Kick Ass!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002

Personally I think the whole comic to movie thing has gotten out of control when they start making a movie when the comic has only one issue out on stands.

In any case . . .

Dave Lizewski, an otherwise ordinary New York City high school student and the child of Greg Willer, loving single father, takes his interest in comic books as inspiration to become a real-life superhero. He assembles a suit and mask, which he wears under his normal clothing, begins exercising, and practices things like walking on roofs, sating his ambitions for a time. He eventually seeks to fight crime, his first attempt at which leads to a severe beating and stabbing by thugs, followed by his wandering into the street and being hit by a car. He retains his secret identity, however, stripping off and hiding his costume before paramedics arrive.

Telling his father he was mugged, he undergoes intense physical rehabilitation, including four operations. He is released weeks later, and as soon as he is off crutches dons the suit once more and goes on patrol. When he saves a man from a beating, an onlooker catches the scene on a cellphone camera and uploads it to YouTube, turning Lizewski into an overnight sensation christened with the name Kick-Ass.

McLovin stars

Apr 25, 2002
Millar seems to be ok with movie studios taking his comics and doing whatever they want with them. At least if Wanted is any indication of things this will pretty much be Kick Ass in name only and nothing like the comic, but from the stills it looks to be more like the comic than Wanted ever was.

Feb 9, 2003
Premise seems pretty good. And with the protagonist that was casted you know the type of "whiny-awkward-white nerd" humor you can expect from the movie.

With all that said, I think this can be a very good movie if executed properly.

Apr 25, 2002
http://www.reviewstl.com/kick-ass-finds-a-distributor/

Lionsgate has grabbed domestic rights to Matthew Vaughn’s action-comedy “Kick-Ass.”

In a deal that is described as “big,” the mini-major has committed to a wide 2010 release.

Pic is based on a comic by Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. about a comic-obsessed teenager who decides to become a real-life superhero despite his lack of any superpowers. Cast includes Nicolas Cage, Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and “Superbad’s” Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

U.S. distribs got their first peek at a rough cut of “Kick-Ass” on July 28, a few days after the fanboys at Comic-Con saw clips of the film and gave it their blessing.

Vaughn’s Marv Films shingle and Brad Pitt’s Plan B produced and privately financed the project.

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002
The comic is actually real good, I just wish they'd quit delaying it and finish it up already.. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Aug 16, 2003
KICK ASS Trailers

I think Ive been sleeping on this movie. I just ran into a trailer for it tonight and this shit looks CRAZY

This shit could be one of the better movies for 2010

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
renter. unless a girl willing to pay

looks funny though. comedy i usually dont go to the theater. i go for the crazy effects that you can only appreciate at the theater unless you been on cribs

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
Kick Ass

why are there no threads about this movie yet?

i watched it yesterday, sick movie.

if you see the trailer you might just think its a kind of spoof superhero movie and it's not gonna be that good, but it's actually a pretty serious superhero movie.

what sets it apart from other superhero films like batman and x men is that its a lot more realistic.

i reccommend this movie to everyone