Jay Z ripps 2pac!>....peep here

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 22, 2002
Kyle said:
i gotta agree with Tim, copying a song title isn't a diss
people have their own opinion....and GZA's song called Fame wasnt called Celebrity cause NSYNC had their album called that....now who gives a fuck about nysnc compared to pac!

May 22, 2002
MaddDogg said:
JAY Z IS BITING BECAUSE HE STOLE THE EXACT BEAT AND MADE A HOOK JUST LIKE PAC'S. THATS GAY AS FUCK CAUSE PAC HATED THAT FOOLS GUTS AND WOULDA TORE HIM A NEW ASSHOLE IF HE WAS STILL AROUND.

THE SEVEN DAY THEORY AND THE MACHAVELLI IDEAS 2PAC READ ABOUT AND INCORPORATED INTO HIS MUSIC WITH A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE AND VIBE, I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
HE ALSO USED METHOD MAN'S HOOK YES BUT THE HOOK WAS ONLY A SMALL PART OF THE SONG AND AT LEAST HE GAVE METH HIS PROPS BY PUTTING HIM ON A TRACK RIGHT AFTER THAT.

BORROWING IS OKAY TO A CERTAIN EXTENT, BUT JAY Z'S PORTRAYAL OF PAC'S MASTERPIECE IS MEDIOCRE AT BEST AND I HOPE IT LEADS TO HIS DOWNFALL AS AN ARTIST.
^^^ You stole the words outa my mouth ^^^ :eek:

Apr 25, 2002
^^^^
I dont think it has anything to do with "Westcoast." The main part of the argument, at least my biggest point, is that 2pac openly dissed Jay Z. If Pac were alive Jay Z never woulda laid hands on that beat and Jay Z knows that. But sense Pac is gone he capitalized on it.

Sure, rap music was fundamentally built on samples from the begining of its existence. Pac sampled just as much as everyone else, but I don't think he or many other artists who sample use the exact beat, chorus, song name as the song they sample from.

And I don't think anyone has sampled from someone who openly dissed them, unless its a diss song directed back towards them (dont get this statement wrong the Jay Z song is not a diss).

Apr 25, 2002
I THINK ONE THING WE ALL AGREE ON IS THIS TOPIC MAKES FOR A DAMN GOOD DISSCUSSION AND THIS BOARD IS HOT RIGHT NOW FOR RESPONSES. REMINDS ME A LITTLE OF RAPTALK.NET BEFORE IT SHUT DOWN.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Cam'ron (part of Roc a fella) bites "Oh boy"
then had dude C-walkin' to 2-pac's beat
Memphis Bleek (part of Roc a fella) bites "Get Low"
Jay-Z bites "izzo" supposedly from Snoop Dogg. He also bit other rhymes from Snoop Dogg "he is I and I am him, slim with the titled brim" he also bit from Nas and Big. Now he's bitin from Pac? Who's next?

May 12, 2002
Pac openly blasted Nas, but it was okay for Nas to use that pac sample "fuck Jay-z" on Ether

....and Eminem used a line from jay-z "can't leave rap alone the game needs me" :

WTF is your point Tony?

Simply put if there is an issue between the use of the term "Get Low" between two entities the law provides a remedy....

Apr 25, 2002
"Dear Pac...
You asked if I could trade in your place, how would I hold up?
How long would I ride, before I fold up?
...We had words cause the best supposed to clash at the top
but kept it brotherly, when we seen each other and stopped
in NYC, at MTV, people watched
We was both deep, after you left, I got no sleep..."-Nas

Apr 26, 2002
MaddDogg said:

