Hyphy vs. Mob Music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 1, 2006
man dude iz right Id much rather listen to old school forty and dre and cougnut and bela and shorts mob music than the shit they puttin out now !! now errybody just kind of rootin for the hyphy thing cuz its from the bay! if a nigga from the bay came up with the TURTLE movement we'd all be sportin shells on our backs!! but as far as realer songs shiiit them studio tone blappers and kyree was way before they time anyways!!but I guess thats before women took over the market!!

Nov 24, 2003
using that kind of sound, ( my pc just bug at my previous post )

I love good music and all these sounds call hyphy are just full of shit compares at the Mobb Sound period, that period when was a made a lot of classics and hot album

and wack ass excuses like makin money are bullshit too

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
it's just something different...we're in 2006 dude...not in the fuckin 90s... if you still want mobb music.. well some folks are still doin that shit... do your researches homeboy & stop cryin over hyphy's success...

Mar 1, 2006
how successful iz hyphy??? add up all the old scool mob soundscans compared to the so called hyphy movement (which the nation didnt quite pick up on so 40 went to the u and that song which I guess the hyphy thing didnt do what they thought it was gonna do so time to switch it up) spice 40 c bo richie rich n2deep allsold way more than the hphy has shit even mac mall sold as much as the hyphy 40 do and everbody else whos hyphy add it up!

Mar 20, 2005
Mobb Music, Its the Bay area trademark, The bay was more succesfull with the mobb sound. We have e 40 on MTV, Back when the bay was doing Mobb
RBL was on MTV (eye for an eye) ,C-Bo (money by the ton) Luniz 5 on it and 5 on it Remix with puff daddy, Richie Rich & more

This shits just a Gimmic that will soon die, The music has no heart

Nov 24, 2003
i don t cry over Hyphy... i just can t feel that vibe, and i think that s sad to see some dude like E-40 droppin record like My Ghetto Report Card just to have national audience when you look back at all his work in the past.

You know, i ve listen West Caost records from years and what i love these records a lot more than East Caost records cause it was a much more work in the composition.... great Bass line and synth and stuff

when you listen at Hyphy it s very minimalist music, i remember a video from Rick Rock workin on production who was done in like 15 min and shit... sorry but i can t feel that.

but hyphy exist for years too, fact of the matter is now hyphy is gettin mainstream and actually give much more money to artist who done that..just like crunck last year

Mar 1, 2006
hyphy iz never gonna make more money than the mobb did!! thats even back before bootleggin so thats all profit!!!besides the few folks who do the south an east aint fuckin with hyphy !! I aint never seen no bad ass broads gettin hyphy always a bunch of dudes!! only in bat spots!!

Apr 11, 2006
as far as club shit and raido shit HYPHY! as far as feeling something real tru the speakers, Mobb gets under your skin! two different types of music you can't compare apples and oranges..but in 98 99 out i was gettin tierd of hearing about sellin crack and splittin wigs 24 fuckin 7 and everyone rapping using the same doubles yellin thru the whole song with a fuckin limited vocabulary and ever so predictable flow pattern...with a few exceptions of course....killa tay c bo thas all i can remember right now LOL we get the point tho!