Mass Effect 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
Its not a new ending though. Its an add on to the ending we already have to add "clarity" because apparently we didn't understand that it sucked and we needed to know more about its suckiness lol. Iam ready to see what their definition of clarity is. Supposed to drop on Tuesday

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Its not a new ending though. Its an add on to the ending we already have to add "clarity" because apparently we didn't understand that it sucked and we needed to know more about its suckiness lol. Iam ready to see what their definition of clarity is. Supposed to drop on Tuesday
Technically it's a new ending. The "clarity" changes depending on what you did in the game so save file 1 may be totally different from save file 2 (depending on what choices.) I won't be able to snag it anyway cause I won't have access for two weeks cause of the water damage to the crib.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
the ending never sucked. people just didnt understand it. it went over their heads. they went for something deep and meaniful but obviously people just want to see shit blow up and you be the hero. to each his own

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
Technically it's a new ending. The "clarity" changes depending on what you did in the game so save file 1 may be totally different from save file 2 (depending on what choices.) I won't be able to snag it anyway cause I won't have access for two weeks cause of the water damage to the crib.
So they say. I will wait on Tuesday to see whats up luckily I am off until Wenesday
the ending never sucked. people just didnt understand it. it went over their heads. they went for something deep and meaniful but obviously people just want to see shit blow up and you be the hero. to each his own
It sucked because it left too much to your imagination and took a weird twist at the end that nobody was ready for. The ending for ME 2 was better where u could have really screwed up and died at the end. It wasn't about blowing shit up or not blowing shit up and it wasn't really all that deep it just didn't make sense in the context of what the came is and left several gaps in the story line. Not good but I am hoping their clarity fills those gaps and then ill be happier

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
It wasn't about blowing shit up or not blowing shit up and it wasn't really all that deep it just didn't make sense in the context of what the came is and left several gaps in the story line.
him getting indoctrinated by the reapers doesnt make sense in the context of the game? how so? the whole game is based on the reaper invasion. i would think their effect on commander sheppard would be a big part of that story. maybe it wasnt insanely deep but its more depth to sheppard than they have gave him in previous games.

not saying everything was as executed well. the ending/story definitely had its flaws. my main gripe is how they handled the other characters across the other games towards the end. not much closure. as far as the actually ending goes i am fine with it. they painted a picture of sheppard having inner struggles and it was up to you to decide how he chose to deal with it in the end.

the " it left too much to the imagination" comment is what i was hinting at when i said they wanted to see things blow up. everybody wanted something cut and dry. here is exactly what happened and exactly how everything turned out. people act they got robbed of a good ending because they had to use their brains to look further into it. thats what makes for an interesting story. there are tons of the theories on what the ending means and millions of forums posts about it. would those be there if there was one ending that explained every single thing that happened? fuck no. we wouldnt even be talking about mass effect 3 a month after it came out. it would be old news.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
him getting indoctrinated by the reapers doesnt make sense in the context of the game? how so? the whole game is based on the reaper invasion. i would think their effect on commander sheppard would be a big part of that story. maybe it wasnt insanely deep but its more depth to sheppard than they have gave him in previous games.

not saying everything was as executed well. the ending/story definitely had its flaws. my main gripe is how they handled the other characters across the other games towards the end. not much closure. as far as the actually ending goes i am fine with it. they painted a picture of sheppard having inner struggles and it was up to you to decide how he chose to deal with it in the end.

the " it left too much to the imagination" comment is what i was hinting at when i said they wanted to see things blow up. everybody wanted something cut and dry. here is exactly what happened and exactly how everything turned out. people act they got robbed of a good ending because they had to use their brains to look further into it. thats what makes for an interesting story. there are tons of the theories on what the ending means and millions of forums posts about it. would those be there if there was one ending that explained every single thing that happened? fuck no. we wouldnt even be talking about mass effect 3 a month after it came out. it would be old news.
It is assumed he was indoctrinated though. I can handle the idea of him maybe fighting indoctrination and I think he was after getting hit by that big blast by Harbinger but it was not cut and dry that he was indoctrinated. When telling a story there should be a defined beginning middle and end. It should always be clear as to what is going on and the ending did not do that clearly so people had to make up in their minds what happened. After playing through 3 games and being told what is happening it is strange and that the last 10 minutes or so is something we should guess about when we didn't have to guess at all in the other 2 games or during the rest of ME 3 about what was actually happening. I want to know what happened to my squadmates after I stopped the Reapers. Was Earth rebuilt easily and were all the aliens I gathered to help me stranded in the Sol system since the Mass Relays were destroyed and it would take 3 decades to get some of them back to their home worlds? Did Kasumi make it off the Citadel in time or is she in the big pile of dead bodies there when I get there? Is that even the Citadel or is that all in Shepard's head? All sorts of questions to be asked because it wasn't clear. Hell I would have loved to see an ending where the cycle completes and you see it play out or one where Shepard lives and the Reapers are destroyed and everything in between that is what Casey Hudson said would happen and I am disappointed that its not at all what happened or maybe it was just implied.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
I saw the new endings on YouTube they are awesome and they added a new 4th one its actually my favorite ending out of them all. The others do exactly what they said it would too add clarity and give an after story but I am happy now with how the series has ended the extended cut is great.

Jun 24, 2005
Not gonna waste my time playing through the end again for really amounts to a couple minutes of new content. I just watched what would have been my ending on youtube and wasn't really impressed.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
Not gonna waste my time playing through the end again for really amounts to a couple minutes of new content. I just watched what would have been my ending on youtube and wasn't really impressed.
man I love the new endings especially the new one. The new one is easily my favorite and the option I wanted to see from the start. I am wondering how this works if you play all the way through though since they say start at a certain point to experience it all

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
man I love the new endings especially the new one. The new one is easily my favorite and the option I wanted to see from the start. I am wondering how this works if you play all the way through though since they say start at a certain point to experience it all
I think they said the new ending starts when you start running for the beam. And I thought the new fourth choice was probably the worst. That's just my opinion though.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Mass Effect 3's 'Earth' multiplayer DLC launches on Xbox 360 next Tuesday, July 17, at a cost of zero space bucks. The content is multiplayer-focused, and that's about all we know – we're taking a wild guess that the locales it'll offer are based on Terra Firma regions.