Jay Z ripps 2pac!>....peep here

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
in my opinion, "what tupac would have done" is embrace this bling bling culture we live in now, AND TO THE FULLEST. HE WOULD BE RAPPIN WITH BITCHES. STRAIGHT UP. just my opinion.

Sep 13, 2002
this goes back to the other post.

music onlt sells by popularity, popularity comes from females clubs and mtv.

jay z just trying to make money. he aint a thug he aint ghetto he aint tuff he aint hard he dont got no balls he probably let his folks run up in his shit all day long.

but that dosent matter if you can make a pop song with a female or with a shitty beat and convince folks to like it your a hit.

taking the beat and the hook of a rapper who hated you and is now dead is disrespect anyway you look at it. wake the fuck up.

see music these days sells not because of what you can do, but because of what you cant do.

Apr 25, 2002
Tim said:
What about what Tupac did with 'Keep Ya Head Up'? He took the beat and hook from an old song, no different than what Jay-Z did. It's obvious ya'll are just looking for a reason to hate Jay-Z. I hope he does more shit like this just to piss ya'll off more. Also stop talking about what Tupac "would have" done, it's irrelevant. He's dead, he's not doing shit.
Tim, do you have a thing for Jay Z? Cause everytime his name pops up you defend him like he's your #1 bitch?

2pac did take a beat from someone else. But,
1. the poeple he took the beat from didn't hate his guts.
2. The beat was sampled. He didn't take the exact bassline of the song and make another song.
3. The chorus was sampled. I'll give you that. A lot of hiphop is samples though, but with Jay Z basically using the same beat, the same chorus, and almost the same name as 2pac did on his song is overdoing it (yea it was "Me and My Girlfriend" but people CONSTANTLY refer to it as "96' Bonnie and Clyde."
4. Despite the fact that 2pac is dead, its important because the fall of 2pac seems to coincide with the fall of good radio rap music. The second Pac died, Puffy and Fam began to dominate the radio...Then No Limit, then Cash Money...all trends. Pac and Deathrow and others (Nas, Ice Cube) created music that stands on its own two feet through time, its not old 2 years after he produced it. If Pac was still here, music would be so much better. We all know that. Look at the influence he made when people who he openly dissed and hated use his music for their songs! How many wanna be Pacs can we have on the radio (Jay Z, Ja Rule, DMX, Lil Zane, even Nas a little) somebody make it stop!

Oct 1, 2002
jay z does not suck hes no pac but he doesnt suck lyrically and battle wise very few mcs have enything on him and he knows how to make a hit theres nothing wrong with redoing a song but to steal the beat and the hook is biting but jay z got skills respect the skills

Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
Jay-Z a wannabe pac?? HAHAHAHAHAH!!! FUNNY SHIT!!!

I could take 5 minutes right now, and name you about 50 wannabe Pac's in the bay area....but i dont wanna risk offending any of them that read this board, HA HA HA...

Nas is a hypocrite and a fake, by the way.
I'd like to hear some names. Oh yea, and it obviously cant be artists who Pac worked with in the begining because thats how their style always was (ie Mac Mall, Ray Luv, the Outlawz, etc.)

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
What the fuck do you mean what Am i talkin about?

Jay Z and Ja Rule and P Diddy ALWAYS be rapping with women. They ALWAYS got women in their songs pullin off some shit.

Dont you even know about rap? At all?

Fuck the mainstream shit but at least I keep up a little on it... Jay Z a little bitch...

Oct 5, 2002
www.feenom.com
MaddDogg said:

Tim, do you have a thing for Jay Z? Cause everytime his name pops up you defend him like he's your #1 bitch?

thats funny coming from you because if tim's jayZ'a #1 bitch u jus made yourself Tupac's #1 bitch...wow a dead man's #1 bitch :classic: ofcourse thats only if you were implying that defending a rapper makes you his bitch =)

i can understand Ja Rule trying to be like pac..even little zane abit but Jay Z?? lol DMX?? dmx is on a different level, and is rapidly falling off, JayZ like pac is beyond me though..btw im not a big fan of either pac or jayz, i just love it when pac fans get ridiculious defending thier "BEST RAPPER EVER" bS.

is JayZ wrong for taking pac's song? ofcourse, but he's doing it for promotion/money not to diss pac or something, he might not be the best rapper but he's a very smart one, smart enough not to fuck his rep up over 2pac diss. btw u notice lil wayne took biggie & junior mafia's "get money" beat but biggie fans ain't throwing tantrums are they? think bout that, oh yea jayZ has repeated so many of biggie's hooks befor but no one said a damn thing expect for Nas and tahts only because he got dissed and had to use anyting he could on Jayz:rolleyes:

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Psilo707 said:
What the fuck do you mean what Am i talkin about?

Jay Z and Ja Rule and P Diddy ALWAYS be rapping with women. They ALWAYS got women in their songs pullin off some shit.

Dont you even know about rap? At all?

