Hyphy vs. Mob Music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 11, 2002
Mobb Music. Hyphy is dope too. Lil repetitive at times. I seem to like the best of both worlds. Where it might be a nigga spittin Mobb shit over a Hyphy-type beat. Like San Quinn's "Hell Yeah" Mobb lyrics over a beat you can go dumb to. It's all Northern Cali, the dopest music out there so we shouldnt pit the two against each other. Plus as far as Mobb music goes the rappers are gettin a lot more lyrical. Niggas bars have really stepped up over what we heard in the 90's. As far as Hyphy goes, you have you respect the power it has over people. These niggas literally lose they fuckin minds when they favorite Hyphy shit comes on. Let's just support Northern Cali rap period cause it's all dope and it all moves us forward. Even the backpack rap like Zion I is dope as fuck. Northern Cali all day pimp.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
mobb because it has a replay value unlike hyphy(10+ years from now i'll still be bumpin them classic mobb joints.......wish i could say the same for hyphy).
But i like them both as of now, but hyphy is gettin a lil bit too repeatative imo.......

Apr 7, 2006
bigbreaded said:
IM A MOBBAHOLIC.....MOBB THAT SHIT OUT NIGGA.
CMW -Represent - 5 Star Classic!!!
Hyphy cool to gig to, but the mob shit's gonna stand the test of time... The soul of good hyphy is the mob shit.... Hopefully, Hyphy won't go out like disco... overexposed, overexploited, and eventually left souless... 10 yrs from now, these yellow bus riders gonna be emberrassed about some of them happy-ass shirts they be wearin'...

The mobb shit might return to the forefront once a hyphy album can actually go platinum, cuz then 50 Cent will feel that the music is acutally a threat to his sales; He'll go on the offensive and feel like he'll have to clown the bay for "going dumb" and being soft... That's when a bay area supergroup (of up to 5 respected bay artists) will form and put it down perfectly... Mob shit - with many of the songs having a hyphy touch sprinkled on them (for clubs and radio play) -with enough lyrical fire so all other regions will have no choice but to repsect and pay homage to our gangsta...

Oh well... I personally don't see a pure-hyphy album ever getting to the point that it'll sell millions but hey, D4L can make anything possible.... GOne

Dec 6, 2005
B-San said:
CMW -Represent - 5 Star Classic!!!
Hyphy cool to gig to, but the mob shit's gonna stand the test of time... The soul of good hyphy is the mob shit.... Hopefully, Hyphy won't go out like disco... overexposed, overexploited, and eventually left souless... 10 yrs from now, these yellow bus riders gonna be emberrassed about some of them happy-ass shirts they be wearin'...
real shit

hyphy is hyped up marketing scheme

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
what if it isn't mobb and what if you can't call it hyphy? then what label do you have for it? Quinn doesn't really fall under either if you ask me same goes for alot of rappers in the bay

C

CcytzO_Loc

i still dont see why and how you guys seperate the two so much.....look at J Diggs he got traccs that go dumb and get hyphy then he got mob traccs....both styles slap and he got spits....are you gonna striccly listen to his mob songs and say fucc j diggs when hes hyphy???? thas more retarded than a room full a thizzed out monkeys.....

notice cats sayin fucc hyphy its all about mob but the cats that like hyphy shit still like mob music???? i aint gonna say fucc mob jus cuz i like hyphy shit too....thas what you call "hatin".....

gangstas/thugs/hustlaz in the bay been goin dumb, gettin stupid, spinnin donuts and drivin crazy since way before the hyphy movement ....they jus didnt call it a movement or label it separately from their other everyday actions and Mac Dre said "hyphy" originally on Too Hard For The Fuccin Radio way bacc then....cats gettin mad cuz non gangsta kids is diggin the hyphy shit cuz they can relate to it more than to the mob shit that they dont really know about....funny thing is i bet most the mob fans are people who enjoy the mob music but never once have lived anything close to a mob lifestyle....its all entertainment either way......

Nov 24, 2003
Mobb music fa sho

Hyphy is just a insult to the Mobb Music and the ENTERYT scene and sound of the bay back in the days, and in music in general

some dudes like Keak Da Sneak and E-40 put real terrible records with all this hyphy crappy sound, they better stop using

C

CcytzO_Loc

lol@better stop using....

yeah they better stop before they make money right?????

slap yourself