"Broken Chains" ft. Tech N9ne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2003
DaSlacker said:
I mean... Its just a book. Really.

Sure... "it's just a book"... that has survived some 5,000+ years... I'd say it's more than just that. Now, of course you are entitled to your own opinion. I would rather follow the what the Bible says and be wrong, vs. do whatever I want and lead a horrid life, and oops! The Bible was right all these hundreds of years and oops! Now I have to live in eternal damnation for eternity.

I would much rather choose the first option. Look at it as "eternal life insurance". :classic:

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
The B-I-B-L-E is NOT 5000 years old..

just so you know!

and there is a name for that way of thinking...the whole ..."Id rather be safe than sorry" thinking..

u should go to the Gathering of The Minds section...and teach us a thing or 2 about the bible and its truths..

:)

Sep 17, 2003
I see what you mean, JL. The events in the BIBLE are that old, but the actual age of the BIBLE is not really 5,000 years old. I should have clarified that.

I would love to think that I could go to a board such as the "Gathering of the Minds"... but I would undoubtably find folks very much against what I say from the get-go. Why expose the truth to people that won't even listen to what you have to say? If I did, I would just get ripped by a whole bunch of people. I don't need to hear all that garbage to try and "weaken" my faith. I know what I believe because I have faith! Without the hope of something better after this life, what is the point of living? Since God gave us his son, and Jesus died for the sins of all mankind, I think I owe it to BOTH of them to do what they say.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Why expose the truth to people that won't even listen to what you have to say? If I did, I would just get ripped by a whole bunch of people. I don't need to hear all that garbage to try and "weaken" my faith.
Jesus did! right?...thats why you are here today talking about him.

read quote below.

I think I owe it to BOTH of them to do what they say.

I think you owe it to them to defend your truth. If you honestly believe that Jesus died for your sins and he was the Son of God, then why not share that and your beliefs with other people. Its a decent forum for discussions such as these.

The main problem I have with Modern day Christians is that they are so afraid of the "opposite" of what they stand for. Its like I have faimly members who are so "religious, they cant stand to be around me. Interesting to me because Jesus himself stayed around sinners of all kinds and accepted them with open arms! right?

Im not trying to weaken your faith. Ill be honest, I was a church going individual myself till about 17 or so. Then I realized how much I didnt know about history and science. And when you put those 2 things together, Jesus doesnt really make sense.

Without the hope of something better after this life, what is the point of living?
WOW!
If that is how you really feel. Homie you need some help. Why do I live? my son, my sife, my parents, my nephews, etc. I love life and I live it to the fullest. I dont need to believe that there is a God and Jesus are up there waiting for me. I've accepted the fact that when I die, Thats IT! and I think if a lot of other people did that, this world would be a better place.
(suicide bombers, radical christians, radical muslims, Jews, etc)

Like I have said before. I am not new to your thinking...hell I used to think the same way. Just know there is alot out here (information) that would help you realize that maybe life is not what you thought it is.

just my 2 cents....

Sep 17, 2003
I appreciate it Jose. At least we can disagree without going ape shit on each other. If someone wants to hear the good news, I would never stop myself from telling those who want to hear. But there is really no point in preaching to those who already have their minds made up that there is no Heaven/Hell/God/Jesus/Satan. In all reality, I am not going to be able to convince them that there is a God in Heaven. Those folks want physical proof.

The people that I should be speaking at are those who do believe in all those, but perhaps have a radical point of view and have it twisted. The God that I know is really quite simple and only asks but a few things of man. Sadly, most people would rather do their own thing. You could never go wrong following the teachings of Jesus. It's good that you have all those people in your life, Jose!

Look at it like this... for someone who has nothing in life; No family, no worldly possessions... how great the hope of Heaven is! I live my life for God first. I give him the glory through how I treat my family and my friends. Trust me, I need no help.

I agree... you should be able to be friends with the sinners and the poor in spirit. Jesus certainly was. It sucks that others look down on you because of the way you are.

I don't see why you worried so much about not "knowing science." Science is not important to knowing Jesus. It fact, science has spawned one of the most rediculous theories of all time: evolution. I'm sorry, but people call creationism false and laugh at it; but seriously... Man evolved from an ape? It just happened over a period of thousands of years? Now that sounds every bit as silly!

