next album will be better.

Aug 16, 2003
The way I see it Whitlock is out of hand with his comment. Im a black fan and I like all of the different types of Tech music.

I like his "dark" shit just as much as his party music and gangster shit. When I started listening to Tech there was no Anghellic...It was CBTS and the Worst albums. Even in those albums you can hear a little bit of the darkness peaking through but it wasnt all the way out.

When Techs style changed I didnt run away from it like alot of other early fans did because I appreciated the hard work and technique that he put into his rhymes and passion in his music.

The thing that drew me and keeps drawing me into Techs music is his talent, word play, different rhyme patterns and varied topics he has done over the last decade.

A few lighter albums here and there wont make me stop liking Tech just like a few darker albums wont make me stop liking him.

IMO race dosent have anything to do with being a Tech fan. It comes down to you personal taste in music and what you have an ear for. It also depends on what you listen to music for. If you only like party music then thats what youll seek out. If you like dark shit then thats what youll look for.

I

May 7, 2008
haha that ginger kid video makes me laugh everytime lol i reckon that kid was the biggest southpark fan until they did that redhead kid have no souls episode haha

any ginger tech n9ne fans here no offense lol

Oct 6, 2008

I like how he kept calling him "sir"..

That sarcasm made that shit even funnier...

and THREAD DELETE who gives a fuck now?

Point's already been made and ran over at least 6 or 7 times.....

J-Kay

Sicc OG
Jun 20, 2008
The Mixed Plate is intended to serve Tech's black, KC fan base. And it delivers in a big way.
Is that not the definition of sell out? Changing up your style to cater to a wider audience, rather than making actual quality music was substance and meaning? So no, I will not cut Tech any slack for selling out. I love most of his music, but Mixed Plate was pathetic aside from a few tracks (Harvey Dent, Need More Angels). Whats the point of making generic music with no meaning? I don't mind a couple of those on an album, but to fill up an entire CD with that trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.