Fuck the mainstream shit but at least I keep up a little on it... Jay Z a little bitch...
So a rappers not allowed to have women on his shit? Why? Especially if it sells. You are obviously one of them ignorant ass people who seem to forget this is a BUSINESS and if it sells why not do it? You obviously don't listen to his albums. You are a retard, you have no idea what your are talking about. You continue to talk out of your ass about shit you don't know. Please do the world a favor and don't have any children, actually please just kill yourself now it's not worth the risk.

Sep 13, 2002
TIM,

thats you being on jay z dick.

he took pacs song pac hated him. thats wrong

end of story.

also jay z being one of the top in the game. thats a laugh.

May 10, 2002
proppa said:
TIM,

end of story.

Oh Jay-Z aint?Uhhh...whos songs do you hear playin every 5 minutes on the radio?Thank you...Hows he bein on Z's dick?Cus hes tryin to prove a point?That there are too many Jay-Z haters?He aint on his dick...you just hatin...

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Y'all are puttin WAY too much on it...Jay Z isn't dissing Pac on the track...Oh and Makaveli was NO Machiavelli...Please believe...I mean I dug Pac's shit just like the next man but let's not make a fucking GOD out of him

Mista CaNE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.mistacane.com
My personal opinion is that Pac was the pinnacle of what a rapper can become, he basically was at his max point, he was runnin shit in my mind he's the best ever. And yeah i felt that way before he died. Jay-z is the hottest cat right now in my eyes, however the bite of the song makes no sense because alot of people who liked pac will take offense to this. There's plenty of other songs he could have sampled, but yet he takes pac's shit from makaveli a time in pac's career where he clearly had animosity for jayz and the outlawz still diss jay occasionally in shit, so to me it just seems stupid. Of course it'll sell its jayz and half the kiddies wont even no pac did that shit. But me i think the whole song is wack, he just wanted him n beyonce on a cut and to me it seems forced.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
proppa said:
TIM,

end of story.

No that's bitches like ya'll riding Tupacs dead dicc. Ya'll act like there are special rules involving Tupac. Sorry to break it to you but there aren't. He is no different than anyone else, he isn't special. He's just another human being. He's not GOD, he's not some great being. Everytime someone even mentions Tupac all of you diccriders throw a fit if you don't approve of how it was done. Well guess what, YOUR OPINIONS DON'T MEAN SHIT. No matter what you think Jay-Z will continue to sell albums, Ja Rule will continue to sell albums, as will Nas, Eminem, and every other rapper you pathetic bitches love to waste your meaningless lives hating. Tupacs dead, while he was alive he made songs people liked, so of course people will remake them and re-use parts of them. Just like they do to songs by Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Parliament, James Brown, Roger & Zapp, The Isley Brothers and so on. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT. So shut the fucc up, all you people continue to do is further prove your ignorance.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Yeah and your opinions dont mean shit either. You aint nothin special at all either, actin like you do :/

you been on these forums for a long time and im sure youre a nice guy but you always going against the general populous and just soundin like a square and stickin up for the terrible artists and shit, i dunno... i think you should invest in some new opinions...

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I stick up for the people who are unnecessarily ganged up on and can't defend themselves. It's one thing to not like someones music but to continuosly bash them on the internet and take every chance you get to talk shit about them is fuccing pathetic is the epitome of (the overused word) hating. There are who knows how many artists out there, you don't like one then don't listen to them. It's that simple, I can't stand nelly so I don't listen to his shit, I can't stand icp so I don't listen to their shit, same for esham, same for ja rule and a lot of other artists. Yet I don't start threads or waste my time bashing them because it's not worth it. All you do by talking shit about these people is make yourself look pathetic. It's one thing to talk shit TO someone but none of them see anything you say so it's no different than talking shit behind someones bacc.

Sep 13, 2002
purebred, you need get the fuck off the board.

THATS REAL TALK

you said whos song playin on the radio every 5 minutes. oh shit its jay z's. damm that means he's good and i should by it right?

nsync probably playin every 2 minutes so i guess jay z aint shit huh?

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

radio doesnt make you the best. fuck realize it have a mind of your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a mind of your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a mind of your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a mind of your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a mind of your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a mind of your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a mind of your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a mind of your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
ReCK1 said:

thats funny coming from you because if tim's jayZ'a #1 bitch u jus made yourself Tupac's #1 bitch...wow a dead man's #1 bitch :classic: ofcourse thats only if you were implying that defending a rapper makes you his bitch =)

Mind your own business fool. If you wanna play that game your Tim's bitch for jumping all up in his argument and defending him like he cant speak and fight for himself which we all know he can he's probly one of the best debators on the fuckin board.

That statement was based on a number of statements Tim has made a number of times on a number of boards...And it wasnt even serious...more of a joke. Apparently you wouldn't know that BG, your making your assumptions based on 12 posts! "CLASSIC!!!"

As for me defending Pac, it doesnt take more than an hour of listening to Pac's music for one to realize he had funk with Jay and he wasn't feeling him AT ALL. I cant recall ever hearing Pac say one good thing about Jay Z. To take a man's beat, his song name, his chorus and trying to make it your own is wack, especially if the artist doing it is a complete fake and even more importantly that the song is a horrible remake of a classic song. I dont know what Jay Z was thinkin when he made that or what Deathrow/Afeni Shakur and the producer of the beat were thinking when they cleared that sample.