Mass Effect 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
played the demo yesterday on ps3 of mass effect 2, the game seems cool but i'll need to know more about it before buying it

is it an open world like fallout 3 or a linear world like bioshock?

Jun 11, 2004
played the demo yesterday on ps3 of mass effect 2, the game seems cool but i'll need to know more about it before buying it

is it an open world like fallout 3 or a linear world like bioshock?
It is closer to fallout than bioshock. There is a lot of freedom to explore. That said, its not like the fallout games, there is not unlimited freedom. Its more like a really good open ended movie where you are the main character and your choices drive the story. ME 1 and 2 are must plays imo.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
thanks for the replies

i like games which give me the freedom to explore their world

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Mass Effect 3 is on the cover of the May Game Informer issue.

There's also a blurry scan of part of the article and some info.

The latest issue of Game Informer contains a ton of details about Mass Effect 3. The first round of information is beginning to trickle in, which you can read about below. We’ve also included a blurry scan/magazine image (via GameFAQs) from the issue.

- Game begins with Shepard on Earth
- Shepard is on trial in regard to the events of Arrival
- Reapers invade while the trial is happening
- Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops
- Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders
- Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down
- Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson
- Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch
- The Illusive Man plays a big role
- Cerberus is out to kill Shepard
- Enhanced RPG elements
- More freedom with character skills
- Larger skill trees
- Powers will evolve several times, not just once
- Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list
- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
- All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now,
- There will be limited slots to carry these weapons
- Soldier can carry all weapons at once
- Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will likely be limited to two weapons, three for Vanguard and Infiltrator
- Numerous endings
- Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available
- No multiplayer

Source: http://gamingeverything.com/?p=3119

Nice. I can't wait for this game.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
i had two save files for this game, one with everyone alive and the collector base given to cerberus and another one with everyone alive and the collector base destroyed

i accidentally deleted one file i hope it was just the one with the base given to cerberus

Jun 11, 2004
I hope they borrow the leveling and skill tree system from dragon age 2 and use them in mass effect 3. Dragon age 2 nailed the leveling
/customization aspect of that game

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Mass Effect 3 Delayed to 2012
EA delays third installment into early next year

Electronic Arts is delaying the release of Mass Effect 3 into early 2012.

Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series, made the announcement through the game's official Facebook page.

"Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012. The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone's expectations."

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Mass Effect 3 Delayed to 2012
EA delays third installment into early next year

Electronic Arts is delaying the release of Mass Effect 3 into early 2012.

Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series, made the announcement through the game's official Facebook page.

"Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012. The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone's expectations."
I was pretty sure it was gonna be delayed. I'm happy for this as well just because it would have been a sub two year development cycle (or at least since ME2 released).

There's already a lot of big games coming out at the end of the year (Gears of War 3 and Uncharted 3) are the two I'm planning to buy, so this delay helps out the gaming budget.