God gave every man the right to choose how he lives his life. As long as on the day of Judgement, you remember those decisions.

(Okay, now proceed to pick apart every last word I just put down....:cool: Besides... my fingers are sore from all the typing! LoL)

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
i respect your beliefs...

one last thing: evolution is a fact. It does NOT mean that we came from apes. Although most scientist believe that, that is just one theory of evolution.

I wasnt saying that you need to know science to know Jesus. I am just saying that when you put Science and History together....Jesus doesnt make sense.

its all good though.

Jan 4, 2006
www.street-souljas.com
JLMACN said:
...and I think if a lot of other people did that, this world would be a better place.
(suicide bombers...

imagine ur whole family, wife, kids, parrents etc being blown up in air strikes..
most people wont look at life in the same way after that, many wont accept it if u know what i mean..
my point is that i understand many of em, revenge u know, the last way for many.

on a side note, im not religious.

Sep 30, 2002
Jesus Christ also constantly preached to sinners that if they did not change thier ways that his father would not know them and they would not be allowed into heaven. He was basically telling people to be good to one another, or there is worse punishment than this world can offer. Being too "religious" is real, and the message gets lost alot. I want my kids to live a life of loving and helping people, and loving God. My partners go to church in jeans and T-Shirts, they have most of thier Church on street corners battling cats that can't use the usual "fuck you this, and I got this" punch lines because they don't phase Christian M.C.'s, and they cut these cats up. But what happens is, they get to say the message in a language that these cats can understand. 6 Weeks ago, my partner destroyed this cat on the corner and most of rhyme was about how risky it was for this cat to live the lifestyle he does, since he said he loves his kids and stuff. They agreed to meet there the next weekend, but dude got smoked three days earlier. Christians shoulndn't be high and mighty, but they do have to be careful what they subject themselves to. I love people, but if we all loved eachother like that we wouldn't live in the kind of world we live in now. Or let me ask this, if EVERYONE followed the teachings of Jesus Christ, how many murders would we have, how different would the world be, and if there was no heaven, atleast the world be closer to it, than it is now.

My two cents.

Feb 17, 2006
kansascitycat, ive thought about the "insurance belief" that you mentioned. just believe, even if your wrong then nothing bad happens. i thought of doing this, but if you truly dont believe that God or Jesus never died for our sins then i dont think you are a true believer. God is all knowing from a christians eyes so if you dont deep down believe that he exists and you are doing not for him but for a better life after this one, then i think you arent going to heaven. i did not try to send that in a negative matter at all. just playing devils advocate

Sep 30, 2002
I do truly believe, there is no doubt why and how I live my life, mistakes and all. I don't do it for insurance, that is how I believe it is. I was just saying people love to believe there are no consequences for being a sinner, that is why they deny God, to pretend there are none. Its funny though, they are usually the same people that don't think about consequences like jail either, and when they end up there its everybody else's fault.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Or let me ask this, if EVERYONE followed the teachings of Jesus Christ, how many murders would we have, how different would the world be, and if there was no heaven, atleast the world be closer to it, than it is now.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!??!!??!?!

you think that "Jesus" is the only one that teaches this?

come on homie...This shit was taught long before "Jesus"..and long after...by other people..

Sep 30, 2002
I didn't dispute that peace and "good behavior" aren't taught in other groups, simply that you would be hard pressed to find a good reason why people shouldn't treat eachother the way the bible teaches.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
kansascitycat said:
I didn't dispute that peace and "good behavior" aren't taught in other groups, simply that you would be hard pressed to find a good reason why people shouldn't treat eachother the way the bible teaches.

really depends..

are we talking Old Testament or New Testament..

they are very different.

Sep 23, 2002
www.wannabattle.com
I'm serious. It's just a book.

It's filled with fables and stories that you are supposed to take in and learn from... Not believe them word for word. It basically boils down to just being a good person. So... just be a good person. That's it. That's all you have to do. Be a good goddamned holy shitting motherfucking person.

Focus on real life rather than a suppose-ed "after-life" and focus on why/how "jesus" lived rather than why/how he died... REAL LIFE would be alot more enjoyable and rewarding.

and by the way... Jesus wasn't white.

Status
Not open for further replies.