Golden St. Warriors 13-14 thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 20, 2003
Yea wtf happened to Barnes..... I member dude was ballin especially against us in the playoff series last season, all the games I've seen him play this season he's been way off and seems to have lost his confidence. Pretty odd if you ask me cuz he was dope at North Carolina!

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Spurs have our number... We haven't won a regular season game there in a LONG TIME. Plus their bench is deep too. The NBA title is coming to the West for sure. I can't see any team being able to get past the West.
spurs definitely got us damn near every time (and damn near rest of the league), best record in the league i think

heard that if the dubs don't make the second round (at least) that mark jack might be outta there. ..not sure how true it is but that would be a huge mistake IMO, he has made the dubs
a playoff squad

Jan 18, 2006
Fuck the Sacramento Queens, beat them to a pulp. Them bums need to relocate already and get outta Sac so the Warriors are the only Northern CA team

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
the fuck is goin on

Warriors fire assistant Darren Erman

OAKLAND, Calif. -- For the second time in two weeks, the Golden State Warriors have parted ways with an assistant coach.

The Warriors fired assistant Darren Erman on Saturday for "a violation of company policy," general manager Bob Myers said. He said that "this is the type of decision that would be made across the board and irrespective of position within the organization."

"Obviously, the timing is unfortunate, but we hold all of our employees, whether in basketball operations or other aspects of the business, accountable for their actions and to the same standard," Myers said. "We move forward and thank Darren for his contributions."

Erman is the second member of coach Mark Jackson's staff to be removed in the past two weeks. Jackson reassigned assistant Brian Scalabrine to the team's NBA Development League affiliate in Santa Cruz on March 25 because of what Jackson called a "difference in philosophies."

Erman was in his third season with the Warriors after spending four years with the Boston Celtics, where he worked under Doc Rivers. He also coached the Warriors' summer league championship team in Las Vegas last year and spent most of his time during the season reviewing video and studying opponents.

The Warriors (47-29) enter Sunday's home against Utah sixth in the Western Conference standings with six games to play. They are 1½ games behind fifth-place Portland and 1½ games ahead of seventh-place Dallas.

Jan 5, 2006
Seriously tho... I was just reading that on Yahoo. Either Mark Jackson is a bad evaluator OR Mark Jackson cannot get a long with other coaches. Either way this makes Jackson look bad and the ownership too for not really doing anything about it to "stop the bleeding" This is not the kind of stuff you wanna be hearing about when there's only about 6 games left to play trying to catch Portland for that 5th seed or build a bigger lead in the 6th seed keep the Mavs down.

Jan 18, 2006
yeah the wheels sort of falling off right before the playoffs is a really bad sign. Unless Jackson gets to the 2nd round theres no way i think he keeps his job. That part isnt even his fault, the gm didnt see that this team isnt built to play against the best and i know ive been critical but thats really the reason why. Expectations higher this year and the biggest mistake to me was not trying to get another big before the deadline mainly at power forward. Doesnt help that this was suppose to be Barnes coming out year but hes obviously has under performed.

Jan 5, 2006
Yeah I didn't feel Bogut was a solid pickup, mainly because of his health. But when he plays and doesn't foul out by the 3rd... he's money. Barnes and Green along with Klay need to step it up... Klay has gotten better but nowhere near as consistent as Curry. However, I think he's probably the best defender on the team. Iggy and Bogut are good too but they've been missing too many games.

trips

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Thompson: Warriors' turmoil might be prime motivation for Mark Jackson

By Marcus Thompson II

Mark Jackson is a serious boxing fan who holds Muhammad Ali in the highest regard. That matters because it illustrates his mindset and why the Warriors might be in a pretty good spot right now.

Sounds crazy, huh? It appears this franchise is falling apart at the seams. Now another assistant coach has gotten out of line.

Yet this might end up being fortuitous. The first 76 games of the season, all the drama and struggles, have resulted in the type of setting where Jackson does his best work -- when the world is against him. The Warriors play better when they have something to prove.

This season began with high expectations. The Warriors were deemed by many locally to be a serious contender. A top-four seed was the presumed next step. But events have conspired to change the tone, transforming the Warriors into disappointing underdogs.

The latest event is the ouster of assistant coach Darren Erman, who was fired because of what the team called a violation of company policy. Sources say Erman's behavior was egregious enough to warrant being fired immediately even though it would be a distraction to a team trying to find its footing on the cusp of the playoffs. The same team sources said this was not on Jackson, who weeks ago demoted assistant coach Brian Scalabrine to the NBA Development League because of a "difference of philosophy."

But no matter whose fault for this latest episode, it only adds to the aura of dysfunction entangling the franchise. All that preseason hype has dissipated thanks to injuries, a ridiculously tough Western Conference, ugly losses to inferior teams and tension between the head coach and management -- inflamed by co-owner Joe Lacob's public criticism of Jackson.

