"Broken Chains" ft. Tech N9ne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2005
www.geocities.com
^very true

@ lyrycyst- homie listen, this is real. DONT ARGUE WIT THESE PEOPLE. THEY WILL NEVER GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR CHANGING YOUR LIFE. MOST OF THEM ARE SUPER GLUED TO TECHS NUTS. you'll just end up making yourself look like an ass arguing wit them. just keep doing your music thang and dont listen to people like this. all they bring is negitivity.

Sep 30, 2002
I love Tech, period. I have had personal experiences with Tech, I have done some stuff I wish I wouldn't have done, he has done some stuff I wish he wouldn't have done, but since people have brought up the religion issue, yet again, remember this, God says you should love everyone, like he loves them, that doesn't mean you have to do what they do, or roll with them. I love Christian rap music, especially for kids, because if yall will be real with yourselves, your kids shouldn't get to hear the stuff they hear on 103.3 everyday, it's the reason why at some point we will have all of our kids wanting to be thugs, killing eachother, without enough doctors to save them. Its the reason why some of your daughters will think its cool to be a hoe, because that's what niggas rap about everyday, and they will atleast consider doing what will make them cool. Tech's music, and most rap music for that matter should be for adults, because we can discern right from wrong. Tech's music is a little different, because I see him as a story teller, like from a movie director stand point. Tech told me one time that "some of the sickest motherfuckers on earth, Steven King for example isn't looked at like some rappers are and he writes some fucked up shit, but everyone knows its fiction, I direct my movies to music with words, and if people are smart they know some of it is my creativity"

I would rather my kids learn morals, than about "Gettin some head" at 3 O'clock on a wednesday when I pick him up at school, at the age of eight, so by 13 he can have a kid and his future go to trash, cause he has to be an adult now. I know some of you will argue that "it's the parents responsibility". Well that is bullshit, because the parents are out numbered now, and it's impossible for them to keep up with the machine that is pop culture.
CyrusTheVirus said:
so now you rap about passing out hugs because you flopped out and couldn't handle your drugs.....
What would you do if you kid overdosed, and said Tech N9ne said it was cool?
And don't give me that bullshit about "you have to tell him right from wrong" because your 1 or 2 talks, can't compare to the 2000 times he listened to the song.

soulwinnerrj said:
@ Lyrycyst

Do you realize that you can still like Tech and "be saved"? I mean, look at me... I'm one of the biggest "Christians" you'll ever meet, but I love Rap music. A lot of people even in my church think that all Rap music is evil. This is the way I see it... it's just music. Sometimes the artists mean what they say, sometimes they don't. If people have a problem with cussing and bad language in music, well, they just have to remember that it was man who made the words and man who says they're "bad". Just because the song is about fornication, adultery, drug use, etc., doesn't mean that I or anyone else should (or would) go out and do what the artist is talking about.

But just because I listen to Tech or anyone else, doesn't make me want to go and overdose on some drug or get so drunk, I can't remember who I am. But hey, I applaud that you're doing it because you feel compelled to and you're not worrying about what anyone else thinks about it.
I agree and disagree with you, for one the Bible says that cursed words and blessings cannot come out of the same mouth, (they had words they considered curses too, during biblical times) so if you had to choose one or the other which would you choose? Would you agree that children that have yet to establish a good sense of self and that are easily influenced, shouldn't listen to it.

Here is an interesting statistic for you, over 6000 children are hurt or killed each year trying to FLY, that is a real statistic. Lets face it, kids have to be shaped, or other stuff will shape them.

Tech will tell you his rhymes are real, and for the most part, they are auto-biographical, he will also tell you its a messed up life sometimes, and that part of the reason he does it, is because he wants his kids in private schools, he wants his wife in a nice neighborhood and far away from all of the shit he raps about. And I know that Tech believes,and has even stated in his songs that he believes JESUS CHRIST is coming back. I know Krizz Kaliko, believes the same, so you know they believe that they will have to be right in the eyes of the Lord at judgement, but is thier judgement, not mine, so I love them as people and pray for their souls just like I pray for mine.

