Zion I has reaffirmed my faith in hip-hop

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 29, 2006
the takeover track is dope and a few others. not true & livin but still better than most albums. its cool theyre always trying new shit, you dumb motherfuckers want everything to just stay the same

May 6, 2007
the takeover track is dope and a few others. not true & livin but still better than most albums. its cool theyre always trying new shit, you dumb motherfuckers want everything to just stay the same
Not true, I love when artists/bands try new sounds and go out side the box, but this to me is Zion I's worst album. Mind over Matter, Deep Water Slang, True & Livin', all dope albums, each different from the other. To me, The takeover is just an attempt to attract the mainstream appeal. Zion I will always be one of my favorites regardless, just this album is wack.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
wrong....deep water slang was totally different than mind over matter. in the same way in fact,more upbeat club tracks and i never once for a second criticized them for changing. this album just sucks,nothing to do with change,has to do with good music,plain and simple

Dec 26, 2004
Zion I is my best group over all. The latest was so so, but this one I havent known about so I can tell they changed a bit. Jus hope they have loose they style.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I'm just happy its something different. The drum and bass beats are a breath of fresh air to me. Def not True & Living (my favorite album) or Mind Over Matter or even Heroes In The City of Dope....but its still the first album of 2009 that sounds good to me with a blunt.

Country Baked Yams sounds gay as fuck in the beginning, but I fuckin love the song now haha.