This franchise hardly resembles one poised for a postseason run. And that benefits the Warriors. Because this is where Jackson shines.

The supposed Goliath has again become David. And a master motivator, one who quietly has orchestrated one of the league's best defenses and has his team headed toward 50 wins, now has fresh ammunition to use.

The stage is set for Jackson to paint the Warriors as counted out. The environment is primed for this team to band together and hush the naysayers.

Jackson has proved he can handle his back being against the wall. So much so that you'd have to wonder if he's rope-a-doping. Like Ali.

The Warriors are 21-8 after losses this season, 10-1 after their last 11 defeats. This is after going 21-14 after losses last season.

The ability to thrive despite setbacks has marked the Jackson regime -- which has included a Monta Ellis sexting scandal, a secret Andrew Bogut microfracture surgery, Stephen Curry's ankle issues, Jackson's extortion scandal, and now drama with two assistant coaches.

You think he's reeling? This where Jackson has always thrived. He's comfortable here. He loves proving you wrong.

Adversity has always been his motivation. He might even create it in his head for some extra edge. For that is when his faith kicks in to overdrive, when his competitive spirit peaks. And coming out on top after such is when he can talk the most trash. Like Ali.

In 2012, he got a collection of D-Leaguers, NBA journeymen and youngsters to play noticeably hard for him even after management waived the white flag on the season and traded away the best player. In the 2012-13 season, he parlayed low predictions by national media into a rallying cry that pushed the Warriors out to a 22-10 start. He then milked the underdog status to the tune of a first-round upset over Denver and gave San Antonio a tough fight with his two best players hobbled by injuries.

And now, with six games left and the franchise plagued by drama, that us-against-the-world mentality has a reason to come back.

The Warriors have three starters dealing with injuries. No matter who they get in the playoffs (and making it isn't guaranteed yet), they will be climbing uphill. On top of that, Jackson's future with the organization hangs in the balance.

You could argue the Warriors are in this predicament because Jackson isn't good with expectations. You could make a case he was able to change the culture but isn't the guy to get this team to the next level. The Warriors as a franchise haven't handled the success of last season well.

However, getting to this point might have provided the best environment for them to make some real noise in the playoffs. Their best hope is playing inspired, relying on their chemistry and maxing out. And Jackson is equipped to play that against-the-odds card.

And if they pull of a playoff run, you had better believe he's going to announce how his team shocked the world. Like Ali.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Yeah I didn't feel Bogut was a solid pickup, mainly because of his health. But when he plays and doesn't foul out by the 3rd... he's money. Barnes and Green along with Klay need to step it up... Klay has gotten better but nowhere near as consistent as Curry. However, I think he's probably the best defender on the team. Iggy and Bogut are good too but they've been missing too many games.
Barnes, yes, but Green and Klay been playing great. Yeah Klay is not as consistent as Curry, but Curry is a special player. He's on a different level. You can't expect that out of Klay. Klay has been more than solid lately. I love Greens game. He's a great defender and does a lot of the dirty work. He's not a big time scorer, but that's not his game. He can make some shots though.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Everyone wants to talk about the turmoil and how the dubs are falling apart... yet we keep going out and winning games. We're 17-7 since the all star break. If we played at that rate all year we'd end up at 58 wins. At the end of the day it's about winning... and that's what we're doing. I think people had too high of expectations for this team to begin with. We're not the spurs or okc yet... but we're getting there. Teams have to build up to that point. We're going to have a better record in a much better western conference than last year. As a warriors fan we have to sit back and enjoy the team's success. Idk about you guys, but after dealing with years of being a lottery team I'm happy we're in the position we're in. Mark Jackson will be fine... and I really hope he doesn't get fired. We're probably not gonna win a ring or even make the finals this year, but we're working towards it. We've taken another step and gotten better this year... within a year or two I think we'll really be competing for a ring... but it's nice to even be in the conversation now.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yeah the wheels sort of falling off right before the playoffs is a really bad sign. Unless Jackson gets to the 2nd round theres no way i think he keeps his job. That part isnt even his fault, the gm didnt see that this team isnt built to play against the best and i know ive been critical but thats really the reason why. Expectations higher this year and the biggest mistake to me was not trying to get another big before the deadline mainly at power forward. Doesnt help that this was suppose to be Barnes coming out year but hes obviously has under performed.
You can't really knock what the team has done from a personnel standpoint. Yeah it can always be better... but come on... getting Iguodala in the off-season was incredible. On top of that we got Jordan Crawford and Steve Blake for next to nothing. The front office saw the bench as a weakness and addressed it. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I just think there's too much negativity around a team that's having a great season. And I'm a season ticket holder. I give these guys a lot of money... so I'd have a right to be critical if I wanted to. I just think a lot of the criticism is too harsh

Props: :ab: and :ab: