Hyphy vs. Mob Music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Tycoonin said:
I'd rather MOB then go dumb.
Ditto
But I been experimenting with combining the two styles somewhat in some of my current music I been workin on..Im not feelin the hyphy style much but if you add some of that mobb flavor it adds a nice vibe. Why try to satisfy one crowd or the other, when you can satisfy both.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
Mobb music aint going nowhere, and it seems like the norteno rudeboys like big tone and sleepy santino got that shit on lock in 2006. I'll get down on hyphy but dude has a point in that lots of it is mainstream bullshit just with bay slanguage and a little culture.

D

DaSlimReaper

Doc Truth said:
How many times does this pop up here? its 2006 just forget about that mobb shit. Its done.
I know, I'm tired of these dumb ass threads.. All these nerds love them some Mobb music and ain't none of them really out there mobbin! Ya'll nerds act like ya'll can relate. I would think ya'll would be happy to have hyphy, coz anyone can be hyphy.. On a second note, ya'll prolly ain't hyphy either, just some bitter ass side liners who can't get of Mobb Music's dick.

C

CcytzO_Loc

both of em equally i mean its all bay/nor cal music right?

as long as the beats sicc and the rapper actually got skills then it dont really matter....

Jun 6, 2006
MOB all tha way. This hyphy music is mainstream as fuck, and 40 talkin bout ¨I dont bump mainstream i bump underground¨ that nigga went straight mainstream. The hyphy shit was cool with Dre and the rest of the thizz camp cuz if you hear the lyrics they still had that mob mentality over stupid beats. But these niggas out here forgot and just be talkin bout stupid shit. Dre kept it G in his hyphy shit still talkin bout jackin and shootin. These new bay rappers makin the bay sound soft and like its fool of fuckin dumbasses.

May 4, 2002
i bet hyphy would expand and appeal to other regions if it could get past all the scrappers, going dumb, white tees, nikes and the same bullshit they say over and over in each verse.... anyways to answer the question MOB music, shit gets played on the daily.

May 15, 2002
Mob music, no doubt about it.

p.s.
DaSlimReaper said:
I know, I'm tired of these dumb ass threads.. All these nerds love them some Mobb music and ain't none of them really out there mobbin! Ya'll nerds act like ya'll can relate. I would think ya'll would be happy to have hyphy, coz anyone can be hyphy.. On a second note, ya'll prolly ain't hyphy either, just some bitter ass side liners who can't get of Mobb Music's dick.
what in the hell are you talking about?