Mixed Plate thoughts and more....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2008
All this back and forth is hilarious.... :knockout:

Random thought...

Did it take the shittiness of "The Gates Mixed Plate" to make us all see that "Sickology 101" is a better album? When in fact "Sickology" sucked balls to "MLK" and "MLK" was atrocious compared to "Everready"...

Shouldn't it be the other way around where the albums get progressively.. better?!

fuck..

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
umm...please dont quote my post with that statement..
both of ya'll go jump off fuckin bridge..GMP is dumbed the fuck down

and instead of blacks should i have said the african americans?

this album was made to bring in the black or african american crowd

jesus christ you guys are acting like some nappy headed hoes

Nov 7, 2006
So Tech made a song about how black folks were only supporting wack shit and not Tech with "Message To The Black Man"

so Tech went and made wack shit with GMP to appeal to them?

Jan 8, 2006
album knocks HARD in my car. with a nice audio system you can notice how clean sounding this album is.... and after each new strange release... They seem to get a more clean, polished, unique sounding style.No doubt imma be bumpin this all summer.!!

It was a kick ass pre-order deal for $19! Gettin a dope shirt that FITS PERFECTLY, autographed album with a sticker....

good looks on the release Strange!! Amped to see what Kali and Tech bring on their next solo albums....

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
I've listened to the album and the more i listen to it, it's grown on me.

Like I said we knew it was going to be a "lighter" album, so why all the bitching...that is beyond me. Maybe we'll get some more dark tracks on another solo album or the ever-delayed Kabosh album.

As for the repetitive hooks- yes they are there, but they are also catchy as hell. Ha.
Some of the features are strong-Irv Da Phenom, Stevie Stone, and Jay Rock to name a few. Just enjoy the album for what it is, it's a carefree party style album. If you don't like it just wait it out- i'm sure Tech will drop more stuff soon & we also have "Shock Treatment" coming up on us.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
Problem is no one is bitching about the "lightness" of the album....the sound that Tech created on this album is not directed toward the fans that buy his musicc, its for the fans that he WANTS to buy his musicc....I think this album is seriously missing the creativity that we've come to expect from Tech. Light or Dark don't matter but this just isn't good musicc to me. It sounds the same as the shit that comes on tha radio every day, all day.

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
Problem is no one is bitching about the "lightness" of the album....the sound that Tech created on this album is not directed toward the fans that buy his musicc, its for the fans that he WANTS to buy his musicc....I think this album is seriously missing the creativity that we've come to expect from Tech. Light or Dark don't matter but this just isn't good musicc to me. It sounds the same as the shit that comes on tha radio every day, all day.
I believe that's what he may be trying to attain though....Tech wants to be on the radio. So how to get there...make radio sounding music. But to me unlike some stuff on the radio, this has beyond average lyrics and his flows are on point.

I'm not hating 'radio' stuff because i do bump some artists that get constant airplay and i think maybe this album is a good look for Tech's persona within the urban audience. But, I'm just taking it for what it is. A party album.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
All this back and forth is hilarious.... :knockout:

Random thought...

Did it take the shittiness of "The Gates Mixed Plate" to make us all see that "Sickology 101" is a better album? When in fact "Sickology" sucked balls to "MLK" and "MLK" was atrocious compared to "Everready"...

Shouldn't it be the other way around where the albums get progressively.. better?!

fuck..
i never had a problem with Sickology.

Jun 22, 2007
I believe that's what he may be trying to attain though....Tech wants to be on the radio. So how to get there...make radio sounding music. But to me unlike some stuff on the radio, this has beyond average lyrics and his flows are on point.

I'm not hating 'radio' stuff because i do bump some artists that get constant airplay and i think maybe this album is a good look for Tech's persona within the urban audience. But, I'm just taking it for what it is. A party album.
So your saying Tech is selling out?

What I dont get is, don't you still have to pay to get on the radio? Why dumb down the music if your not gunna pay? And why do you even have to dumb down the music anyways, Imma Playa or Caribou Lou would have been big hits all over the country IMO.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO

Status
Not open for further replies.