Killer will not have a better debut than ICP's newest album.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Will Killer sell better than the Tempest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Wrong... Sales are Sales, period. You sale 100 copies, means you just sold 100 copies. It's when it comes to RIAA certification (Gold, Platinum, Diamond) that the two disc rule comes into play. Thus, it only has to sale 250,000 copies to be certified Gold... but it still only sold 250,000 copies. Thus, to beat ICP's 33,000 first week number, Tech has to sell 33,001 copies.
well how bout this fuck icp and the horse they road in on. tech shits on them bums and it would a travishamockery if tech's fans didnt support him above that gay ass group.

thats what i really wanted to say but needed some motivation!

sup tech... holla at ya people!

yeeeeeeeee

Jul 7, 2002
just for the record, killer only has to sell 16,501 copies to out sell icp's 33,000. killer being a double disc it counts for 2 sales for each copy. that is as long as it was sold at regular pricing.

tech is a beast!
ME and C4 were talking about this and he was saying the RIAA stopped counting double for 2 disc releases....I'm curious as to how it is being handled now.

Sep 30, 2002
This thread is so fucking retarded. For one ICP figured out the independent thing a long time ago, strange has been up and running full speed for just a little while (relatively speaking) Tech will gain lots and lots of fans that he didnt previously have with this album because he is reaching out to his "old fanbase type" on this album he also has the ICP fanbase as well, I think Tech will outsell them.

Sep 16, 2006
This thread is so fucking retarded. For one ICP figured out the independent thing a long time ago, strange has been up and running full speed for just a little while (relatively speaking) Tech will gain lots and lots of fans that he didnt previously have with this album because he is reaching out to his "old fanbase type" on this album he also has the ICP fanbase as well, I think Tech will outsell them.
Let's see how fucking retarded it is when I'm right.

This thread wasn't made for a ICP/Tech argument. It was for analysis and prediction of his upcoming album compared to a group that is often discussed on this board and beasting in the independent game.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
unfortunately I agree with the thread starter. it could be close, but you have to keep in mind...

- there are more ICP nuthuggers than Tech nuthuggers (don't get me wrong...there are plenty of those) and "casual" Tech fans
- the economy is in the tank and it makes more sense for a lot of people to fill up your car than spend money on a CD

I don't even think Tech will outsell G-Unit on the 1st, but I'm crossing my fingers that he does *shrugs*

Sep 16, 2006
As I said, this isn't a thread to start some stupid ICP/Tech argument or made in a trolling fashion.

Just a really interesting number to look at.

Spoke to Tech recently and lets just say that 30,000 is a little less than they are expecting.
Lol, what are they looking for? I'd agree as well.

Nov 7, 2006
remember he has to sell 30k in a week. i think he'll pass 30k just not in a week. ICP really do run the idependent game and there music may suck but they must like it and alot of other ppl do so they prolly dont give a fuck wat we think lol

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
ME and C4 were talking about this and he was saying the RIAA stopped counting double for 2 disc releases....I'm curious as to how it is being handled now.
Their wording isn't exactly the best, but it still reads as though 250,000 sales of a double disc album gets Gold cert, 500,000 gets Plat, etc. Though, I guess it's possible that they got it worded in such a way that it gives that impression but in truth it's not the way it works OR that their site could be outdated in regards to how things are done. (RIAA - Gold & Platinum - Criteria)

In regards to outselling ICP. Take into account that MLK only did 13,000 first week. I believe Everready only did 22-23,000 it's first week. So...

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Their wording isn't exactly the best, but it still reads as though 250,000 sales of a double disc album gets Gold cert, 500,000 gets Plat, etc. Though, I guess it's possible that they got it worded in such a way that it gives that impression but in truth it's not the way it works OR that their site could be outdated in regards to how things are done. (RIAA - Gold & Platinum - Criteria)

In regards to outselling ICP. Take into account that MLK only did 13,000 first week. I believe Everready only did 22-23,000 it's first week. So...
RIAA numbers do not have anything to do with first week sales, Billboard charts etc. RIAA still tracks the number of discs, not the number of albums...that's why OutKast was certified diamond in 2006. Also, they track the number of discs SHIPPED and not sold.

Soundscan compiles point of sale transactions...the number of albums (1, 2 or 3 discs it doesn't matter) SCANNED at stores who submit their albums to Soundscan (mom and pop stores often cannot afford to subscribe to Soundscan). Since the early 90's Soundscan numbers have been used to determine Billboard chart positions.

As you read this thread keep in mind that chart position is relative. An can sell 20,000 one week and be in the top 20 and another artist can sell the same amount the next week and barely make the top 30. It depends on the success of other releases during that week. Tech will have to compete with G-Unit and John Mayer both that week.