NOBODY should give lyricyst a hard time about his choice of content, I know Tech wouldn't, as a matter of fact, I would bet anything Tech would support it and probably listen to it. There is a Christian rapper named Lecrae, that is one of best mc's I have heard, he has a good mic prescense and now he has good production behind him as well, he has an EPK up on myspace right now, for his album "After the Music stops" the first single "Jesus Musik" is on my myspace page.Here are some lyrics from the song "souled out" from an older album. This guy is an mc that gave up a deal, to do this because he wanted to make responsible music, and ended up with a deal anyway. You should atleast check out his delivery. myspace.com/lecrae

The world's the same
everybody wanna cop a chain
cop a dame
cop 22's on a range
wanna cop big fortune and fame
and they claimin that
they the reason why the cops get trained
stop the game
I came here to drop a name
JESUS
the same one that stopped the pain
how many thugs you know hard enough to stop the flames
its like
standin on tracks tryin to block a train
you got the game
messed up
stop and change
mind trapped, all wrapped up in locks and chains.
the same God you pray to before you sleep at night
the same God you disrespect when you creep at night
seek the light
and no trying to plead for life
talking bout
Im sorry God,
he like "leave my sight"
the key to life
is none other than JESUS CHRIST
if you a slave to your ways be free tonight.

Now whether you listen to Christian rap or not, because there are some Christian rappers that are "whack", I appreciate talent, and its all my kid listens to.

"Once saved always saved" is a catch 22 because it makes some people feel like they can't lose the salvation or "ticket to heaven" because they are saved, and that is not true,now listening to music can't send you to hell, but if you practice some of the stuff that you hear on the radio and God cracked the sky right now, you are probably going to hell, and that is real talk.

Sep 17, 2003
kansascitycat said:
"Once saved always saved" is a catch 22 because it makes some people feel like they can't lose the salvation or "ticket to heaven" because they are saved, and that is not true,now listening to music can't send you to hell, but if you practice some of the stuff that you hear on the radio and God cracked the sky right now, you are probably going to hell, and that is real talk.

I guess what I was mainly getting at was that listening to that kind of music probably won't send you to hell. Now, if someone believes that it might cost them their eternal salvation, then that person should abstain from it. I definately agree about being a good parent. I certainly did not grow up with rap music; I started listening to it on my own because my friends listened to it. That was when I was like 14. Even then, I knew better then to go out and do the things artists talk about in their rhymes. I know I turned out pretty darn good because of my parents, and now that I have a son, I know I will raise him the same way.

I agree too about the "once saved, always saved" garbage. If that were true, why then does Jesus say we have to ask for forgiveness after we sin? Heck, I could do whatever I wanted to if the "once saved" belief were true, and never worry about going to Hell! Same thing as the people who think everyone is going to Heaven, just because God isn't "that mean." Can you imagine on the day of Judgement, God saying, "Oh fooey on what I said guys; everybody, come on in!!" God knows that we'll never be perfect, that's why he created a way for us to attain forgiveness.

Sep 30, 2002
JL,

we agree on most things, and I am not here to try to convert anyone, I speak on my beliefs and the only thing I will say is this.

If I live my life by the word taught in the Bible, I will probably be a good dude, help people, treat them right, and in my beliefs go to heaven. In the beliefs of a person that does not believe Jesus is who he said he was, I will still be a good person and I will just lay in the ground like everyone else.

However......... If the non believers are wrong, they are in for a eternity of pain, and suffering, and I will be in Heaven, chillin. I'll take my chances following the word. Cause if I am wrong there are no consequences if they are wrong, God have mercy on thier souls.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
hahaha...

dont get me started...

i respect everyones beliefs.
just too bad people let it control their lives.

If believing in a savios helps you get by...and move on in life..
good for you..
do what you do...

Jan 28, 2005
i agree with you JL. and kansas city kat, i don't think there is just one way to heaven. but whatever belief makes you a better person is good with me. i think as long as you make a positive impact on the world around you, you will be ok.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
kansascitycat said:
What would you do if you kid overdosed, and said Tech N9ne said it was cool?
And don't give me that bullshit about "you have to tell him right from wrong" because your 1 or 2 talks, can't compare to the 2000 times he listened to the song.
what if scenarios should not be used to make a point.... they can go whatever way the author chooses....

for example

what if.... what if my kid picked up that christian rap album. This album made him feel like going to church and being more active in the church community. what if he decides to become very active and participate in all kinds of church functions. then what if he ends up getting molested by a priest who turned out to be a little boy lover. What if he then turns to drug use to hide the memories from a church experience that were so horrible he winds up overdosing after listening to that same christian rap album. Then we could have the same argument, that christian rap made my child overdose on drugs.

sure it's a little far fetched but fuck it. what if's are just that.. what if.

I'm not saying go do drugs. I'm not saying go listen to christian rap. I'm not saying anything. I'm just pointing out how born again christians are created from bad experiences in thier own lives. Hypocritical preaching about why someone should be this way because I was that way and changed is kind of shady in my opinion. Don't drive a car you might wreck... I once drove a car and I wrecked so if you drive a car you might wreck. Be like all of us and just ride the bus, all those car drivers are bad people umm kay... ride the bus from now on umm kay...:dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.