2pac did take a beat from someone else. But,
1. the poeple he took the beat from didn't hate his guts.
2. The beat was sampled. He didn't take the exact bassline of the song and make another song.
3. The chorus was sampled. I'll give you that. A lot of hiphop is samples though, but with Jay Z basically using the same beat, the same chorus, and almost the same name as 2pac did on his song is overdoing it (yea it was "Me and My Girlfriend" but people CONSTANTLY refer to it as "96' Bonnie and Clyde."
4. Despite the fact that 2pac is dead, its important because the fall of 2pac seems to coincide with the fall of good radio rap music. The second Pac died, Puffy and Fam began to dominate the radio...Then No Limit, then Cash Money...all trends. Pac and Deathrow and others (Nas, Ice Cube) created music that stands on its own two feet through time, its not old 2 years after he produced it. If Pac was still here, music would be so much better. We all know that. Look at the influence he made when people who he openly dissed and hated use his music for their songs! How many wanna be Pacs can we have on the radio (Jay Z, Ja Rule, DMX, Lil Zane, even Nas a little) somebody make it stop!
i couldn't hav said ALL those better.....BUT on #2 u said about tha sampling. sampling IS when u take the EXACT bassline or wutever else instrument and SAMPLE it. but other than that, u on point. when 2pac died is when real good MAINSTREAM music died. "look at the influence he made when people who he openly dissed and hated used his music for their songs!"...... yes sir, yes sir, yes sir. word!

Tim[/i] [B]You are obviously one of them ignorant ass people who seem to forget this is a BUSINESS and if it sells why not do it? [/B][/QUOTE] that's y there's so much difference in opinion when it comes to music. my opinion is that no said:
this shit is so ridiculous... if the west coast invented any "concept, idea and/or slang" and felt they were entitled to royalties, then they should have trademarked it and sued whoever infringed.. PERIOD
jus outta curiosity, how cum west coast don't get mad when lil flip used that izzo type shit in his song that he got on video. if i'm not mistakin, he said a whole verse in that slangage. i don't agree wit bitin from tha west coast, but if u gonna trip on cam'ron and jay-z, y not lil flip. down south foos be poppin collars, why not t-rip on them?

fold.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
T-Spoon said:
that's y there's so much difference in opinion when it comes to music. my opinion is that no, this shouldn't be treated as a "business". i think it should be treated as art. that's wut's wrong wit music. i create music cuz uv it's art, not 4 money...period.
Yes but once you start to try to SELL albums then it becomes a business. Once you start to sell albums, if selling as many as possible is not your main concern then you won't succeed and don't deserve to either. Also you say you create it because of it's art, not for money? Well why not try to get rich off your art? Wouldn't that be better than working at some fucced up job for the next 40 or 50 years?

Apr 26, 2002
Tim said:

Once you start to sell albums, if selling as many as possible is not your main concern then you won't succeed and don't deserve to either.
this is where i disagree agayne. my objective would not to SELL as many as possible, my objective would be to TOUCH as many LISTENERS as possible. that's wut music is for (imo). fold.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
T-Spoon said:

this is where i disagree agayne. my objective would not to SELL as many as possible, my objective would be to TOUCH as many LISTENERS as possible. that's wut music is for (imo). fold.
Yes, if you are just selling for yourself and just want people to hear your shit but if you are trying to make a living off of it then your objective should be to sell as many as possible.

Apr 25, 2002
to whoever mentioned it....im almsot positive the music monica's first single (just one of them days) was first used for her album, not Pac. i know this cuz ive met Ray (DJ Swift), the guy who made it. FYI

Apr 26, 2002
Tim said:

Yes, if you are just selling for yourself and just want people to hear your shit but if you are trying to make a living off of it then your objective should be to sell as many as possible.
tim, who is ur favorite rap artist at this time? fold.

Apr 26, 2002
Tim said:

Ras Kass, Scarface is a close second.
so wut if ras kass shtarts losin his "passion" in his "art" and shtarts rappin about dubs on his bentley and bling blingin and ridin down tha street on parade balloons on his video? wut if he starts doin that shit jus so he could make more money? would u shtill buy his shit and reshpect him like u did when he wus less flamboyant? i doubt it. fold.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
T-Spoon said:

so wut if ras kass shtarts losin his "passion" in his "art" and shtarts rappin about dubs on his bentley and bling blingin and ridin down tha street on parade balloons on his video? wut if he starts doin that shit jus so he could make more money? would u shtill buy his shit and reshpect him like u did when he wus less flamboyant? i doubt it. fold.
Actually he sort of has, songs like 'Bacc It Up', '4 Much', 'Bentleys & Bitches' and some others. He still came tight, not as tight as before but still tight.